It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't stop thinking that this is a time traveler.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
At first when I paused the tv for a break I didn't see the anomaly. But when I came back to press play I saw him. I couldn't believe how odd this was. Who was he? Why was he there? I tried to talk myself out of anything too "out there." But then I thought, he's too old to be a PRoduction assistant. He's definitely not a celebrity or dressed for the Grammys.

And I thought it was interesting how he was leaning down to escape the picture. But maybe it was for other reason he was trying to elude the shot. Was he a time traveler?

He certainly had the mystique to be one. And what was in his hand? It looks like a small shaft with bluish light emminating from the tip.

So many questions so few answers.

I know you're probably thinking why are you just posting now? Mainly because I just found it again on iPad and just noticed the bluish light thingy in his hand.

What are your thoughts ATS? Time traveler or freakishly out of place guy that somehow passed all security to get caught in a shot of celebs?

AAC.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

Time traveler is quite the jump there man... Looks like just some guy that got some where that he wasn't suppose to be and is getting shown his way out and told to try and stay out of the pictures.
He does seem very out of place, but time traveler should be pretty far at the bottom.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Have no fear Duck Dynasty is here! It's just Uncle Si ""Hey! Hey man, I dropped my tea cup!""

I don't think it's a time traveler and I believe in time travel.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
You are not alone

Sound engineer from Queen of the stone age, or Metallica related ...

gawker.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: drneville

I can put this to rest now, thanks.

Nothing to see here.

AAC

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I'm convinced someone is messing with time travel on this planet. WHen my weird experiences started I remember watching a movie called Ghost Rider I think about a stunt guy. Something caught my intention with a poster in the background but when I backed up the film it was a totally different poster. I cant explain it but I swear someone changed a part of that movie set like time travel or something. I don't know how else to explain it except I swear the poster was one way then rewound the film to see again and it was different. Then weird stuff started happening more with thinking stuff then seeing something related shortly after and I was arrested and told I had schizophrenia... Something messed up is going on with this world so it wouldn't surprise me if some time travellers were goofing around. I would if I could.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
and i thought it was Gandalf

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Oh, that is "Gary" from 'Hair and make-up' poor thing hasn't worked since the 1964 Stanwyck/Presley classic "Roustabout"...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Are you serious? No such thing.

Don't you think if time travel was real someone with some brains and technology would come back and attempt to change our history for the better or for the worse.

The human body can not travel through time. Time travel is a hoax.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IseeyourBS

You say that as an absolute. I am not predicating one way or another but to say something is impossible when you have not experimented except to click your mouse a few times is high ignorance.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilky

You say that as an absolute. I am not predicating one way or another but to say something is impossible when you have not experimented except to click your mouse a few times is high ignorance.

Look..... I am a Star Trek fan myself but cmon....our human bodies can not even travel (VERY limited) through space let alone time.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Are you serious? No such thing.

Don't you think if time travel was real someone with some brains and technology would come back and attempt to change our history for the better or for the worse.

And who says that hasn't already happened?

Think of it like this - how hard would it be to change a major course in history? Could you send one person back and prevent a war? Wars tend to be the culmination of a lot of factors, some of which might take centuries to build up.

Here's a thought for you. It's about a man called Herman Von Strumpet. He took control of the fledgling Nazi party from Hitler in the 30's and eventually became the Fuhrer. He was evil, ruthless, driven, charismatic, incredibly intelligent, and a tactician that made Alexander the Great seem like an amateur. Under his control, Germany swept through Europe, Russia, and Africa like a wildfire, unstoppable, eventually taking India, China, and South America as well. Everyone who failed to meet his strict Aryan ideals was executed on the spot. Four fifths of the world's population was wiped out.

A single man, a time traveller, was sent back to ensure that Herman Von Strumpet was killed in 1920. The Nazis still rose, but under Hitler. War still broke out, people still died, but without Von Strumpet's guidance, Germany was stoppable.

Why not stop the war completely? First of all, how would a single person or a small team completely resolve all the social and economic issues that brought about the war? Even if they could, how could they guarantee that the alternative timeline wasn't even worse? They could make an assessment and calculate the potential outcome from a single death, but how to calculate the knock-on effects of radically altering the social and economic landscape of an entire continent? Also, without that war, the research team that laid the groundwork for time travel would not have been funded, so they had no way of knowing whether the technology would have been invented in their original time.

It reminds me of a quandary faced by Tom Baker's Doctor - he could destroy the Daleks before they rose to power, but without the threat of the Daleks, thousands of different species would never have united in alliance and would still be waging war against each other. Would the universe actually be a better place without the Daleks?

Regardless, you would have no way of knowing if the time line was ever altered, because you would never know any different. Just like you've never heard of Herman Von Strumpet, because history books have no reason to note the death of an unknown man due to a freak accident with an apple strudel and a length of hosepipe.

If time travel was possible, the only safe way to do it would be as a discrete observer, nothing else.

For the record, while I am loathe to discount any technology being possible, I would be incredibly surprised if time travel of the kind discussed here was ever developed. That's as close to "it's impossible and it will never happen" as I like to get

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Looks like a homeless man with a Blu e-cig who claims to be from the future.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

you deserve many stars simply for "...apple strudel and a length of hosepipe.'' Though history may have forgotten we must remember the traveler's noble deed.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Beards are really popular now, so I am guessing some dude got caught in the frame...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

its a modern theory
lots of potential

new topics

top topics

join