It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Beat Man Bloody Then Arrest Him For Bleeding On Them

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Clearly you are having trouble comprehending what I wrote so I suggest you watch the video.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

This case is 5 years old, why are you bringing it up now?

edit on 16-8-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

This case isn't being brought up by me, I don't work for the Daily Beast. Judging by your posts I see you're a staunch supporter of the police department in question and I realize having a discussion with you would be fruitless. So, good day.
edit on 16-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

This case isn't being brought up by me

Well that's funny because I could have sworn you were the author of this thread.

Judging by your posts I see you're a staunch supporter of the police department in question

No, I'm a staunch supporter of one of it's officers, his name is Darren Wilson and he was a member of the force at the time of this incident. Was he one of the officers involved?

BTW Are you a staunch supporter of everyone in Ferguson?

and I realize having a discussion with you would be fruitless.

This I happen to agree with. It would be fruitless... for you.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

This case is 5 years old, why are you bringing it up now?

It appears this case is pertinent to the culture that is fostered in the Ferguson Police Dept. Thank you Swills for this information. This one piece establishes a history that calls for a complete investigation of every officer on that force as something is wrong with this picture.

There is a lot of information and misinformation everywhere on this case, and too many people taking sides instead of trying to sort out the ills on both sides of this. I don't know all the facts of this case. But there is already enough out there to see some things clearly:

1) Michael Brown was not the 'gentle giant' as evidenced from the video in the store;
2) The police has at least some history of intimidation, abuse, and coverup;
3) The community is obviously enraged;
4) Some either in the community or outside of it have taken this rage way farther than deserved with the rioting and looting;
5) The militarization of the local police forces has went too far.

I see a lot of wrongs, very little right, and a lot we still don't know.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I like how you cut off my post taking it out of context. Reguardless where the clear cut case of abuse happened I would have posted it no matter how old you think it is.

Good of you to admit that, so your bias is clear as is your agenda. There clearly is nothing more to discuss.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I like the last sentence in the video.

"On top of it...they're PUSSIES".

Pretty much defines every single cop I know or have heard about. Relatives included.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I cut it off because you changed the context in order to avoid answering my question.
Anyhow we still have plenty to discuss. This case is 5 years old and since then the department has a new police chief. Worth mentioning is that he changed the procedure for filing excessive use of force reports.

Schottel got another unpleasant surprise when he sought the use-of-force history of the officers involved. He learned that before a new chief took over in 2010 the department had a surprising protocol for non-fatal use-of-force reports.

source

I'm looking for more changes made since then as well, so stay tuned.

BTW you didn't address my other question either, was Darren Wilson involved in this incident?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

See now we 're just dancing in circles. I'm the one taking it out of context? It appears you're just using my own words against me while making no sense. As I've already posted, whether this happened in Missouri or Japan I would have posted it, and since when is there a statute of limitations on a clear case of police brutality that also resulted in the officers getting off Scott free? But since this case comes from the same department that killed an unarmed teenager it makes it very relevant.

What a weird question but your bias is clear and you will not bring any of us into yor world of ignorance because you support the officer who did the shooting in the departments lastest fiasco. What's your relationship to the officer? Or do you just support the shooting of unarmed black teenagers? But either way, it doesn't matter because no one said officer Wilson was involved with this case but it does paint a picture how the department handles itself and he was an officer at the time.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

All serious discussion aside.. i have a crush on Ana Kasparian.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

And the local magistrate threw his case against the cops out of court. Despite an officer admitting he lied and a ton of evidence being destroyed.

what a kind sweet soul she is.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged

And the local magistrate threw his case against the cops out of court. Despite an officer admitting he lied and a ton of evidence being destroyed.

what a kind sweet soul she is.

This.

I have a huge, terrible, horrific, issue with this.

Okay, so they mucked up. Bad. Then, try to cover it up. When called on it, they hem and haw, and the case, all charges, dismissed.

Who foots the bills on this? What redress does this man, or anyone, in a similar situation, have? I can answer you. None.

If the suit against the officers, or department, is dropped, you're done. No one, I mean NO ONE, will give a care once this reaches this stage.

The most horrible things imaginable can happen, and unless you literally have dollars to burn or some magical carpet ride to center stage media, at a high enough level to literally embarrass them to address YOUR issue out of saving their butts for face value alone, you're done.

There is no one policing the police, except! your local Bureau of Investigations. Sadly, however, only the Police Departments can call them in. This is the saving face part. I would like to claim that, as it should be, these outside agencies are unbiased, however, they are also corrupt from within, AT TIMES. Not always, as with anything, but, the risk is high that the outsider, you, will be seen as a trouble maker, and the insiders, the boyz in bloo, are part and parcel of a good ole boy network.

So, finding yourself in a situation such as this man, where do you go for help? Home, if you manage to still have one. Some people lose their jobs, their spouses, families, children, their entire life savings, all their personal belongings, everything that constitutes "them", and they have nowhere to turn for redress.

If you are broke, which you usually are after posting bond, fees, fines, etc., no one but the richest, or those with wealthy family members, have any way to hire a personal attorney and go after them, civilly.

Yep, that's your only chance, a civil suit. Do you realize that some Court districts have NEVER heard a successful Civil Rights suit against a police agency, or the supporting jail/prison system? Shocking, because you must know at some llace and time, a persons' Civil rights have been violated in every place in this country. However, the fact remains a truth, that some districts are devoid of a successful suit. The begs the question, "Why?". And, the simple answer is, "Hey, this judge has your back."

Right this moment, I can show you a Sheriff that has had thousands, no exagerrating, of suits filed against him. Not one has ever been successful, and his abuse in his jail continues. Why? Because they have his back. The only hope? Change of venue. Even then, good luck, because just like doctors, it's a silent code. We don't do anything to jeopardize each other. Period.

If you sense I am angry, you are correct. If you sense I am bitter, yep, that too. Sadly, this man's life may have been destroyed, at the very least, we know it was greatly disrupted. One can only pray that one day, what goes around comes around, and those that did him wrong, pay in some way. My heart breaks for him, because I know the desperation he felt, first hand.

I do think it is wrong to convict an entire PD based on the actions of a few. We do not know what happened to these cops, employment wise, as has been pointed out, a new Chief was hired, so one can only hope that some changes within were made. What I can say is, each case really must be looked at on a case by case basis, though I do feel corruption is wide spread, there ARE cops who live by, "Be the change you want to see."

However, let it be said, it's a stain, and no doubt, one of many excellent reasons to point to for the general mistrust of that PD, and, in general, the angst about police in general.

HAND

edit on 16-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

See now we 're just dancing in circles.

Lol. You know why too

For those who don't, I was trying to be clever after having my first post removed. A mod felt it was off topic, I felt is was on topic. So in order to prove my point, I asked Swills why he started this thread. Of course (I hope I'm not giving him too much credit here) he knew what I was doing, so instead of answering the question (which would've made my comment on topic), he (being a clever fellow himself) deflected instead.

Anyway... I'm willing to stop dancing if you are too.

What I don't have time for at the moment though is research. I'd like to know how many of the officers involved are still with the department, whether or not Darren Wilson was involved, and what happened in that cell before they came in there and beat the crap out of him (his account of the incident is missing some details obviously).

I've done a little digging but I'm also in the middle of packing because I'm driving to Illinois tonight. I'll be less than an hour from Ferguson for the next 3 years so wish me luck.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I read that article yesterday and posted it in a couple of threads, it got the attention of one member. It's hard to get the the truth of any matter when you are overwhelmed with misinformation and hate. Glad to know that you started a thread with it. The residents of Ferguson know all too well what they are up against, and won't give in to the demands of any authority, not anymore.

In this day and age of submission or else, I fear the or else will spread and we will have our first look at martial law in action.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

You may well be right, I just saw on the news the Governer has declared a state of emergency for Ferguson, which opens the door for martial law, does it not?

I fear the worst is yet to come in all of this.
hosted.ap.org...

edit on 16-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

There is now a curfew in place from midnight till 5 am. I'm going to guess from the reaction of the community it may not go over well. Some are now promoting having residents in their front yard yelling "hands up, don't shoot". It won't be the quiet evening the authorities want.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I cut it off because you changed the context in order to avoid answering my question.
Anyhow we still have plenty to discuss. This case is 5 years old and since then the department has a new police chief. Worth mentioning is that he changed the procedure for filing excessive use of force reports.

Schottel got another unpleasant surprise when he sought the use-of-force history of the officers involved. He learned that before a new chief took over in 2010 the department had a surprising protocol for non-fatal use-of-force reports.

source

I'm looking for more changes made since then as well, so stay tuned.

BTW you didn't address my other question either, was Darren Wilson involved in this incident?

You are going to be a jerk to him, then ask for information? Why don't you do your own investigation, you are familiar with google.com right? I am getting really tired of the total lack of manners this case is seeming to bring out in people.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I am really starting to think that nobody cares about anything any more .
or maybe its just me.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: badnflunz
a reply to: mOjOm

I am really starting to think that nobody cares about anything any more .
or maybe its just me.

After reading things like this even nobody caring seems too mild. I don't know know what exactly anyone was thinking to themselves during all this but this goes beyond just not caring. This is something akin to Sadism or something.

The fact that you find it disturbing however at least makes me feel better about the fact that you're also out there in this crazy world and not everyone is lost yet.

edit on 16-8-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wow.... It's hard to believe this happens in this day and age. Well, no, not really, explains why the pigs there don't have cameras though I guess. Can't have incriminating evidence of abuse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join