It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Police Chief Admits Officer Was Not Aware Of Robbery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn
a reply to: theantediluvian

Oh my goodness ... this guys was AGGRESSIVE ... call the cops, have him shot dead immediately!

Oh WOW ... he's not just AGGRESSIVE ... he's an AGGRESSIVE NEGRO ... that's serious offense. Really serious ... no wonder the cops shot him dead. It's a federal OFFENSE in the US, to be AGGRESSIVE and BLACK.

^quoting for truth. Federal offense that allows for summary executions for an inkling.

What a lie our liberty/justice for all idea(l) is here in America.

Derek

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
If the cop were responding to a strong armed robbery there is no way
he would pull up in his vehicle and say something out the wwindoww.

I think its safe to say he was responding to two guys jay walking.

And from that, you can only imagine what was going through the minds of those two "Jay-walkers" !!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

That and imagine what was going through the cops mind "if" this kid acted like he was just busted for a robbery when he was only asked to get out of the street.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Grabbing for an officers gun puts mike at the top tier in the use of force model. I dont know why this is a big deal.

Ive seen stories of at least 20 other people killed by police that were unarmed and did not get into an altercation. They never got news coverage.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

That's exactly right.

It favors the officer's "altercation" story..Brown likely didn't know that the officer was unaware, so was he resisting?

Even so, multiple witnesses indicate that he had hands up in surrender after the first shot. If forensics support that then, game over - officer gets charged.

The FBI will have to sort it out...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
But I bet Brown *Thought* the cop knew and I bet that is what started Brown's rage

You raise an interesting point.

For context, (I've posted this elsewhere), here is the location of the shooting and the distance to the Quik Trip:

According to the police reports, officers indicate they received a robbery call at the Quik Trip at 11:51.

At 12:04, officers are dispatched to Brown's shooting.

So only somewhere between 13-19 minutes had elapsed between the two events.

Very interesting point.

edit on 15-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

And from that, you can only imagine what was going through the minds of those two "Jay-walkers" !!

Why does everyone insist on "imagining" things. The reason everyone thought the cop stopped Brown as a robbery suspect was that people "imagined" that the cop knew about the robbery.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: darkwarrior

We don't know that he grabbed the officer's gun.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

So apparently the whole world thinks they know Brown isn't just a criminal, he's not even a very good criminal.

I tell my nephew he never gets away with anything, he should just stop. Maybe someone should have told this to Brown.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I don't think the robbery happened at Quiktrip, but at another local store or liquor store, I can't find the name. The surveillance footage was not a QT.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

You're right. I see that a source where I saw that quoted had that wrong.

Let me see what I can find.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Why does everyone insist on "imagining" things. The reason everyone thought the cop stopped Brown as a robbery suspect was that people "imagined" that the cop knew about the robbery.

Well let's see here.

The police announced that the officer didn't know the two "kids" were suspects.

Then the police stop the two "kids" who just (allegedly) had a "problem" in a store with the store owner who the "kids" probably assumed called the police.

If you were those "kids", what would you think if the police stop you right after all that ?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Very interesting point.

I was thinking the same.

It certainly gives weight to the Ferguson Police version which paints Brown as hostile and aggressive from the moment the Police made contact.

It still remains to be seen whether the Officers use of deadly force was justified, a lot of people are still saying Brown was retreating with his hands up when he was killed, but having robbed the convenience store just minutes before gives some insight into Browns possible mindset.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Here was the source that said it's the QuikTrip store:

PHOTO HANDOUT: video stills of alleged altercation between Brown and Quick Trip worker pic.twitter.com/i2ZIyBQ0BK

I don't know...still confirming.

Here also:

Mike Brown Videotaped In Possible QuikTrip Store Robbery Ahead Of Ferguson Shooting

The theft occurred Aug. 9 at a QuikTrip convenience store near the location where Brown was killed. It happened between 11:53 and 11:54 a.m., says a police report released by Ferguson police. Brown was named as a suspect in the report that details an altercation that happened between the teen and a store worker.

edit on 15-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

There were articles saying the owner said he didn't rob them. That's one reason this is confusing. Just watching the video you should see its nit a corporate store.

The rugs on the floor and, corporations don't want employees chasing after shoplifters. They tend to use the words, "its not worth your life."

This is exactly what type of situation I was referring to when I said the police need training in deeling with the community that they have.

Lets use me as an example, I'm vain and it makes my happy. I am not a nice person. So, just because you have a badge and an attitude I don't all of sudden learn to be nice!!

edit on 15-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Not to derail..but the police statement today said the officer was coming from the QT and the 2 guys werejaywalking in the direction of the QT from another store, down the street, the other direction.

Paraphrasing...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Like I said, Its hard to find the name of the convenient store the one circled could be it, QT is a distance up W. Florissant RD.

The address would be on the police scanner released of that day.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Some were using the "robbery" as justification for the officer's actions, but now it is known that the officer didn't even know there might have been a connection. I am getting annoyed that the media keeps using the term "robbery." When I think of robbery I think of someone going in, either armed or unarmed, and robbing a place of its money. That does not appear to be what occurred. What happened was that there were some cigars stolen. It was "theft," not "robbery." I don't know if the nomenclature is correct, or the legalese, but robbery is always used in the context I mentioned, while theft is simply taking an item without paying for it. Technically it could be called robbery, but theft is a much more fitting term imo.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Here's a released police report.....

might help with names places etc.

Ferguson Police Department Incident Report

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join