It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Police Release Video Of Strong-Arm Robbery Connected To Michael Brown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: HandyDandy

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Here is just the surveillance video.

So, someone who steals something actually goes to the register and asks for the item to be stolen?

Cigars are behind the counter. The clerk had to have handed those cigars to him. So, who hands someone merchandise before they are paid? Especially in a "bad" neighborhood.

Looks like he even grabbed some money from his friend and paid for them to me.

But, people will see what they want to see.

Maybe the confrontation was due to the clerk mouthing off?

As someone who used to smoke cigar-blunts, you ask to feel them so you can squeeze them to see how soft they are for when you need to remove the tobacco guts... Maybe he asked to touch them to see and then just left with them.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: HandyDandy

Dude you gotta be joking. If you can't see that he clearly robbed that place and then threatened that clerk with violence....you've obviously got your bleeding heart goggles on. Michael Brown was a common street thug and that cop did all his future victims a big favor by ridding us of him while he was still a budding criminal.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikehawk
240lbs & 6'4"??? He was a bully & thieving criminal scum. After seeing those images you people are still going to defend him like he was some regular school boy going to start college on Monday, on his way to Grandma? FFS people wake up!
If you were the store clerk how would you feel if you were confronted by him?
After seeing that I believe the cops story.
But how I feel about it is based on the FOX news report.
We saw this s*%t in London last year when another gangster got shot by cops & all those bleeding hearts crying about what a regular good guy he was. After they tore London to pieces.
Flame away. I got no time for gangsters that are put down. F*k em!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If the residents are so afraid and in conflict with the police there, it seems stupid to tell the officer you are not leaving the middle of the street when asked. (per friend). An if you just had an altercation at a store and are on the run, it's even more stupid.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: supamoto

Yeah these black people act like they could give a crap that the poor indian guy got his business and livelihood destroyed. In fact it has become the rallying point for the protests. How f'ing pathetic is that???????? Bottomline is NOT ONE surrounding middle class white community will give these black people any sympathy nor should they.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: TheMainEvent

If he didn't steal those cigars he would be alive today...

Didnt it start over jaywalking and all this theft stuff was brought up after the fact?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The death of Michael Brown is heartbreaking, and Michelle and I send our deepest condolences to his family and his community at this very difficult time. As Attorney General Holder has indicated, the Department of Justice is investigating the situation along with local officials, and they will continue to direct resources to the case as needed. I know the events of the past few days have prompted strong passions, but as details unfold, I urge everyone in Ferguson, Missouri, and across the country, to remember this young man through reflection and understanding. We should comfort each other and talk with one another in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds. Along with our prayers, that’s what Michael and his family, and our broader American community, deserve.

Obama about Ferguson

You need to ask why Obama takes sides before actual investigations. Its like he is saying its ok to do criminal acts and bring civil unrest. He is sending a message that its ok to hate cops. Chaos brings order, but what kind of order and whos order ?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
So can see the "well he was a thug criminal so of course it is a good thing he died" has already started.
You people disgust me go back to what ever hole you crawled out of.
This kid deserved his day in court for his actions just like the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So the star witness, who also participated in the robbery, gets a pass?

(post by motthoople removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

$48.99 box of cigars and the store probably has insurance. Yes, Brown intimidated the store clerk but that crime does not mean it's then ok for the cops to shoot him and kill him.

Police say he tried to grab the gun, witness says he didn't

Michael Brown was shot in the back multiple times while his body lay on the street for hours.

Uh, he didn't even intimidate the store clerk. The store clerk was an idiot.

You know what happened? Because I can tell you what happened right away just from watching that video.... The clerk said something disrespectful to Brown, brown then took the whole box and gave it to his buddy, grabbed another box, and basically said -- "Eff you I'm taking this" he then just tried to walk out of the store, and the CLERK, CLEARLY NOT INTIMIDATED, gets in his way, tried to block the door and puts his hands on Brown.

And at this point all brown did was physically move the clerk out of his way, which is LAWFUL I might ad, and instruct him to never touch him again, and then he continued to walk out. What the clerk tried to do was exercise the restriction of Brown's freedom of movement, in which he had NO authority to do. You can walk in ANY store, grab something off the shelf and walk out, unless they have actual security guards, nobody is allowed to stop you if you didn't threaten violence. Stores have theft insurance and loss prevention services, security cameras and police to handle situations like this. This isn't the same thing as when someone breaks in your home and attempts to steal personal possessions, it's also not the same as someone trying to steal your Car, since your Car is an extension of your home as per the castle doctrine.

This is the FURTHEST thing from a STRONG ARM robbery, this was a dispute and petty shoplifting, and the STORE CLERK did the WRONG thing by attempting to STOP the shoplifting.

I don't care where you work, JC Penny, 7-11, Circuit City, ALL those places tell you to NEVER CHASE/APPREHEND/ATTEMPT TO STOP SHOPLIFTING, the CORRECT course of action is to COMPLY with the robbery and call the police AFTER. If the store clerk could IDENTIFY Brown, he'd be arrested at his home later in the day.

I'm not saying it wasn't wrong to take the cigars, but BROWN was CLEARLY NOT violent at all, and at the time you'd EXPECT him to be violent, he just moves the guy out of his way and carries on.

Kudos to brown, a real THUG or an asshole would have punched him in the face. This was a dispute over whatever the clerk said to brown at that counter -- and as a result a pissed off Brown decided to walk out with a box of cigars.

Boo hoo, he's SUCH an ABHORRENT criminal....

You're out of your minds. All of you, the whole lot.

Also, if the store clerk thought Brown was violent, why would he put his life at risk over a $48 box of cigars???

The answer to this question is clear, obviously the conversation was NOT Brown threatening the Clerk. If he had, the clerk would have let him walk out.

The only answer I have for this is, if the store clerk was the owner, but then it's still stupid, because convenience stores make tens of thousands of dollars in profit a day, what's $48?

It's nothing -- the clerk is at fault here all day -- this doesn't condone the shoplifting, but it also doesn't paint Brown as a violent strong arm robber/scum/p.o.s. In fact, it paints him as the opposite. We'd need audio to really know what happened, but if the clerk claims his life was threatened, you already KNOW the clerk is lying, because then he'd expect you to believe he was willing to die over a box of swishers.... which is absolutely retarded.
edit on 15-8-2014 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Laykilla

So, your best expert guess is that a store clerk in a minority neighborhood is some sort of racist, says disrespectful stuff to a customer and then comes out to pick a fight with a 300lb dude?

Wow! You should be a crime scene investigator. You're brilliant!

Looked a lot more like a larceny to me. But you're the investigative genius, I'll go with what you said Sherlock.

(post by motthoople removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Post I responded to was removed
edit on thFri, 15 Aug 2014 14:24:58 -0500America/Chicago820145880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Laykilla

Uh, he didn't even intimidate the store clerk. The store clerk was an idiot.

You know what happened? Because I can tell you what happened right away just from watching that video.... The clerk said something disrespectful to Brown, brown then took the whole box and gave it to his buddy, grabbed another box, and basically said -- "Eff you I'm taking this" he then just tried to walk out of the store, and the CLERK, CLEARLY NOT INTIMIDATED, gets in his way, tried to block the door and puts his hands on Brown.

So you're saying he was just minding his business being an honest citizen, who was than verbally assaulted? A small Indian store owner decided in a predominately black neighborhood to start a dispute with a large heavy black man for...?

edit on 8/15/2014 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
To quote Text
"that cop did all his future victims a big favor by ridding us of him while he was still a budding criminal."
You can be as disgusted as you like you probably don't live there so you'll never be one of his victims.
Well you wont now coz he's dead.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMainEvent
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

So..... Stealing some cigars is an automatic death penalty ?

I think the media is just trying to white wash the real issue here. An unarmed man was gunned down in the street... Yet again. While Micheal Brown was far from innocent in this scenario. I still think the police should investigate this shooting as a homicide.... I'll hold my breath and wait for that to happen. lol.

All over 40 dollars.... what a waste....

Who will face charges first? Tony Stewart for running over Kevin Ward or the cop that shot Michael Brown?

(post by Laykilla removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: supamoto
a reply to: Sremmos80
To quote Text
"that cop did all his future victims a big favor by ridding us of him while he was still a budding criminal."
You can be as disgusted as you like you probably don't live there so you'll never be one of his victims.
Well you wont now coz he's dead.

Sounds like you can join him at the next rally. Bring the good sheets, it's a celebration after all

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

In an interview with msnbc’s Lawrence O’Donnell, Tiffany Mitchell described hearing tires squeak and seeing “Michael and the officer wrestling through the [car] window.” Brown, she said, was struggling to get away while the officer continued to try to pull him closer. Concerned, Mitchell pulled out her phone, at which point she said the first shot was fired “through the window.” Mitchell then saw Brown break away from the officer’s grip and run down the street from the police vehicle.

“The officer gets out of his vehicle,” Mitchell said, “and he pursues him,” continuing to shoot at Brown. “Michael’s body jerks as if he was hit,” Mitchell explained, “and then he put his hands up,” and the officer continued to shoot at Brown until the teenager collapsed “all the way down to the ground.”

New witness emerges in the shooting death of Michael Brown

Another article:

FERGUSON, Missouri (CNN) — While Michael Brown appeared to tussle with an officer before he was shot dead, he didn’t enter the police cruiser as authorities claim he did, two witnesses told CNN.

The women’s accounts corroborate that of a previous witness, all three of whom said the officer fatally shot the unarmed teen.

Witnesses to Michael Brown’s shooting detail his last minutes

edit on 15-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: Eta

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join