It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Purge" ...Louisville KY real life version - Friday Aug 15 2014 8pm to 6:30am

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: govmule

I gotta say...it does sound like a total psyop.

Or teen prank.

Whichever...same result, people gone kerazy.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
How secure are your scanner apps?

They tell you how many people are listening? then your own scanner app must be reporting back to a server somewhere that YOU are listening!

How much info is sent back to the server?
Who gets that info?

Just wondering

link   
a reply to: Britster1821

Thats from the film.
lol people, what the hell

link   

Seems to me there have been quite a number of calls involving groups of people in either white shirts/towels/paint around their face/heads along with a number of references to "The Purge".

For those that haven't seen the movie: The Purge (2013) (IMDb)

The Purge: Anarchy (2014)

link   

originally posted by: Britster1821
a reply to: DrMescalito

Sorry for all of the quoted replies. My reply button seems to be missing.

But has anyone seen Twitter yet? This seems to be a top pic. I've only seen the first movie, so I don't know if this is real or from the movie.

twitter.com...

about 6 photo's down

www.joblo.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Reverse image search told me it was from the movie lol

link   
Guys, Louisville is not the only city. So far, we have found Purges in Kansas City(for tonight, they are saying stay away from westport, downtown and the plaza), Detroit, Jacksonville, San Fransisco Bay area (has two scheduled)

but with information about certain cities on it. The Detroit one says that it will take place on Friday, or today, from 12 p.m. through Saturday at 6 a.m.

Another poster claims that a purge will take place on August 25 and August 30, both from 12 a.m. through 6 a.m.

Rumors are also circulating about purges happening in Cleveland, Ohio and Kansas City, Missouri.

Law enforcement officials in both places have stayed silent, but police in other areas are taking the threat seriously.

“We’re going to take any threat that we receive seriously, particularly one that encourages and incites violence against our community,” Louisville Metro Police Department Sergeant and spokesman Phil Russell told local broadcaster Wave3.
L ink

The dates are coming out on Tumbler and other social media sites... go look for yourselves.

Another Link

link   
All right its back on!

Bing Bing Bing...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure those roads listed in that tweet don't connect to each other. I haven't seen the movie either but that's not real, or not from this at least.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

lol no thats not a real pic lol i used to live in that town, there is no hurstbourne and 9th lol i used to live on hurstbourne lol

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Ok good!

Thank you all for pointing that out. I'd rather look dumb for a minute than know that that is actually happening.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Well your phone company gets paid to give your info. Most places sell data about you.

This is looking more like a hoax. But even if it is, they have your info now!

edit on 15-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

From the developers site:

Why does the app need a certain permission?

Gordon EdwardsJune 17, 2014 01:28

Below is an explanation of why versions permission are required:

The Location permission is required so that the app can determine what scanners are located in your area when you click on "Near Me". When you click on "Near Me" the app first attempts to determine your location via the network, if that fails the app then tries to determine your location via GPS.

The Photos/Media/Files permission is required in order for the app to support the ability for you to record the audio you're hearing and be able to save it to a location that you can access from your computer (requires Scanner Radio Pro to be installed or for you to be using Scanner Radio Pro).

The Wi-Fi connection information permission is needed so that the app can determine whether or not Wi-Fi is enabled and whether the app is currently using that connection.  This functionality is used to allow you to restrict scanner listening to only when you're on Wi-Fi.

The Device ID & call information permission is needed by the app so that it can detect when you're placing a phone call (or when one is being received) so that it can automatically stop the streaming of the audio to prevent it from interfering with the call.

Taken from: Developers F.A.Qs

edit on 8/15/2014 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Fake pic.

You know what...I can see this changing Twitter even more than bullying is about to:

nymag.com...

couple that with this insanity? Yeah, expect to see some big changes.

Makes you wonder who is really behind it, since Twitter was such a powerful force in Ferguson, in Egypt, etc...
edit on 8/15/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
I remember prank phone calls as a kid, we would call a random number and ask "is your refrigerator running?" If they said "yes" we would tell them "you better go catch it" then we would hang up. It was a rotary phone. Times have changed perhaps lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Homicide reported, and now calling in everybody?

And now 61000
edit on 15-8-2014 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Some of these officers need to remove the hand mic from their mouths before they key up and speak.
"waffle waffle 236 bullfrog waffle twisty squeeze"

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It's all fun and games until a prankster gets shot.
This generation of kids are so effed up.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Or the app does it on purpose.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

I heard that too! And a teenage girl that was seen jumping out of a car!

Wild.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join