It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Police Chief Admits Officer Was Not Aware Of Robbery

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn
So whoever scrawled that message mistakenly thought that a clerk working at the Quick Trip "snitched" on Mike for stealing cigars? What should the shop owners do? Just allow criminals to steal their merchandise and suck it up? All the owners of looted businesses should collect their insurance payments, and move away to a less hostile area. When there's no longer anywhere to shop, the residents can reflect on it and wonder why. Clueless...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Libertygal

Can someone find the snitches image? I'd like to see it.

fox2now.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Amazing.

So 'the robbery story' was already known by some in the community.

Ex

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The store and the shooting are two separate issues.
Police these days are very good at covering their tails and their brothers in blue. Yes, he was wrong for stealing cigars, but that doesn.t mean an officer has the right to shoot , an unarmed man in the back, and when he turns and raises his hands, continue to shoot him in the face.

a reply to: Mikeultra

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ex

Has the autopsy been completed yet and its findings publisized then?

If not, how do you determine this? Based on one man's word? Actual proven fact is much better to have, before making judgment calls.

If you say you want justice, then a just form of justice must be given others... innocent until proven guilty. Media is not proof. They lie and spin fanciful tales, eye witnesses can forget, not remember right, and or lie too.

Justice, not a tall tree and a short rope... or has it been so long that we have forgotten.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Again, that only assumes Johnson's version of the story is true.

He obviously omitted the convenience store story, where Brown didn't just steal cigars, but assaulted the clerk. Why should we now trust Johnson's version?

edit on 15-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Can't wait for the toxicology report on the body.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Exactly. There is also another alleged "witness", a video I posted in another thread, that stated it was not the QT that was robbed, but another store down the street. He did mistakenly claim no one ever called 911, however.

I did listen to the audio released by Anon of the scanner, but I have no clue the code in Ferguson or whatever PD that was on the audio, for burglary.

Crazy: Witness Speaks On The Murder Of Mike Brown…: youtu.be...

edit on 15-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

He told the FBI the full account.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Again, that only assumes Johnson's version of the story is true.

He obviously omitted the convenience store story, where Brown didn't just steal cigars, but assaulted the clerk. Why should we now trust Johnson's version?

Because, in the real world, what is said behind closed doors, interrogation doors, changes. Especially when confronted with video evidence that you were caught in the commission of a crime.

As I explained in another thread, Dorian could possibly be charged with murder.

If the DA decides to prosecute the cop, and gets a true bill from the Grand Jury, he will likely go for murder one, a capitol offense, which in some states can bring the death penalty or life in prison.

By calling Dorian an accomplice, it outlines the police determination of his position. The police do not charge a crime, they arrest. The DA charges.

If the cop is tried on murder one, then Dorian, as an accomplice, can be charged with Michael's death, as if he pulled the trigger. He can get the exact same penalties, up to, and including the death penalty.

If, during his interview, Dorian was confronted with this, he may have decided, along with his attorney, and a DA wanting to get to the bottom of this, that the truth was the best choice for all concerned.

The evidence was heavily against Dorian already. They had witnesses placing HIM there, as well as his own statements on tv, and the video.

When you have to decide, do I talk or face life in prison or the death penalty, a good attorney gets you states evidence.

Ex

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I didn't take Johnson's word as gospel, but I do know if he hadn't spoken to the press, he would have found himself in jail on some charge or another, unable to talk to anyone. I also found it funny the PD never took this young man, s tatement until others stepped in
Don' you guys really know how police work?
. reply to: loam

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ex
I didn't take Johnson's word as gospel, but I do know if he hadn't spoken to the press, he would have found himself in jail on some charge or another, unable to talk to anyone. I also found it funny the PD never took this young man, s tatement until others stepped in

I didn't believe a word he said in the MSNBC interview. Nothing he said made sense, and you could tell after watching his other videos, that he had been coached. He used a LOT of police/lawyer speak, things uncharacteristic from his previous statements. It was also prior to his being interrogated by the police.

Now, you notice, things have changed. That is because truth prevails when you are caught dead to rights. I believe him, NOW. I will, however, still refrain from making any decisions either way as to guilt or innocence of the cop, but the evidence coming out leans very much in his favor, so far.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Amazing.

So 'the robbery story' was already known by some in the community.

Apparently because it set off the looting and riots the first night.

Looting of Ferguson Quicktrip Evening-Whirl Video: youtu.be...

When watching this video, the very first thing said is, "We are out here at the Quick Trip where the whole incident started."

This was the first night of riots and looting. So yes, the determination can be made that word spread of the robbery through the community.

People felt that the people at QT were repsonsible for Michael's death, because they called 911.

ETA also check the previous video I posted, above. That was made the first night, as well. He openly discusses the robbery, and the fact that it was NOT the QT, but the other store.

He talks about the cigars, calling them "rillos".

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

The breakdown in your argument and suspicions is that - the store video - corroborates that which most directly impacts Johnson. Much of the rest of the statement can't be discounted either because he was not questioned or detained after the incident. The cops did not take his statement even until much later. AND, furthermore, it was corroborated by two witnesses who did not know him or each other.

What I'm seeing now, across the board in this tragedy, is just a whole lot of entrenched political and social talking points and dogma, from both sides.

Just because Brown is dead, doesn't mean he's innocent. Just because Johnson was with Brown, doesn't make him guilty of anything. Just because the Police say a thing, doesn't make it true.
edit on 8/15/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I think much of what you say is correct.

Nothing is very clear yet.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Libertygal
I will, however, still refrain from making any decisions either way as to guilt or innocence of the cop, but the evidence coming out leans very much in his favor, so far.

Okay, I'll bite. How do you figure?

Johnson was with Brown at the market. Check.

Brown took some cigars and shoved a guy that blocked his path out of the store. Check.

Brown and Johnson were subsequently stopped for jay-walking by Officer Wilson. Check.

Ferguson Police chief states quite clearly that Officer Wilson DID NOT KNOW THAT Brown had "stolen cigars." Check.

Brown, who is unarmed, is shot somewhere between 3 and 9 times (at least one if not several in the head point-blank) some 35 feet from the vehicle of the officer doing the shooting, while holding his hands in the air. Check.

These are UNDISPUTED FACTS.

How in the world can anyone say these facts "lean very much" in the cop's favor, with anything resembling a straight face?

/unbelievable

But, just remember, we hate and despise government overreach around here, along with tyrants and jack-booted thugs who trample the Constitution.

LOLOLOLOL

edit on 20Fri, 15 Aug 2014 20:35:03 -050014p082014866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

The breakdown in your argument and suspicions is that - the store video - corroborates that which most directly impacts Johnson. Much of the rest of the statement can't be discounted either because he was not questioned or detained after the incident. The cops did not take his statement even until much later. AND, furthermore, it was corroborated by two witnesses who did not know him or each other.

The store video does a lot. As Xen has already stated, it lends to the state of mind of Dorian and Michael as they were approached by a cop after having burglarized a store. They were almost homefree.

When the cop came back to them, they likely had an "Oh shiznit" moment, and a fight or flight response. Dorian's response was obvious flight. Michael's response was obviously fight, as has been borne out by what little evidence has been released.

The officer was injured. Fact. One witness statement totally goes against Dorian's original television statement, and coincides with police. She stated she saw Michael wrestling through the window of the police car, and that just didn't look right to her.

In the video I posted above, the guy states that the cop shot at Michael, in the car. He even turns and mimcks the officers' movements. How do you shoot at Michael into the car, if the cop never got out of the car, and Michael was never in the car?

In the MSNBC interview, Dorian states, "Michael's hands were full. He had the cigarillos." Then, after the cop allegedly reaches out the car window, and chokes a 6'3-4" man, he states, "Michael hands me the cigarillos, he said here, hold these."

But, he does not explain what Michael did with his then empty hands. Why would he ask him to hold his things, if he did not intend to use his hands?

The police tried, on several occasions, to locate Dorian. Once Al Sharpton came to town, he was unavailable, then, he had an attorney.

The police also likely needed to subpoena the store video, have it forensically reviewed, provide copies to the FBI, and the DOJ, etc. That all takes time. They cannot locate, and interrogate, all witnesses in one, or even three days.

The police also likely were reviewing the television videos of Dorian, and other witnesses, as well as looking for others. They put out a request for video or pictures. In the meantime, Dorian is talk, talk, talk. They let him seal his own fate, and in doing so, secured a witness for the cop.

Whether you, the community, or anyone else likes or dislikes it doesn't matter. There are a lot of rules of interview and interrogation people may not like. It is what it is. Ni one really has the right to dictate how an investigation is done. And, it can take weeks, sometimes even months.

Just because Johnson was with Brown, doesn't make him guilty of anything. Just because the Police say a thing, doesn't make it true.

Dorian being with someone during the commission of a felony and witholding evidence qnd lying, makes him guilty of obstruction of justice, and an accomplice to murder. Sorry you cannot grasp that. Obviously, Dorian seems to be a bit wiser, and thought it might be a good idea to go ahead and tell the truth.

What, exactly, he told, remains to be seen. However, it has already been proven today, by his own attorney, that his story has changed.

As for the police, absolutely correct. I stated above that some people may not like the rules of interview and interrogation. The police have, can, and will lie, to gain evidence. It isn't a crime to do so.

By the same token, they ate not required to tell anyone what they do, or do not know.

Mo. is not Florida. No Sunshine laws there. This will not be played out like the Trayvon case or the Casey Anthony case, where the public is spoon fed everything. Not going to happen.

They may not even televise the trial, IF it even gets that far. It may not, the Grand Jury may return a No Bill.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
Is there video evidence of Mike Brown being shot with his hands in the air? No..? Than that is not an undisputed fact. That is an allegation made by a "witness" from a community that is into looting and getting free stuff.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

This really needs to be more than some DAs moment of fame. This needs to be about solve the shoot first attitude and the way the community fears the LEOS.

This incedent prooves guilty by association are more for victimizimg victims and intimidation.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Libertygal

originally posted by: Ex

I didn't believe a word he said in the MSNBC interview. Nothing he said made sense, and you could tell after watching his other videos, that he had been coached. He used a LOT of police/lawyer speak, things uncharacteristic from his previous statements. It was also prior to his being interrogated by the police.

Now, you notice, things have changed. That is because truth prevails when you are caught dead to rights. I believe him, NOW. I will, however, still refrain from making any decisions either way as to guilt or innocence of the cop, but the evidence coming out leans very much in his favor, so far.

What about the statements of Tiffany Mitchell and Piaget Crenshaw (some of which I linked to above)? Why are you completely ignoring those?

Two women, separate vantage points, giving the same account which happens to much more closely resemble Johnson's than the cop's — the most relevant detail being that the cop got out of his vehicle, pursued Michael Brown and shot him dead in the street while his hands were raised in the air.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join