It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Gov. Perry indicted ...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Flash Mob Update.

Sometimes it seems like there isn’t a single political issue that a Soros-funded group isn’t involved in. Texans for Public Justice, one of the groups behind Rick Perry’s indictment charges, is part of a “progressive” coalition that has received $500,000 from liberal billionaire George Soros.

Group Behind Perry’s Indictment Got $500K from Soros

Now the NGO's are involved.

They must be real worried about Perry's immigration stances.

Progressives.are.Desperate

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
flush both the turds and stop arguing over which one you prefer to smell

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Bit why would Rick Perry do this?

To prove he's still with the good ol' republican boys. In texas, a dwi/dui is considered a class c misdemeanor. Assuming this is Lehmberg first one, she did her time albeit her actions at the police station. She is also a Democrat, and her post public integrity unit, deals with investigative journalism. To me this sounds more like Rick and his buddies are doing this because they may have something to hide.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

No, at the time of her arrest, when we had all seen the videos on the news there was a major public outcry for her to step down, she refused which stunned us all, except for the most staunch Dems. They saw it like a chess game but sorry, she really has a problem, forget the game, she is not fit for her position, no doubt, case closed. The Dems chose the wrong person for that position.

Which btw is supposed to be based on the motto, "Justice is Blind" not politics. Sorry, she also took it to mean blind drunk and being on 620 and fm2222 drunk on vodka is a death wish. She easily could've killed people. And the "Have you called Greg?" to get her off without due process is proof of her corruption.

So yes, she should've resigned the next morning or taken a lower position to keep her pension, but the state Dems propped her up and denied all and said it was just the republicans going after them, sad really, pathetic more accurately.

If the republicans got any benefit like choosing her replacement, well that was just a bonus. The WHOLE COUNTY wanted her to step down except for the Dem strategists.

I wish I could play back the call ins from KLBJ AM's afternoon show with Jeff Ward (KLBJ is the major radio station here and has won numerous awards for accurate reporting) from that time, or the morning show on KLBJ, or the local news interviews or the blogs or, etc, etc, etc. EVERYONE wanted her to step down and Perry responded to public DEMAND.

STM

Note: I'm an independent, but I expect my Gov to respond to public demand, which he did.
edit on 18-8-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Just imagine what would have happened to Rick Perry had he been the one with the DWI

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

He wouldn't have been so full of himself that he would attempt to drive 620 and fm2222, cliffs, winding roads, horrible conditions. I know many people that sober refuse to drive those roads at night, we all avoid them. And as far as I know I've never heard of our Gov drinking more than a couple of beers and he's not driving.

STM

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

george bush was arrested for a dui
laura bush killed a guy while driving (she ran a stop sign ...wooops)..... they conveniently decided to not test for alcohol

edit on 18-8-2014 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
Just imagine what would have happened to Rick Perry had he been the one with the DWI

he would be made president?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Why is she entitled to such special privileges?

State trooper resigns after arrest on DWI charge in Brunswick County

link

Austin police officer fired after DWI arrest

link

DSS supervisor fired following DWI arrest

link

I could add more but I would be here all night.

edit on 18-8-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: sirhumperdink

What year was that? I've noticed that with every decade of my life I can look back and I think, "Wow, it was a whole different world then." So many things that were acceptable then are not now. We know that drunk driving kills and driving in that condition is not an option NOW, though it was then, it was just a wink, a nod, okay, leave your car and I'll drive you home (the officer would say that). That's how we're improving, the laws are clearer in some directions, we still have a long way to go . . .

STM

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

That was in 1976. He was 30 years old and didn't hold a public position.

I fail to see how either Bush has anything to do with this.

Got any info on George Washington

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I agree, the DA demanding that "Greg, the Travis Co. Sheriff be called was WAY out of line. She was at that point not Dem, not Republican, she was Idk, rabid maybe?

STM

Note: We do have a large bat colony in Austin that carry rabies, perhaps she took the tour.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

at the time he didnt
but would you vote someone into office who displayed such poor decision making skills?

youre saying shes should resign after that but are perfectly ok with someone doing the same thing getting elected to the most powerful office in the country?

guess it doesnt matter because it was back in the good ole days that so many pine for (the time period in which the foundation for our current political climate was formed is completely irrelevant youre right)
edit on 18-8-2014 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Edit...

Would you want someone holding a current position who displayed such poor decision making skills?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirhumperdink

at the time he didnt
but would you vote someone into office who displayed such poor decision making skills?

youre saying shes should resign after that but are perfectly ok with someone doing the same thing getting elected to the most powerful office in the country?

guess it doesnt matter because it was back in the good ole days that so many pine for (the time period in which the foundation for our current political climate was formed is completely irrelevant youre right)

Okay, rolling up the sleeves here, let's do it. This DA day in and day out handles DUIs, DWIs 24/7. She is up on current laws and what is expected. She is a licensed attorney which has ethics courses that she must attend either in person or via live streaming every year. She is reminded constantly that she is an officer of the court. One infraction and she will lose her whole livelihood. She knows that. Period. ALL attorneys do.

For her to throw it out the window tells me she needed help a long time ago. As a matter of fact I would if I were the Gov's attorney look at her cases for the past couple of years. She's lost it, face it, deal with it.

She's not a chess piece for your political game, she's got a problem . . . I hope she finds a good Dr to help her, don't consider her a Dem or anything, she's spent too many years under too much stress. Most attorneys change careers after 15 to 20 years in the field. She should've stepped out a few years ago.

Perry was right to try to force her out of her office. She had a major problem, she was mental (way too much stress over the years) and her decision making abilities were nada. He knew strategists were telling her what to do and that she without her mental facilities was not right for the position. No doubt about it. The PUBLIC reinforced this decision and not just conservatives, it was everyone. He made the right call.

STM

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

George Bush Jr. Arrested for DUI in 1976. Became President in 2000, 24 years later.

Rosemary Lehmberg. Arrested, convicted, and jailed for DUI in 2013. WHILE she was in office.

Big difference, don'tcha think?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

no i wouldnt
but im not defending her now am i? i would be more than happy if she did resign (just pointing out the hypocrisy that seems to be your bread and butter)

rabble rabble rabble
RABBLE RABBLE
......rabble

TEXAS4LYFE!
edit on 19-8-2014 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet

That was in 1976. He was 30 years old and didn't hold a public position.

I fail to see how either Bush has anything to do with this.

Got any info on George Washington

It's called the Bush defense. It is alive and well whenever any democrat is caught doing something wrong which happens to be a lot lately, Bush is brought out like some little kid saying "see, see, he did it to".

Love the GW reference. lol

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Texas is a red state with a history of republican rule. Its there laws they have created. Has Perry overstepped his authority? It seems the people of Texas say yes. Does perry have the authority to relieve the D.A.? Apparently he does not.

Actually, depending on who gets to gerrymander, Texas swings both ways

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been said in this thread yet, but it should be noted that the Grand Jury that handed out the indictment came from Travis County, not the entirety of the state. Travis County is notoriously "blue" in the realm of party divide and thus- likely had more left leaning members in the Grand Jury.

If this were to reflect The People Of Texas as I've seen capitalized several times in the earlier pages, you'd find that there's a good majority that still like Governor Good Hair in Texas.

I don't care for him either way, but this sudden indictment does seem more politically motivated than it does come across as the Texas Judicial system being diligent in it's work. imo.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join