It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney: Dorian Johnson confirms he was with Brown at store robbery

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Unwitting Witness Pokes Holes In Michael Brown Shooting Story

A man who claimed to have witnessed the fatal police shooting of Michael Brown said that he saw the 18-year-old doubling back towards the officer who shot him – a claim that counters most other witnesses’ rendition of the incident.

The man’s account was captured in the background of a video uploaded to Youtube. The blog The Conservative Treehouse first discovered the background chatter.

“How’d he get from there to here?” a bystander asked a man who claimed to have seen Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson shoot Brown.

“Because he ran,” said the witness.

“Police was still in the truck,” he described.

“Why his body come this way though?” the other man asked.

“He was like, over the truck, [garbled] so then he ran. Police got out, and ran after he him,” said the witness.

After running, the witness said that Brown stopped and turned back around.

“Next thing I know he’s coming back towards the police. The police had his gun drawn on him,” the witness said.

“Police kept dumping on him, I’m thinking that the police missed him,” he continued, saying that he heard “at least five shots” and saying that “police are…this far from him.”

The “JJ Witness Video” – Eye Witness Audio of Mike Brown Shooting States: “Brown Doubled Back Toward POlice”…

#1 How’d he get from there to there?

#2 Because he ran, the police was still in the truck – cause he was like over the truck

[crosstalk]

#2 But him and the police was both in the truck, then he ran – the police got out and ran after him

[crosstalk]

#2 Then the next thing I know he coming back toward him cus - the police had his gun drawn already on him –

#1. Oh, the police got his gun

#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him

[crosstalk]

#2 Police fired shots – the next thing I know – the police was missing

#1 The Police?

#2 The Police shot him

#1 Police?

#2 The next thing I know … I’m thinking … the dude started running … (garbled something about “he took it from him”)

Additionally, this eye witness account clarifies other issues and disputes the “shot in back narrative”. The police vehicle was positioned “screen view left” – Mike Brown’s body is positioned head toward police vehicle. This would also corroborate both the Officer (as told to his friend) and this witness account of what transpired.

Click links for remainder of both articles.

Here is the video in question -

edit on 17-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Tear gas, riot gear return on ninth night of Ferguson protests

On Sunday, the ninth night of protests and the second night of a mandatory curfew imposed by Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon, protests in Ferguson have again turned chaotic and dangerous. Police have fired tear gas into a crowd of protesters, hitting at least one child, according to reporters at the scene.

— St. Louis County Police Department tweeted a warning shortly before the tear gas began:

— And then police in riot gear moved in, ordering everyone to go home well before the 12 a.m. curfew.

— Some reporters pointed out the situation is total chaos.

— A later report of gunshots (around 10:30 local time) were later clarified by police to be fireworks.

— Some reporters said they were briefly arrested by Missouri Highway Patrol Captain Ron Johnson, who's in charge of security in Ferguson.

— Reporters pointed out that it's very difficult to report what's going on, because police are threatening journalists and pushing them into specific areas.

Boston Globe reporter RT @akjohnson1922: Cop just told photog to "back the # up or ill shot."”

— Some reporters said they were briefly arrested by Missouri Highway Patrol Captain Ron Johnson, who's in charge of security in Ferguson.

— Reporters pointed out that it's very difficult to report what's going on, because police are threatening journalists and pushing them into specific areas.

Being a journalist does not mean you are exempt from the law.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Just saw on the news. Preliminary autopsy report shows 6 gunshot wounds to Brown's body. ALL to the front.

Blows the witness statements out the window about an innocent child being shot in the back, and adds credence that he may very well have been charging back at the police in an aggressive manner, per the new witness video.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 2ndthought

Not necessarily...

Its entirely possible that he was surrendering when his arms were coming up.
Its also entirely possible he was raising his hands in anticipation of going hands on with the officer.

What we need now is what occurred from contact to the shooting. What happened in that time frame that resulted in the officer perceiving him as a deadly threat.

Like I said before, it entirely possible for people to all observe the same incident and yet perceive it in a completely different manner.

With that said you are correct in that the info doesn't support some of the witness statements.

edit on 18-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
There are two sides to every story, and I'm not surprised that Brown did in fact rob the store. However he was unarmed and shot six times - with two shots in the top of his head. How do you shoot someone in the top of the head unless they are on their knees, pleading for their life? That's an execution, not self-defense.

As far as I'm concerned, the cop is a murderer.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'd just like to know why we give them a radio, self-defense training, pepper spray, batons, and tasers only so they can shoot us?
Who cares if Brown was coming at the LEO, they're trained for situations like this. It's literally their job to deal with the aggressive public. If you can't handle it, you're in the wrong industry.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: kosmicjack

The other possibility being ignored is the 2 who committed the crime may very well have thought the police contact was in regards to the strong arm robbery and not walking in the middle of the street.

I will wager they attacked and tried to kill the cop because they thought he was looking at them for the robbery.

Exactly.....this boy was assuming, I am sure, that he was being stopped for the CRIME he committed. Though I do not think the cop should have used deadly force, what people need to get past is the color of the victim. Whites, Hispanics, Asians....people of ALL colors have been wrongly abused by the police. What is offensive to ME about THIS case in MO is how poorly the community is responding....using RACE as the issue and not simply focusing on the use of force...in this case DEADLY force....in response to a NON-DEADLY situation.

I TRULY believe a revolution is brewing.....and I also believe that TPTB want the focus to be on "superficial" things like RACE instead of the REAL issue...and that's the slow stripping of our constitutional rights in this country...the NEW AMERIKA IS HERE, Ya'll......
edit on 8/18/2014 by Cornczech because: because my arthritic fingers miss the keys sometimes

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Let it be noted that Johnson informed the FBI of this in his initial interview and that he denies any part in the theft which is substantiated by the video and lack of charges.

My question is..

FPD would have us believe Wilson realized they were suspects mid-encounter..but, following the shooting - Johnson wasn't arrested..

Why? No one had reviewed the video yet...as far as they supposedly knew, he was still a suspect or, at least an accomplice, accessory.

It's still not making sense. It seems like an unrelated incident, exposed in Johnson's original FBI statement. - is now being used as justification.

It explains why Brown would over react when he encountered the police. Because of his previous criminal activity he thought he was a robbery suspect. The police had no idea. From the eyewitness observations he charged the police before being shot six times...in the front. None in the back, no matter how many autopsies Holder orders.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This might or might not sort itself out, but one thing is glaring.... That is the Black on White and White on Black hatred being displayed and spilling over. Voluminous hatred for blacks by whites in nearly every article relating to the Ferguson incident. Frustrated and raging, angry blacks combatting their perceived antagonists.
Is this the America we want to give our children ? There is a climate present, one of division and suspicion, seeming led by provocateurs. Is this not similar to the strife and massacres now going on in Iraq between different Ethnic groups, along with ISSI mass killings. Has the entire world descended into decay, hate and oblivion ?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

My question is..

FPD would have us believe Wilson realized they were suspects mid-encounter..but, following the shooting - Johnson wasn't arrested..

Why? No one had reviewed the video yet...as far as they supposedly knew, he was still a suspect or, at least an accomplice, accessory.

It's still not making sense. It seems like an unrelated incident, exposed in Johnson's original FBI statement. - is now being used as justification.

Correct. The Local Sheriff released the video to the press at the same time he released the name of the officer involved in the shooting.

At that time, the press pointedly questioned him and he admitted that the stop that the police officer made with Johnson was entirely unrelated to convenience store robbery and they were unaware of the footage at the time of the stop.

So, to be crystal clear amidst the spin...According to the police themselves...the alleged convenience store robbery video had NOTHING to do with the stop/encounter that led to the Police Office shooting Michael Brown 6 times.

I believe Michael Brown was stopped for walking in the street vs. sidewalk.

If this boy had stolen the cigars and then been hit by a drunk driver, would we consider his prior actions as a defense for the drunk driver?

It is a bad spin strategy by local police to muddy two separate events as if they are one continuum and smear a dead victim IMO.

In the most favorable light, the argument the police are making is that it is OK for them to shoot someone without explanation as long as they can find something in his recent past that is unfavorable.

They are hoping people are too ignorant to realize the FULL DISCONNECT between these two events.
edit on 18-8-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Here's some fuel for the fire:

www.youtube.com...

This video allegedly shows Michael Brown paying for the box of cigars that he supposedly stole.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

45 seconds edited out of a full 4 minute video.

I suggest you watch the full video. Its been posted above or one page back.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thanks, will do. In any case, I don't believe it's really relevant to what followed and is just a glaring case of misdirection and obfuscation. I only posted that video since the police decided to make the alleged theft an issue, while also stating it had nothing to do with anything while presenting it to the media.

www.newsweek.com...
edit on 18-8-2014 by Orwells Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

Not if the guy thought the cop was contacting him about the robbery.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

That's a fair point, but still doesn't account for the police officer's thought process. We'll just have to wait for the facts to prevent themselves. It's quite frustrating to think that all this might have been avoided with a simple dash cam in that police cruiser.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orwells Ghost

That's a fair point, but still doesn't account for the police officer's thought process. We'll just have to wait for the facts to prevent themselves. It's quite frustrating to think that all this might have been avoided with a simple dash cam in that police cruiser.

Or the person charging the cop.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
There are two sides to every story, and I'm not surprised that Brown did in fact rob the store. However he was unarmed and shot six times - with two shots in the top of his head. How do you shoot someone in the top of the head unless they are on their knees, pleading for their life? That's an execution, not self-defense.

As far as I'm concerned, the cop is a murderer.

As a talker said this morning, you are lowering your head as you charge someone headfirst. That's a possibility too.

There is still too much we just don't know, but as a suspected when all this started. It is far more complicated than cop shot unarmed teen, ergo, cop did it on purpose just 'cause.

However, some people just don't maintain a sense of perspective or patience.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

What happened at the store is tangentially relevant in this case, at least to a good attorney...Brown committed a crime and then encountered the Officer. It can be argued to show his mindset, his potential for violence, etc.

BUT...it doesn't preclude Brown's civil rights. Officers have to account for their actions.

We just don't have enough information yet.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Exactly, the danger is that they feel they need to appease people and go after the officer on a charge they can't make stick like they did with Zimmerman. I think had they gone after Zimmerman on a manslaughter charge instead of murder, they would have been able to make it stick. I think the facts of the case supported that to me, but I don't think they supported murder. However, the political pressure was on to go for murder, and now no one is happy and I'm not sure full justice was done.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Totally agreed.

Both Wilson and Brown could have and likely did contribute to this unfortunate incident, poor judgment by both.

BUT... I think that the Ferguson Police Department's reputation for corruption, poor procedures, lack of transparency and horrible public relations has totally screwed this poor Officer. For instance the video of so many LEOs just standing around dumbfounded (of course Wilson had the right to be dumbfounded but not everyone else), the body being left in the street for so long and the Police Chief's appalling tactics. As worrisome as it may have been, there was no reason not to release the officer's name, he is a public servant and it was going to come out regardless.

I really hope he gets the best legal aid possible and, if he has a case - sues the hell out of the FPD for something. LOL!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join