It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad predicted ISIS in 2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
a reply to: MrSpad
Hi MrSpad. Hmm, this whole situation is ridiculously complicated I don't know what to believe anymore.
You say ISIS had a truce with Assad. But i find that hard to beleive. When was this? Everything I've come across so far in my research indicates Assad was completely opposed to all the "gangs & terrorrists" as he referred to them being in his country. ...

How about this. ISIS was responsible for instigation of the FSA in the first place.

It was not a formal truce as far as anybody knows it was simply ISIS avoided attacking Assads forces and Assad avoided attacking ISIS. This went on from when the radicals and the FSA began openly fighting until last month when ISIS finally whent back to hitting Assads forces. Until that time the Kurds were very vocal that Assad must be supporting ISIS because they were the only people not fighting each other. That theory went away when ISIS moved on Assads forces. And ISIS had nothing to with the FSA, they roled in from Iraq to try and take advantage of the situation along with other radical groups. They fought Assad at first and while there were clashes with the FSA they were able to keep it from blowing up do to common cause. However, in towns liberated from Assad the radicals and the FSA had very different ideas about how things should be run and knowing both sides were planning on taking each other out after Assad fell the fighting became full on combat. Later some of the radicals would break from ISIS and begin fighting them as well as everybody else. And Assad has no problem with gangs or terrorists as long as they are on his side like Hezbollah and Lebanese miltias who do the bulk of his fighting for him along with Iran because most of his own forces can not be trusted.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Assad predicted ISIS in 2011]

Yeah, he likely seen the potential for a strong warlord to fashion an Army from among all the various splinter groups of radical Jihadists...

But did he actually predict or anticipate the birth of a Caliphate & Caliph (on 29 June '14 & 4 July '14 respectively)
I don't think so...

the consolidated factions of radical-Islam have rallied under Caliph Ibrahim and this will grow in power & lands & peoples for the next 2 decades in this end-times era (imho)

ISIL-ISIS-IS=Caliphate morphed into existence right under the noses of the West and the Arabian Peninsula & Gulf States and has even taken them, the former puppet masters, by surprise

see my signature lines below

& figure what's coming next...the world now has a Caliphate who can compel Muslims in China, Russia, India, Malaysia, Indonesia to come to Iraq-Syria and join in the militaristic Jihad to establish the Caliphate as the regions hegemon to take over North Africa and the Arabian Peninsula totally
edit on th31140819814616092014 by St Udio because: spell ck

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Wow so what we have here is a 4 way war going on... That must be devastating for the locals.
Assad military vs FSA vs ISIS vs Kurd Military .. And now NATO are stepping in....

edit on 16-8-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio
Yeah, I agree, it could happen... Here in the UK as shown on a BBC radio repor investigation last night a lot of Muslim agree with the caliphate / ISIS.. There were some really moving moments. One with a Syrian atheist who was just worried and sad and said he just wants to be friends with everyone...
I've been amongst Muslims for a long time. My best friend in primary school was a Pakistani Muslim.. From a high / royal family and he had quite an extreme outlook even then.. Like he would never feel at home here in his lifetime, which worried me alot because I really felt at home here and it was almost as if he was philisophically opposed to opening his heart to this place.. Throughout my life the more Muslims I met who were from here the more I found his attitude embedded in others hearts, not all Muslims, but particularly the young ones who were born and raised here in a particular way.... On the radio last night someone of this demographic spoke from his heart about the feeling I described in the context of the caliphate and it just clicked...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join