It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Police Chief Admits Officer Was Not Aware Of Robbery

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
Ex

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
WOW!!!
That's more frightening news!
Police don't have to answer to anyone? Seems the people of Ferguson might think they do, as in the FBI and Federal laws!
a reply to: Libertygal

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Ferguson Police chief states quite clearly that Officer Wilson DID NOT KNOW THAT Brown had "stolen cigars." Check.

These are UNDISPUTED FACTS.

Would you also agree it's a fact that Brown and Johnson knew THEY had just jacked-up a convenience store and clerk some 15 minutes earlier?

Brown clearly was capable of violence.

I doubt the thought had not crossed either person's mind that the reason the LEO stopped them was for Brown's earlier actions.

Those facts change much, in my view.

It isn't so cut and dry anymore.

I think we have to wait for the autopsy report.
edit on 15-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Ferguson Police chief states quite clearly that Officer Wilson DID NOT KNOW THAT Brown had "stolen cigars." Check.

These are UNDISPUTED FACTS.

Would you also agree it's a fact the Brown and Johnson knew THEY had just jacked-up a convenience store and clerk some 15 minutes earlier?

Brown clearly was capable of violence.

I doubt the thought had not crossed either person's mind that the reason the LEO stopped them was for Brown's earlier actions.

Those facts change much, in my view.

It isn't so cut and dry anymore.

I think we have to wait for the autopsy report.

Same question I asked of Libertygal — what about the statements of witnesses Tiffany Mitchell and Piaget Crenshaw (linked a few posts back)? Listen for yourself and tell me if they sound credible and if what they are describing doesn't sound like murder.

EDIT:

Actually, I'll save everyone the trouble. Here's both of them on CNN a few days ago:

edit on 2014-8-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

Ex

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Or the policecar video, where is that anyway?
a reply to: loam

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Was a murder, the police man committed murder.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The cop was injured. FACT. This is the most damning, and truly, the center of the entire case.

Once a hand was laid on the cop, it doesn't matter why he stopped. He could have stopped to say "Happy Cat Day!"

None of it makes any difference, up, and until, the cop was hit in the face, and a struggle ensued over his weapon.

What part of this, again, are people not grasping?!

www.moga.mo.gov...

Use of force in defense of persons.

563.031. 1. A person may, subject to the
provisions of subsection 2 of this section, use
physical force upon another person when and to
the extent he or she reasonably believes such
force to be necessary to defend himself or herself
or a third person from what he or she reasonably
believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful
force by such other person, unless:

(b) He or she is a law enforcement officer and as such is an aggressor pursuant to section 563.046; or

(3) The actor was attempting to commit,
committing, or escaping after the commission of a
forcible felony.

2. A person may not use deadly force upon
another person under the circumstances specified
in subsection 1 of this section unless:

(1) He or she reasonably believes that such deadly force is necessary to protect himself, or herself or her unborn child, or another against death, serious physical injury, or any forcible felony;

So. To lay this out simply.

Michael Brown attacks cop. A struggle ensues over the weapon. This is FACT, already borne out by witness testimony, and the police statement that the officer had sustained injuries and was taken to, and admitted to the hospital.

Instead of all of these emo responses, people should spend some time reading the law.

Michael committed a felony when he hit the cop. Now, re-READ the above, and try to gain some understanding.

He committed a felony. By law, deadly force was allowed in Mo.

No one can attest to that cops state of mind but himself, but by law, he had every right to defend himself.

I can't wait till the photo's come out, and people start whining, "It doesn't look THAT bad."

Yeah, but how would that cop look if Michael got his gun? Cold, blue, and dead, is how.

You think Michael wanted to play hopscotch with the Happy Cat Day cop?

What happned to ATS, when people could discuss things without all the absurd LOL! Spit spit! Roflcopter carp.

What a sad thing, truly.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ex
Or the policecar video, where is that anyway?
a reply to: loam

There is no dashcams in the Ferguson police cars.

They do not have them.

Even if they did, which they did not, it wouldn't matter, as the confrontation took place beside, and behind, the car.

*bangs head on desk*

Do any of you have reasoning capability? Seriously, how would a dash cam, if they HAD THEM, work, BEHIND the car?!

/ludicrousity indeed. Yes, indeed.

Ex

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
A young unarmedman is DEAD!
I just read through some of your past threads and posts and:
I will defend your right to say anything,
I sure will not be giving them ANY weight!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I read reports of witness video of the shooting that was confiscated on the scene by police. Since they claim no dash cam, they need to be compelled to release witness video and photos taken.

And where is the autopsy?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

The autopsy has been done. This is not the Sunshine State, no Sunshine laws. You won't get anything but a rudimentary report, which has already been given.

Go google it.

Ex

link   
Double post..sry

edit on 8/15/2014 by Ex because: (no reason given)

Ex

link   
Ps
Ferguson pd has military class weaponery and NO
sqad car video cams...hmmmm
a reply to: Ex

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

A young unarmedman is DEAD!
I just read through some of your past threads and posts and:
I will defend your right to say anything,
I sure will not be giving them ANY weight!

Oh, that's grand.
When confronted with facts, attack the poster.

Thanks for testifying how you you operate for all of ATS.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

How did he withhold evidence? They didn't even bother questioning him until later. Don't you think he would be arrested/charged if any of what you claim was true? Even if only to support their ever-changing story?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

WOW!!!
That's more frightening news!
Police don't have to answer to anyone? Seems the people of Ferguson might think they do, as in the FBI and Federal laws!

Wtf. Who said they don't have to answer to anyone? It simply means you have to wait until court, like in every other state except Florida.

The problem with this case is, people want instant gratification. It's not going to happen.

If this goes to trial, brace yourself, it might take one to two years. Omgz! What will people do?!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

How did he withhold evidence? They didn't even bother questioning him until later. Don't you think he would be arrested/charged if any of what you claim was true? Even if only to support their ever-changing story?

EVERYONE there covered their own and lawyered up quick.

Ex

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Your compassion and understanding of this
is staggering,

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The cop was injured. FACT. This is the most damning, and truly, the center of the entire case.

No it isn't. The central issue is what was occurring at the time an unarmed man was shot dead in the street.

It doesn't matter if Michael Brown was guilty of strong armed robbery, it doesn't matter if physical contact was initiated by the cop or Michael Brown. It really doesn't even matter if at the car, Michael Brown went for the gun (the only evidence for this being the cop's own statement). It sure as hell doesn't matter if the cop had minor injuries following the altercation.

If he was 30 feet away from the cop's car with his hands in the air and the cop fired multiple shots into his body, resulting in his death, that's murder.

I realize that the witness statements I keep pointing out don't fit the spin you're putting on things, but I think you'd be hard pressed to argue with the above statement.

Have you even listened to them?
edit on 2014-8-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: xuenchen

originally posted by: xuenchen
But I bet Brown *Thought* the cop knew and I bet that is what started Brown's rage

You raise an interesting point.

For context, (I've posted this elsewhere), here is the location of the shooting and the distance to the Quik Trip:

According to the police reports, officers indicate they received a robbery call at the Quik Trip at 11:51.

At 12:04, officers are dispatched to Brown's shooting.

So only somewhere between 13-19 minutes had elapsed between the two events.

Very interesting point.

But yet...I am still in want of pictures showing these stolen items at Brown's dead body. What...the cops took away the "evidence"?
edit on 15-8-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join