It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Police Release Video Of Strong-Arm Robbery Connected To Michael Brown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

originally posted by: Laykilla

Uh, he didn't even intimidate the store clerk. The store clerk was an idiot.

You know what happened? Because I can tell you what happened right away just from watching that video.... The clerk said something disrespectful to Brown, brown then took the whole box and gave it to his buddy, grabbed another box, and basically said -- "Eff you I'm taking this" he then just tried to walk out of the store, and the CLERK, CLEARLY NOT INTIMIDATED, gets in his way, tried to block the door and puts his hands on Brown.

So you're saying he was just minding his business being an honest citizen, who was than verbally assaulted? A small Indian store owner decided in a predominately black neighborhood to start a dispute with a large heavy black man for...?

And you want me to believe a store clerk who weighs 120 pounds soaking wet, standing at around 5'4", who was just threatened by a 220 pound 6'5" man, would put his hands on him and initiate first contact over a $48 box of cigars?

Let me ask you a question, if all Brown stole was that box of cigars on the counter and that was his sole intent, what were they talking about for the first 4 minutes of that video?
##SNIPPED##, because that video is clear evidence that Brown was a disgruntled customer who walked out on his tab, rather than -- a man who came into the store with the intent of "Strong Arm Robbing" it. The actions of the clerk seem to be in contraire to the theory that Brown threatened him in anyway, because SURELY the clerk knew he couldn't physically stop brown, yet he tried anyway.

Not sure if you're serious, but if you are, you need to learn how to use critical thinking, because nothing about that video supports your theory.

I also didn't say he was an "Honest" citizen, I said that obviously there was a verbal altercation that took place, the result of which was brown walking out without paying. If his intent was to walk in and take the box and walk out, that's what he'd have done now isn't it?

What was the 4 minutes of arguing at the counter about? How come brown never seemed to lose his cool and get agitated until the clerk stood in his way?

Right now you're just sounding like a racist who is defending the "little" man. Brown didn't put his hands on the clerk, the clerk put his hands on Brown. Brown didn't walk in, grab the box and walk out, he walked in, walked up to the counter, had a conversation with the clerk, took the box, handed it to his buddy, who then spilled it on the floor. He calmly and slowly and patiently picked up all the swishers and placed them into the box, announced that he was walking out, and the clerk comes running around and jumps in his way.

That's what happened visually on the tape. How can you tell me you saw something different?

This was the most passive robbery I've ever seen in my life. I've even done that exact same thing before. I went over receipts from a store I visit all the time and found out they were skimming my change to the sum of $40. So I walked in the store, threw my receipts on the counter and walked out with an item of $40 value. When I did that, it looked more violent than Brown's video. Cops were called and they went over the receipts and threatened to arrest the clerk instead...

You can't tell me you know he threatened him without audio -- and what you can see on video contradicts the theory that there were threats made -- unless you expect me to believe in super apoo indian theft prevention clerk.... in which case, you've obviously never been to an indian store in your life.
edit on 15-8-2014 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Aug 16 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm watching from outside USA. ( so bad english incoming
)

And on CNN, right now, the police chief look SO MUCH in panic/lying.

And said he can't talk about evidence about the shooting, but he can talk about the "robbing" video. He can't say why ( PR media control from the police )

He respond to : How can we know it the kid ? - Just look at the video.

He confirm that the 2 policemen are not related, the shooting cop didnt know about the robbery.

So why he release the video ? - You ( the media ) ask for it.

How the media could ask a video they dont know about ? xD

Its seem that 1- the policemen is just bad at PR.
2- He force to lie and "panic"
3- The controlling force above him tell him what to say and he's bad.

In Quebec montreal, we had a kind of similiar incident 6yr ago ( en.wikipedia.org... ) . A 18yr kid was killed by a police for a ( Gambling in a parking lot ), but he was wrestle the police man ( and the police shoot 2 other kid ). They used the criminal past of his brother to make the police justify or explained his "fear. Just like the robbing video.

Here too, the police wait a LOT for release info and they seem to make up a "police version" with the aid of lawer. The 2 polices wait ( and surely talk between them ) to make the official version.

Anyways... Watching from far, but it a weird story + weirder too see media spotting the flaws and asking good question.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Police chief stated they found evidence of the robbery on Brown.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80,

Yes, that's right, because being against violent crime is the same as being racist. The fact of Michael Browns violent tendencies had nothing to do with his death. All whites are racists, cops are racists, security cameras are racist. Am I on your intellectual level yet? What am I missing?

Oh yeah, the courts are racist.

Here's a little list of some of the victims of racism in this awful country of ours.
Obama, Eric Holder, Colin Powell, Susan Rice, Condoleeza Rice, Michael Jordan, Morgan Freeman.

So sad their lives, such wasted brilliance. We must fight racism harder.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

[
Not sure if you're serious, but if you are, you need to learn how to use critical thinking, because nothing about that video supports your theory.

I never presented a "theory" and I don't have to... The video shows it clearly, he stole from the clerk. Frankly any other made up nonsense you want to "theorize" about is useless. It simply shows that he robbed the store.

NOTE* I'm not saying in any way the shooting was justified in any way.
edit on 8/15/2014 by PsychoEmperor because: to add note

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I missed that ! But he clearly said that the cop didnt know he was a suspect xD. So showing the video was really just to "PR" the mass, making the dead guy look bad and guilty, its for the Policemen trial too.

But his "wall" fall apart when he say the cop didnt know he was a suspect xD.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Wow, a lot of rush to judgement going on around here.

Did he steal the cigars? Innocent until proven guilty.

Did the cop use excessive force? Innocent until proven guilty.

Was anyone currently discussing this tragedy there when it happened? I wasn't so I have no idea what exactly transpired between the cop and that young man. The news interviewed a couple of people who swear that the young man was holding up his hands and surrendering. Are they telling the truth? Who knows.

Understand this is a discussion board but I just don't understand how folks can convict with no real facts.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Which is impossible, because you can't walk around with a box of swisher sweets all day, it's not exactly like a carton fits in your pocket.

So what'd they find, a single swisher sweet? Somehow they can conclusively prove it came from the stolen carton?

Get real.

The individual single swishers from the inside of a carton don't have barcodes, therefor -- they aren't serialized. Which means it's an out right lie, since that's the only thing he stole.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
No sheets here.
I have family & good friends who are black & I guarantee they would share my opinion.
Because of scum like Mike, society see their colour first rather than just people.
They just want to be seen as people not 'black people'.
It's never going to happen with scum like Mike around & the bleeding hearts that support Mike & the likes of him.
No sympathy & no sheets.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There is the possibility that Brown doesn't know for sure he isn't suspected of the robbery his just did and might therefore resist an officer.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Which is impossible, because you can't walk around with a box of swisher sweets all day, it's not exactly like a carton fits in your pocket.

So what'd they find, a single swisher sweet? Somehow they can conclusively prove it came from the stolen carton?

Get real.

Just saying what was in a news conference. No need for the snide comment.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Get real.

Just saying what was in a news conference. No need for the snide comment.

I wasn't directing it at you, sorry -- when you quote people sometimes it can look that way, I was being snide to the news and the police chief, not the messenger.

They're just trying to do the back stroke to protect their boy in blue, it's disgusting.

I saw a news bit earlier, where the reporter asks "Is it brown definitively, or just maybe brown on the security tape" He answers back with "it's definitely Brown, I mean -- Look, he fits the description, that's clearly a 6'5" black man weighing 220 pounds, just look at the tape"

The tape never really shows his face though, and I'm sorry, if you think it's impossible that there could be 2 blacks guys in a red had and shorts that are around the same weight and size in a place that's full of people around that size -- you're a nut. Also, even if it was him, that tape doesn't show a violent robbery, it shows a passive shop lifting, in which the clerk tried to physically stand in his way when there wasn't even room for him to fit in his way....

It's hilarious that they think that anybody would believe this "he was violent" story, when even when the clerk physically pushed him, all he did was pick him up and move him. He didn't even push him back, he just picked him up and set him back down in a different location that was NOT in his way.

That's not the behavior of a violent criminal. It's just not.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

He got the response from me cause of the post he quoted and agreed with. If you read it and didn't think it was racist than I don't know what level you are on.
Not just the part he got, there was much more to it.
It is gone now if that gives you any idea.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
So...he decided to rob a convenience store just before going off to college eh? Let me guess, on the way to the store, he walked a little old lady across the street, bought a poppy from a veteran and dropped off home baked cookies at the senior center.

Not racist one bit and I hate unwarranted police violence as much as many others here. I'm no cop lover either but I highly doubt an officer in such a racially charged city would shoot a black male for the fun of it. Knowing full well of the aftermath such as what we've seen so far and may see in the future. Living in a heavily gang infested city myself, my opinion is that gangsters always vouch for their homies so the witnesses are worthless. It's gangster code for crying out loud. I wish there were video of the "gun grab". That part of the story is what needs to be proved. I find it hard to believe an officer would discharge his weapon inside his squad unless a perp was physically threatening him.

link   
a reply to: Laykilla

OK. I took the evidence part with a grain of salt also. Of course they could have ditched some, kept some. Maybe more on it will come out at some point.

link   
a reply to: supamoto

Well the post you quoted part of and agreed with was beyond racist, I guess you just confused me.
You don't know anything about this kid, stop acting like he was the next Al Capon.
Calling him scum like you grew up with him. Pft.

edit on thFri, 15 Aug 2014 14:40:33 -0500America/Chicago820143380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

link   

does anyone know if Michael Brown had a goatee beard? the person in the video does.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

does anyone know if Michael Brown had a goatee beard? the person in the video does.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like yes

Some more photos

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Seriously?

It's the clerks fault

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Ummm...read my posts and you'll see that I believe this to be shoplifting, clearly Brown did put his hands on the guy. I don't think it was strong arm. It looks to me more like intimidation by using his size. I think you may have been trying to reply to someone else.
edit on 15-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join