It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are being subliminally persuaded to pick up guns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: kicked

maybe he used to go with the flow & only recently decided not to anymore. Maybe because he learned what the plot was when he didn't think that there was any, just creating songs like everyone else.

who knows for sure

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Well then I guess heavy metal is the way to go. That is just Satan there and he just tells me to worship him, never to pick up any guns!

Besides Satan has all the good music anyways.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Rap has plenty of satanic symbolism, especially in the big names of the industry; Eminem, Jay Z, Kanye West etc. But as i said in the OP, i think that it's just a trend.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish
Read through her lyrics. "Show me who's the boss" and such like that. Its sexism masquerading as feminism. "Be your teenage dream tonight" underage fantasies..."I hope you hang yourself with your H&M scarf, While jacking off listening to Mozart" seriously wtf? I wouldnt let my kids listen to her. Despite talent

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I say bull doody to all of this.

I am a metal head. Listening to extreme metal has exposed me to a vast amount of dark, oppressive themes, with threatening overtones and undertones, with lyrics referencing the end of times, the bowels of the realms of Hell, the sicknesses inherent in the human condition, referencing brutalities and horrors inflicted on the human psyche, spirit, and the body.

However, just because all of those things can be found within the music or the lyrics, or indeed both, does not make me any more likely to decide one day, that the best use of my time would be to find a loose chunk of masonry, and use it to open the cranium of random passers by, just to see what their brains look like.

I am aware enough to know that when I DO get volcanically angry, that is a fault with me, and no one outside my flesh and blood has any responsibility to bare for that.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Yeah Satan rules.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I have friends who are metal heads and they would agree with everything you said. They've also told me about episodes where they have got volcanically angry, well put. I wouldn't attribute those episodes to the music they're listening to, but probably more likely that they just need a cigarette. All that said and as was brought up by previous poster's there are people who listen to the same music who aren't going to be as aware as you are of the undertones. I don't want to think that these things are put into music are for a sinister purpose, but all the themes of the music that you state will influence a more weak minded person. I'm not a listener of heavy metal, but i am aware of the dark undertones in the genre. i didn't want to address the undertones in that type of music because i can't really speak on it. Thanks for the insight!

a reply to: knoledgeispower
If he did change his mind about the music he was spreading then this would be a very positive shift in conciousness. I'm going to await his upcoming album to see if he is indeed a sell out, or if he actually changed his opinion and position. That said from what i have heard of his more recent music, he has developed an inflection of anger that most rappers develop as they progress in popularity.
edit on 16-8-2014 by kicked because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I took those to be sexual innuendoes. But, its not a bad thing that you monitor your kids music. My kids came in my room all agasp when I thought they were asleep and I was listening to Wu Tang.

a reply to: Ridhya

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

oh man, that would have been a glorious day had i caught one of my parents listening to wu tang hahaha.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I usually play what we call shut up music. If I start singing, they shut up. It was when they were younger. Now I don't worry as much.

We have had to have talks about D' Angelos song S... D...M....... it always starts with the question, "Why are you laughing? "

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Metalhead here.

But my favorite if all time was Eazy-E.

Creep n Crawl, Nobody Move is my favorites.

Whoever this dude you are talking about ain't got sh$@ on Eazy.

It's just a scapegoat. People want to blame their problems on something.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join