It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting A Military Vehicle Is Shockingly Simple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

"Images of police outfitted in paramilitary gear clashing with protesters in suburban St. Louis are giving new impetus to efforts to rein in a Pentagon program that provides free machine guns and other surplus military equipment to local law enforcement agencies.

Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., says he plans to introduce legislation when Congress returns in September to curb what he describes as an increasing militarization of police agencies across the country. Police responding to protesters angry about the weekend shooting death of an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri, wore riot gear and deployed tear gas, dogs and armored vehicles.

“Our Main Streets should be a place for business, families and relaxation, not tanks and M16s,”

Lawmaker To Introduce Bill To Curb Increasing Militarization Of Police Agencies

A police officer keeps watch over demonstrators protesting the shooting death of teenager Michael Brown on Aug. 13, 2014 in Ferguson, Mo. (credit: Scott Olson/Getty Images)

It's all too easy for US police to become militarized thanks to our federal gov't. So easy, a caveman can do it! Seriously, it's that easy, unlike just about 99% of every other gov't application...

It's very clear the fed's, and the military industrial complex, want the police armed to the teeth.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

This bill was in response to there being an actual issue at that time.

GASP, I'm gonna say it. Gun control helped I think. Maybe. Idk. There doesn't seem to be a need for this. If there was it would be in use for more than crowd control.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

How utterly ridiculous...thanks for the info my friend...

Awesome link from the video...

Weapons, Armor etc rollover map
edit on 15-8-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

I don't really blame the police for grabbing this stuff up...why let some other cities get the stuff...blame the government for allowing this crap to happen..they are putting these military weapons in the hands of the police...this is big money for defense contractors...thin the lot in the middleeast and hope for another war...they are not going to ask for the stuff back so the defense contractors, gun manufactures, optics get to sell more to the government...
edit on 15-8-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

"Images of police outfitted in paramilitary gear clashing with protesters in suburban St. Louis are giving new impetus to efforts to rein in a Pentagon program that provides free machine guns and other surplus military equipment to local law enforcement agencies.

Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., says he plans to introduce legislation when Congress returns in September to curb what he describes as an increasing militarization of police agencies across the country. Police responding to protesters angry about the weekend shooting death of an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri, wore riot gear and deployed tear gas, dogs and armored vehicles.

“Our Main Streets should be a place for business, families and relaxation, not tanks and M16s,”

Lawmaker To Introduce Bill To Curb Increasing Militarization Of Police Agencies

A police officer keeps watch over demonstrators protesting the shooting death of teenager Michael Brown on Aug. 13, 2014 in Ferguson, Mo. (credit: Scott Olson/Getty Images)

It's all too easy for US police to become militarized thanks to our federal gov't. So easy, a caveman can do it! Seriously, it's that easy, unlike just about 99% of every other gov't application...

It's very clear the fed's, and the military industrial complex, want the police armed to the teeth.

They wanted a "war". Maybe they will be sorry for what they wished for. Being more armored, more well equiped, more expensive means #....

Just look at Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq to show these pigs that it doesn't matter how well equipped they are. Guerrilla warfare will win EVERY time.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Yea you just go buy it.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I love how Miami/Dade County picked up four mine resistant vehicles and if you look at LA through that interactive map they have more firepower than some smaller countries that they picked up from surplus...

For those too lazy to look they picked up the following from Uncle Sam
Assault Rifles 3,408
Body Armor Pieces 1,696
Night Vision Pieces 827
Pistols 44
Helicopters 15
Other Armored Vehicles 4
Grenade Launchers 3
Mine Resistant Vehicles 3
Plane 1

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

It would appear that these vehicles Anti Mine Vehicles require special training and maintenance...A company by the name of Serco seems to be the leader in supply and maintenance...what a fat contract they must have with each city/state that owns some of the vehicles..It's a UK based company but does everything from medical equipment to parking meters and you guessed it military equipment..wonder how much they donate to each political party?

I'm also shocked that ATS is not all over this post...what the hell is going on?

new topics

top topics

join