It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Purge" ...Louisville KY real life version - Friday Aug 15 2014 8pm to 6:30am

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
Just a bunch of stupid brainwashed adolescence chumps believing in too much hollywood, just like the zombie believer morons. get rid of the game consoles and this crap will stop in a few years.

Orrr.. No.
At 40 I still play.
Give Nintendo to kids.
And everything else to 21 and over with a mental test.
Then there is still movies like "The Purge"
And shows like Dexter or ( enter any here ).

I only thank whoever that we haven't gone full... "idiocracy" yet as one mod has said.
I have played horrific games...
But I have the mental capacity to not act on it.

Still giving you a star...
As I have many times in the past.. :-)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Report called in "A man in his car flashing his headlights, seems to be related to The Purge"

To hear dispatch saying that... My god, it's actually a little frightening.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Louisville has been plagued by black youth violence several times this year, so even this kind of 'prank' will turn into another excuse to run amok thru the town.

A few links on a bad rash of violence that broke out in March of this year:

Downtown business owner says violent teen mobs not uncommon

Louisville police: 17 downtown mob incidents Saturday

With what has happened this week, don't expect this to be a hoax, but only an escalation of what is already happening in that city.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

Good thing that's not a real gun.

link   
I'm a late comer to the thread, does anyone know exactly what started this? I know that we have a flier and social media, but was there a specific reason that caused people to think that this was a wise choice of free time use on a Friday night??

link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I'm a late comer to the thread, does anyone know exactly what started this? I

The internet.

edit on 8/15/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Yeah, I am ashamed, you see, I, as a teenager unmercifully maimed and killed countless mushrooms. I know now that the cause was my NES and that confounded Mario, he brainwashed me into despising mushrooms. Although I still eat mushrooms to this day, I let someone else kill and maim them first.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Just a bunch of stupid brainwashed adolescence chumps believing in too much hollywood, just like the zombie believer morons. get rid of the game consoles and this crap will stop in a few years.

Orrr.. No.
At 40 I still play.
Give Nintendo to kids.

I only thank whoever that we haven't gone full... "idiocracy" yet as one mod has said.

Thanks, I know i am guilty of stupidity myself often, But this crap makes me wonder what's up with the youth. BTW I am 49 going on death

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
I don't think it's been narrowed down to one person or anything.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Note to self!
Pick the worse part of the Pittsburgh to move to.

Don't move to Louisville KY.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

The internet.

That explains it then. It's going to hell in a hand basket I guess. Sh&@ for brains and boredom = dumbassery.
edit on 8/15/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Heck I didn't even hear about it until this thread, but I don't use social media either. When I first saw the thread I wasn't going to open it because I thought it was about that dumb movie, and then right before I closed the tabs to snuggle for the night I opened this thread...

then Neno and I looked it up and saw it was everywhere, not just Louisville. Crazy... I have no idea what this might be related to.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
I live about 20 minutes north, across the bridge into Indiana.
I like this area, HATE going across the bridge into Louisville.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: scghst1
a reply to: daaskapital

The reports ARE to be believed. We are listening to the live police scanner. It's not a PR stunt. Real people are shooting real guns and people are getting shot by said real bullets.

Indeed, i have tuned in as well.

That said, just because crimes are being committed, doesn't mean that the events weren't kicked off by an initial PR stunt. There have been flyers put up in numerous cities, and it has attracted a lot of attention. The only problem is that people have actually carried out crimes on an increased scale.

I'd say that it was a PR stunt, but real people have committed real crimes on top of it. Essentially, it is a PR stunt gone wrong. In my opinion.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Lol...
It's all cool.
Believe me I get your frustration..

Listening to this is unsettling...
On top of all the other stuff today.
:-)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

I have lived in Louisville all of my life. Now we live about 10 minutes outside of Louisville. Some of you are saying this is a hoax or psyops or whatever. I can tell you that a couple of months ago there was some stuff going on on facebook where a bunch of these "kids" decided to meet down at the water front. It ended up being a LARGE group of kids that randomly beat people and terrorized families that were minding their own business. So to the poster who was talking about all the liberals that were holed up in there homes because of this, all I can say is that if you lived here, I bet you wouldn't go to the west end either. It isn't a joke, it isn't a way to increase the "police state" it is a bunch of punk *ss kids that need to know what a hard days work feels like. Maybe if they would get a job, maybe if they had to buy something with money that they actually had to earn, they wouldn't be so keen on destroying other peoples property.
It literally makes me sick to my stomach. Why? Because my husband is a police officer and is at work RIGHT NOW. This is how he makes a living. And I know so many of you on this site are police haters, but let me tell you, I would rather have a run in with the law in Louisville than a run in with someone from the west end. My husband is a good man, he believes in giving people second chances. He believes that everyone makes mistakes. He believes that some times kids will just be kids. It scares the crap out of me because now the "kids" aren't just kids. They are out for revenge.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Good point, thanks for clarifying. Makes sense to me now.

link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I have no idea what this might be related to.

mass brainwashing or parasites really are controlling people

link   

So far it's just the idiots in Louisville that are taking this serious.... I'm with the person with that don't ever move there note to self.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Orrr.. No.
At 40 I still play.
Give Nintendo to kids.

You tell him!! My Dad still plays at 56. Guess where his grandkids prefer to be?!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join