It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Sunni tribes take up arms against jihadists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This news is music to my ears. Sunni tribes taking up the fight against ISIS, ISIL, IS, whatever the hell they are calling themselves these days. I want the Arab world to fight against these spawns of Satan and cleansed the Middle East of their presence asap!

english.ahram.org.eg...

Members of more than 25 prominent Sunni tribes took up arms against jihadists and their allies west of the Iraqi capital on Friday, a tribal leader and officers said.

The uprising in Anbar province, where jihadists from the Islamic State (IS) group and insurgent allies hold major areas, came a day after Nuri al-Maliki, the incumbent premier who is widely reviled by Iraqi Sunni Arabs, abandoned his bid for a third term.

Anbar was the birthplace of a 2006 US-backed uprising against extremist militants that helped bring about a sharp reduction in violence.

The current effort could potentially be a major turning point in Iraq's two-month conflict against an IS-led offensive.

"This popular revolution was agreed on with all the tribes that want to fight IS, which spilled our blood," Sheikh Abduljabbar Abu Risha, one of the leaders of the uprising, told AFP.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
well its known isis are butchering not just christians and other religions but even muslim sects who dont agree with their views

so ermm, i guess its not that big a suprise

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Its time America stepped down as the worlds police. I think we're having a nervous breakdown.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dinogirl

No, actually, it is. ISIS is composed and supported mainly by Sunni's. They spawned in opposition to the Shiite led Iraqi gov't after the fall of Saddam. Because the Sunni's felt the newly formed Shiite gov't was discriminating against them ISIS grew in support & power. So the fact that now Sunni tribes are taking up arms against them is very good, refreshing, news.

ISIS bloodthirsty ways are finally working against them.
edit on 15-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Good news. But Saudis might come in from behind... Not sure how. Probably ideologicaly. If you think propaganda wars here are bad, take one step into the ME, even the tumble weeds are propoganda..
edit on 16-8-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Sunni against Sunni.......
The Shia gotta love that too....
I cant imagine what next.....the whole shebang going to end up whacking each other over some pointless #...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
If anything these idiots (ISIS) good at so far are to force the affected and highly scattered Middle East nations to gather around, stop their silly differences, work with each other and fighting back these murdering dogs (created by CIA/MOSAD and MI6).

If not, they have to face the consequences one way or the another.. Conquered by the ISIS or the occupational/colonial western forces!

edit on 16-8-2014 by amkia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join