It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best P2P progam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hey all,
whats the best P2P music program out there? I use Shareza right now but want to know if there is anything better. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Shareaza connects to just about every P2P network as it is, it would be a waste to get any others.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
DC++
Bittorrent
IRC

Those are what I use. Perfect for all the newest stuff and good quality TV-rips etc. However, the STORE is the right place to go if you like what you download. Especially if it's music

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ares used to work great for me, but lately it's been SUPER slow....I'm thinking about switching to something else myself...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
www.warez.com...

works well for me...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I use..

Kazaa lite
www.ircspy.com (to search for files, mIRC to download them.)
Bit torrent (www.suprnova.org)

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
IRC is one of the best way to attain your illegal copies of songs. RIAA are watching IRC but I don't think they could do much to you if you spoofed your ip or use a bnc. However, finding the right server is the disadvantage to IRC downloading. I recommend efnet for hip-hop and for metal lovers, phazenet's a great place to get rare mp3 of your favorite bands.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
www.warez.com...

works well for me...

Yes that one is good but be carefull with the start page hijacker.
limewire is also good.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Yes that one is good but be carefull with the start page hijacker.
limewire is also good.

I disagree about limewire. Limewire causes lots of .dll problems on your comp after awhile.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Winmx works for me......

www.winmx.com

RIAA hasn't gotten on me yet.....

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PerfektLie

I disagree about limewire. Limewire causes lots of .dll problems on your comp after awhile.

Well perhaps you have some incompability issues with other programs in your computer, sometime it happens.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ya know...Shareaza connects to Gnutella (old napster, Limewire, Bearshare) Gnutella 2 (Morpheus) BT, eMule, eDonkey and FasTrack (Kazaa). No need for the rest of the programs, just a waste.

[edit on 17-12-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Ya know...Shareaza connects to Gnutella (old napster, Limewire, Bearshare) Gnutella 2 (Morpheus) BT, eMule, eDonkey and FasTrack (Kazaa).

Just curious, where did u saw it connect to FastTrack? Thought it was only the 2 gnutella networks, eDonkey (eMule is the same network) and BitTorrent.

But yeah, Shareaza rocks! Open-source baby !

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Im not sure about FastTrack on the newest versions, but it used to. I dont use Shareaza much anymore. But its the best way to connect to the high quality networks.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I use bearshare, its very fast and I havent had any problems with RIAA or fake files.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Shareaza connects to just about every P2P network as it is, it would be a waste to get any others.

I would have to agree, unequivocably. Shareaza is, by far the best p2p file sharing program out there right now. Of course, this could change. At one time I swore by Kazaa lite ++, but, for all intents and purposes, Shareaza rules. No adware, spyware or ridiculous rankings. It has an nice, intuitive interface and I've had few connectivity problems. As dreamlandmafia clearly stated..."it would be a waste to get any others."

new topics

top topics

join