It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Police Chief Admits Officer Was Not Aware Of Robbery

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
a reply to: mOjOm

Exactly. He could have aimed for a knee. He could have made any other nonlethal judgement. He chose not to.

More than that, he could have done many things other than making the first option trying to shoot the guy. I mean, shooting a suspect, who as far as we know wasn't even a suspect yet but just some dude in the road, is supposed to be the last option.

I mean the dude is walking down the street, unarmed with his friend, not trying to run or anything. Yet he decides to become super cop and engage both of them from inside the truck by himself. Is that even proper procedure??? I don't think so and the reason why is because that is stupid and most likely will always end up with a struggle and having to shoot the guy because you put yourself in a bad position by being a dumb cop and not following your training.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah, what d'ya figure it'll be this time?

Wait, they already used Skittles ...

Actually some comments are suggesting steroids.

Both Brown and Wilson are mentioned.

Possible.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I don't think I'd expect the waters to get very much clearer as time goes on.

Yeah, I think that much is clear. It's going to get really crazy and confusing now and you're going to see a whole lot of talking heads, misinfo, bad reporting, commentary reporting as if it's news, drama, bullsh*ting, etc.

That's before the verdict too. Just wait until after they decide what to do in the case. Do you really think either side is going to accept the judgement depending on who's side it goes to??? NO WAY IN HELL!!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I thought police were trained to handle rood rage.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Or the LEO underestimated his danger because he saw this as a minor interaction about two guys walking in the street....that is until Brown essentially confronted the officer, grabbed for his gun, then ran, and then returned to rush him.

I'm not saying that is what in fact happened, but it is consistent with what some say happened.

The point is, it's still too early to tell what happened.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I thought police were trained to handle rood rage.

Rood Rage is happening in Iraq and Syria.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

It's depraved to swipe a few smokes? Wow, you're a tough crowd.

Let me break a few things out between us, Foam. (You deserve that for the Glyph crack above, btw.)

I am regularly accused here of being a leftist-progressive-Marxist-water-carrier for the Democrats and our President.

Sometimes, that's partially true. Usually, I'm just responding to the often ludicrous narratives that accompany political agendas.

I'm actually kinda conservative in a lot of ways ... but old-school conservative ... probably back to say Eisenhower or so.

But, I'm also quite liberal in others, and on some things I'm moderate and some things immoderate and pressed to it and truth to tell I dont' really believe in anything. I do the best with what I see-hear-process-understand and try TRY to remain factual and reasonable in all I do.

But all of that's background noise, I just felt like you were actually trying to communicate and wanted to return the benefit of the doubt.

Have you noticed, today, that after the revelations this morning, and again this afternoon, that almost no one is talking about the fact that Americans were being tear-gassed and shot with rubber bullets a few days ago? That a fairly local-yokel police force was able, in a matter of hours, to field what looked more like a high-tech Army Field Unit than, oh, say, crowd-control or even riot management?

Hmmmmmmm. Isn't that peculiar?

It's almost like someone doesn't want us to talk about that ... too much.

So, we get the racial divide scenario. I guess they couldn't work any of the other causes celebres in, unless Michael Brown and his buddy were trying to get married after they got back from an ex-girlfriend's abortion ...

There's smoke and mirrors here alright, and sadly, that goes far beyond Michael Brown or Officer Wilson.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Julius Caesar said it over 2000 years ago: Divide et impera.

Works like a charm in the old USA these days.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Or the LEO underestimated his danger because he saw this as a minor interaction about two guys walking in the street....that is until Brown essentially confronted the officer, grabbed for his gun, then ran, and then returned to rush him.

I'm not saying that is what in fact happened, but it is consistent with what some say happened.

The point is, it's still too early to tell what happened.

Exactly my point. Proper training and following procedure is what eliminates LEO's getting themselves into a position where they underestimate the danger. It's for their protection as well as the protection of civilians too. There is a proper way to confront someone. A proper way to confront a suspect. A proper way to do everything just for that reason. Because it eliminates or at least greatly reduces the chance that something like this is going to happen.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Yep, I hear that 'roids are really the street drug of choice among African Americans these days ...

But, if that's it, looks like both Big Mike and Little Dorian needed to take that rage to da gym, huh?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Damns predict a text!!! Roid rage.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FreeQuebec86
Hi.

First of all, the police have stated they are not going to give out, beyond what has been published, what happened between Darren and Michael once the confrontation began.

What they HAVE said:
1. The cop was hit in the face. He was admitted to the ER, treated for injuries, and discharged. We do not have a timeline on this. (The woman caller to the radio show stated she has not heard from the officers' family since Tuesday, a Facebook post claimed the officer was actually in the ICU, and not discharged until that date)
2. That a shot WAS fired from within the car, at least once.
3. That a struggle ensued over the weapon.
4. That Darren did shoot Michael, and kill him.

They will not, and are not required to release any more information. They are not required to try the case in public media. The officer has as much of a right to his privacy as any other person, but even that has been violate of late.

What we DO know from Darion on an MSNBC inteterview, with his attorney, and Al Sharpton.

1. Did Michael ever say, "Don't shoot me. I am not armed?"

Darion: "No. He never quite got that out. He never said anything, he was shot and died.

The entire "Don't shoot me, I am unarmed!" , once again , is a LIE, unless YOU call Darion a liar.

Now. That shoe is on the ither foot.

What say ye?

CNN:

Michael Brown's Friend Describes Shooting Dorian …: youtu.be...

Interview of Dorian Johnson (with Mike Brown duri…: youtu.be...

Note how his statement changes from the CNN interview, to the MSNBC interview.

Michael never said, "Don't shoot me. I am not armed", unless YOU believe a liar.

So, what part of HIS testimony is credible? Why? Why was it stated Michael said something he didin't, and that is admitted to, when Darion is directly questioned.

The entire nation bought that, the "Don't shoot me, I am unarmed", yet, it appears to have never been said, according to everyones' star "witness"

Explanations? Excuses? Beuler?

edit on 16-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
It's a nearly real-time recollection of an eye witness...

Here's another, note that the shooting occurred right after 12pm and this timeline starts immediately after.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Yep, I hear that 'roids are really the street drug of choice among African Americans these days ...

But, if that's it, looks like both Big Mike and Little Dorian needed to take that rage to da gym, huh?

You do know who Wilson is right ?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

You are aware the entire reason the police ask a person questions so many times is because during stress the average person goes into shock.

That's some of the training police officers are supposed to have. I think the post above about the real issue was right. The treated the American public like a war zone. They need better training.
That means don't focus on the wrong facts.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Damns predict a text!!! Roid rage.

I knew what you meant.

The "joke" is "rood"

google " rood ".

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

a reply to: Libertygal

You are aware the entire reason the police ask a person questions so many times is because during stress the average person goes into shock.

That's some of the training police officers are supposed to have. I think the post above about the real issue was right. The treated the American public like a war zone. They need better training.
That means don't focus on the wrong facts.

I am simply pointing out an error in the logic that Darion is to be believed, yet, no one else is.

And yes, I am quite knowledgeable of why police question people more than once. It has more to do with than what you said.

I am a trained interrogator, and took a class with the FBI on Kinesic Interview and Interrogation.

The primary reason police question people multiple times, and multiple ways is to see if they remain consistant, or, add or take away from their statement.

A person that is fresh from a tragedy, and willing to talk may remember key things they actually forget LATER. When questioned, and prompted of a previous response, it can trigger that memory.

If a person is mentally and physically capable of being questioned immediately, it is actually best to get them then, and follow up one or more times, later.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I am interested in communication.

Apologies on getting your handle wrong. I'm typing on an ipad and I honestly thought it said Glyph. I guess the avatar threw me. Whatever. It wasn't intended. Just an honest mistake.

In terms of your post history, I'm not familiar with it, so you can safely assume I come with no preconceived notions about you.

In terms of the changing focus of the story, I hardly think it was planned in the sense you describe. I don't think we need the Brown story at all to see Americans have become completely complacent where infringement of their constitutional rights are concerned. I've been railing about this for nearly a decade......*crickets*.

If anything, the changing focus proves the rule, not the exception.

In terms of what I described as depraved behavior, I was not just talking about the theft of cigars, but the clear assault committed by Brown against the clerk. THAT is depraved in my book. I've never done that, and I find it odd you don't find it equally disturbing.

Finally, I think there are several issues deserving discussion as a result of the Brown situation....race relations...disturbing trends in black youth culture....the militarization of the police....poor police training....closed government....freedom of the press....ect. It's a veritable smorgasbord of what's wrong with America today.

edit on 16-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Libertygal

A person that is fresh from a tragedy, and willing to talk may remember key things they actually forget LATER. When questioned, and prompted of a previous response, it can trigger that memory.

If a person is mentally and physically capable of being questioned immediately, it is actually best to get them then, and follow up one or more times, later.

That's interesting that you should say that because didn't they take a long time before interviewing Dorian in the first place???

I mean he went on TV a couple days later and told his story even and they still hadn't questioned him yet. Why didn't they question him that very first day when it happened???

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wow. A local yokel police force?

That was actually a SWAT team. Do you know what a SWAT team does? I mean, come on.

They had 15 area police forces with them, and SWAT, that was not the Ferguson PD, it was SWAT, which is para-military.

If people could step back from the emotions a bit, it might be helpful. It also has zip, zero, silch, to do with this thread.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join