It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Police Release Video Of Strong-Arm Robbery Connected To Michael Brown

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Lawyer on CNN :

"Police shooting a suspect with hands raise = Prison" Like it's a rules for the police.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
He's got a 6'4" 280lbs (I think) person assaulting him & trying to take his gun who then does a runner.
The cop pulls his gun & fires. Excessively, possibly, but he obviously felt violated enough for such a reaction to the assault.
Baby boy Mike was not going to be arrested.
He had college on Monday & he was on his way to see Grandma.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: supamoto

Just cause he felt violated does not make it right tho. He needs to be in fear for his life.
At the initial point, where the first shot was fired in his vehicle, I say it was justified.
And we can't say for a fact that the kid even tried to take his gun, that is just the cops version and they embellish.
Once he runs, he is no longer a threat, I don't care about his size.
And quit saying that "bad boy mike' was not going to be arrested like that gives merit to anything.
Cops deal with people all day and twice on sunday, that are 'not going to be arrested' watch a episode of cops and deal with it with out killing them.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Laykilla

You should become more familiar with the law. It varies by state but I doubt any state prevents a person from attempting to detain a thief or recover property.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: TheMainEvent

If he didn't steal those cigars he would be alive today...

In the video, I don't see a box of cigars in his hands. Since the value of the box of cigars was about $50, i presume it isn't just a 5 pack of cigarillos, but rather a full 50ct box. Those, for swisher sweet cigarillos (the smallest, so we will use that for benefit of the doubt reasons) are about 9"x5"x3" in dimensions (roughly).

Can you point to where that rather large cigar box is located in any of those images?

I say we don't know if he stole the cigars, or if any cigars were stolen. Not that I would have a hard time believing it....but the point is, it isn't known that he stole those cigars.

Had nothing happened at that store that morning, it is possible that he would still be alive. But since the only person with a stake in decision making at the point of killing is the officer with the gun....I am not sure such a glib comment really applies here?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: undo
I didn't say I did know.
I said it was my opinion, based on what I've seen & read so far.
Seems obvious to me that the cop, given his location & the tensions it could cause, wouldn't respond with deadly force without due cause.
Assaulting a Police Officer & trying to take his gun, then running away. Why try to take the cops gun? (I don't know if Mike tried to take the cops gun but I can't see any other logical reason for the cop shooting him dead)
Why was baby boy Mike running away if his intention was compliance with the law?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ok so Mike baby was a good guy. He was on his way to Grandma & started college on Monday.
The cop asked him to walk on the pavement & Mike picked a fight with him FFS!
No! Mike was an ignorant arrogant c£$t with a serious attitude problem.
Watch the video. He also had the audacity to assault the cop & possibly try & take his gun away.
The cop responded accordingly as Mike tried to run away (evade arrest for his criminal acts/wrong doings).

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeQuebec86

Everyone has a right to protect their self and property. If you're so concerned with your well being, then I'd pick a career that didn't involve crime.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: TheMainEvent

If he didn't steal those cigars he would be alive today...

I don't know how you come to this conclusion, considering the police officer did not know anything about these guys being connected with a robbery. They were stopped for jaywalking. So tell me that again. I cannot stand arguments like this. You probably think that he had it coming right? That is the attitude you have, along with your ignorant Bible camp remark. This just proves my point that you think because the guy might have stolen something worth a few dollars that he deserved to die. And you cannot know what would have happened had he done something else. And it still hasn't been proven there is any connection with the "robbery."

The point is that the use of deadly force was unwarranted. This is proven by the fact that the guy was unarmed. If you are a cop and have to kill somebody who doesn't have a weapon, then obviously you should never have been allowed to be a cop in the first place. If you cannot handle yourself in any situation without having to shoot somebody, you should not be a cop. There is still much information still to come out, and because the feds will get involved I think this guy will go down if I am proven right, and he did use deadly force when he shouldn't have. Oh, and one more little thing...How does it take TEN SHOTS to bring someone down? Does that sound reasonable to you?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

No he wasn't a sweet innocent kid, I will agree with you there.
You don't know what happened to cause the confrontation with the cop, so don't say that mike picked a fight with him.
You don't know anything about the kid or his 'attitude problem' so stop acting like you were best pals with this kid growing up
How do you know the cop didn't have the audacity to assualt him for mouthing off? They are well known for doing that, if some one attacks me, I am going to defend my self. The grabbing the gun thing is purely speculation and many factors go into that. Mainly what hip/leg the officer wears his gun on. If it is his right leg/hip then its seems far fetched cause mike would have to reach across his body. If he had it on his left side then it is a bit more possible.

The cop responded accordingly as Mike tried to run away (evade arrest for his criminal acts/wrong doings).

So you feel the appropriate action for a fleeing suspect is just shoot and kill? How does that make sense?
You don't just shoot fleeing suspects, you chase them down and arrest them and charge them with eluding.
The cops job is to arrest, jail, and get in front of a judge period, end of story.
Not to become the judge jury and executioner all within 10 seconds.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Here's a released police report.....

might help with names places etc.

Ferguson Police Department Incident Report

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

How did police brutality cause Michael Brown to rob a store?

Prove to me that he did then I will further discuss this with you.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikehawk

Did you watch the video? You clearly see him take the box of cigars and the store owner confronts him. I sure didn't see money change hands. The guy chose the wrong path and this is what can happen.
edit on 15-8-2014 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Thug live payz

The story is unfolding, don't look good for the dead guy.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Laykilla

You should become more familiar with the law. It varies by state but I doubt any state prevents a person from attempting to detain a thief or recover property.

Have you ever worked in a store?

We had a girl fired for just watching a suspected shoplifter.......

Stick that in your "I don't know what the hell I'm talking about" pipe and smoke it.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Watch the video for the attitude. I said already I don't need to know him nor am I pretending to.
A large intimidating male roughs up a little store clerk half his size coz the clerk wants payment for the goods stolen.
The cop attacked Mike baby from inside the car?
How dumb does that sound?
If he was mouthing off then that's a reflection of his attitude. It's a cop he's mouthing off to. (Bad boy Mike)
I don't want ever be in the position to find out where a cop wears his gun.
I said it seems logical that was the reason the cop shot Mike dead. (Trying to take his gun then running away)
Obviously the cop thought he was Judge Dread in this situation.
To protect & to serve.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The cop attacked Mike baby from inside the car? How dumb does that sound?

I guess it sounds dumb but that is the report of how it happened, do you have something to show other wise?

If he was mouthing off then that's a reflection of his attitude. It's a cop he's mouthing off to. (Bad boy Mike)

You are allowed to mouth off to the police, cops act like your not but there is no law against it. He probably did have a attitude problem, but that is nothing more then character assassination to continue to bring it up. It doesn't add to anything other then to demonize mike.
What is logical about shooting some one who is running away for something that happened before and is no longer happening?

Obviously the cop thought he was Judge Dread in this situation. To protect & to serve.

Agreed and that is why this cop needs to be jailed, he is not judge dread, that is the entire point.
Thank your for saying that
News flash, he has to protect and serve the suspects too. That is not a pick and choose motto.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
With Mikes attitude he had it coming.
If this cop didn't do it then another would have, eventually & if a cop didn't do it one of his peers would have., eventually.
Why?
Coz Mike created the situation for it to happen.
Shot dead one way or another.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Can you give me the winning lotto numbers too?
Since your able to look into the future and tell me that Mike had it coming and if wasn't today then it would be tomorrow.
Get over your self

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
NO no lotto numbers here.
Accept you're wrong to defend the criminal bully scum.
Then maybe.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join