It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About time We bomb the IS back to hell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: CryonicAngel
a reply to: crazyewok
Well worked fine on Hitler and the nazis...

And how many innocent Germans were killed while we were bombing the Nazis? When you just bomb the heck out of a place hoping to kill the terrorist you just create more members for the terrorist. You may as well pay for a membership drive for them.

Yeah the bombing of Dresden is a perfect example... Germany surrenders and the Allied forces continue bombing woman and children.
edit on 15-8-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

USA and UK dont forget the RAF USA didnt ein world war 2 on its own, nor did it commit its allied war crimes on its own either. Credit were credits due......even if its bad credit.
edit on 15-8-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: DarknStormy

USA and UK dont forget the RAF USA didnt ein world war 2 on its own, nor did it commit its allied war crimes on its own either. Credit were credits due......even if its bad credit.

Changed...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
So future scenario could then be, IS controlling most of Iraq and then they will have the capability to take down Assads regime.
Sivilians casulties will be MINIMAL with the technology US, Nato can produce. Doing nothing, and the world will be witness to the biggets ethnic cleansing since WW2.
There will always be casualties in wars...Some wars are nessesary, and I truly belive this is one of them.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CryonicAngel

I can see that ISIS are an evil group but why do people ignore how this group was formed? Without the weapons and funding coming from the West and M-Eastern Gulf States Assad could of dealt with these monkeys on his own or at the very least the Iraqi army would of stood up to them in Iraq.

Where was the outcry when the CIA and Saudi Arabia were sending these idiots in Syria? What, we actually care now because the plan has backfired? ISIS are a creation of the West and their affiliates in the Middle East, do we call the West and their affiliates Evil also? What are we going to do if ISIS are defeated and the next boogieman enter the scene? Wait for them to commit massacres after being raised to the international scene by our intelligence agencies once again?

We are just running around in circles. Nothing is going to be solved until the root of this problem is uprooted and the sad news is this problem starts in the West.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's not up to individual nations to unilaterally bomb-or-air attack a group of zealots that are conducting 'genocide' on minorities...or endangering 'assets' of the nations that are in danger of take-over or destruction...

that kind of Action is what the UN peacekeepers are for

ISIS might be described as an invading Army....attacking a legal, democratically installed government...
the insurgents are not much more than lawless anarchists towards an established government/society

the excuse that the Jihadists are justified under Islam/Jihad/Sharia is no righteous justification for lawlessness to the other 95% of the global community value system...
Islam is just another value system among a handful of religious oriented bodies of behavior

If the Jihadists are completely 'right'... why do they wear hooded masks to protect them from facial recognition...

here's a news flash for the murderers'... eye ball IDs are achievable (from those cell phone pics) and will probably be used in prosecutions of detained suspects/criminals in the not too distant future
edit on th31140815138715092014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

First you should look up the true meaning of "Anarchist". ISIS are not a very good definition when they are trying to impose their beliefs on other people...

2nd, They have no legitimate claim through the teachings of Islam.. They are actually warned about as disbeliever's/Kfir.

They are just a bunch of Bastard Children.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

"After some of the most disturbing videos and pictures"

Do you mean you're basing your entire view purely on emotion and the news? Why not just stop watching the news?

Bomb them back to hell? Are you listening to yourself? Does any part of what you say contain a single element of logic?

You are proof that higher powers can manipulate your thoughts and beliefs and tell you what to think. Jump off a cliff? Well, that's easy for CryonicAngel, just tell him which one.

Put that aside for one second, if the US spent the best part of a decade over there, why would they need to go back and simply "bomb them back to hell?"

Either:
A) They never did their job properly; or
B) Them being there didn't, and will never work. So why send them back again? This goes back to your view being pure emotion, and no logic.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Don't stoop to their level.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: CryonicAngel
a reply to: crazyewok
So my same question goes to you, sir. What/How do you propose to handle ISIS/IS?

Very delicatley.

Not going in bomb crazy and makeing the situation worse,

Im not sure if it can even be fixed to be honnest.

But going in like a bull in a china shop and going bomb crazy is not the way to go! In fact id go as far to say its why we are in this mess in the first place!

If bombing and heavly milirary action created the problem or at least contributed to it then how can you logicaly think more of the same will fix it?

Please explain how it could get any worse? When I see children holding heads from recently beheaded people who carry different religious values is, in my opinion, living hell... So, if this is living hell over there I don't see how things could get much worse... If bombs are dropped will there be some collateral damage? Likely, but I treat that MUCH better than allowing ISIS to run free throughout the ME causing pain and suffering to all around...

Let me put it this way, I live here in Chicago. If there was a group of radicals in my town or a town over moving through killing everyone, I would WELCOME bombs to rain down on these folks in my own back yard.. If I die, I die, but I'm sure I was going to be killed regardless if these psycho radicals showed up at my door step...

I will take a drone bombing (from collateral damage) over being beheaded any day....

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
won't be necessary. the IS is a Pewter Dragon and will be broken into pieces without the crude weaponry of a nation-state.

the biggest problem for some at present is the emergence of truly new powers which cannot be controlled by obsolete institutions.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I do agree that ISIS should be stopped, but good luck,-it will be like killing wasps close to a wasps nest. For every wasp you smack, 10 more is coming out of the nest.
What held the islamists back before were hard-core military dictatorships oriented towards the west. Then, when these guys became a problem for the U.S. government the opposition got funded and trained by the U.S. -We can see the result today in the shape of ISIS and others. Now when the dicators are gone ISIS and other islamic groups are unstoppable, not to mention that some of those guys even live in western countries, so fighting them will be a war on two fronts. One front in muslim countries and one at home. -Good luck.

edit on 17-8-2014 by emtor because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join