It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levitation Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I am not sure what you can make of this. It felt so real. While in bed, asleep, I remember having a dream, I think it was probably lucid. At some point I heard a repeating aum chant in back of my mind, except it sounded slightly different, it had more power and resonance to it. The moment I shifted my awareness to the repeating aum sound. My body become very light, and I felt a surge going from top to bottom, and then I levitated, and I could feel myself rising, hovering above my bed. I then opened my eyes, and I was some 6 feet in the air.

Wow that was brilliant. I decided, that I wanted to fly in the sky. So, I changed the setting to outside in some meadows(?) and was flying in the sky. At which point, my setting automatically changed to my room. As if the meadows was the dream, and my room was the waking-reality. I remembered waking up as well. Then I heard the aum chant again, and once again, I rose up into the air, this time eyes open.

I was really enjoying this. I remember thinking to myself, "Oh my god if this is real, I can't wait to tell those people at the forums"
I did it a few times, as I had unlocked a password to levitating. I was floating across the room. I tried changing the chanting sound, into a mozart like musical, and I felt I was rising more rapidly, faster.

Then I woke up. It was definitely a dream, but I don't know what it was trying to tell me? Perhaps it was letting me know that there is a connection between sound and levitation.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I am glad for you Indigo...

Is this the first time you dreamt of flying...levitating..???
another thing I would wanna ask you but I'm not sure if it's appropreate to do so.....but I guess there's not much point in wondering....
Have you ever 'experimented' with hullucigenic plants....liquides or LCD..
did you ever have a Real trance...??
From what I gather you are well read in the' paranormal'...so I imagine you do some meditating of some sort...Have you done any yesterday befor you went to sleep...did you listen to any music..read something perhaps.....
I just want to have an idea of your state of mind befor you closed your eyes...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horus_Re
I am glad for you Indigo...

Is this the first time you dreamt of flying...levitating..???
another thing I would wanna ask you but I'm not sure if it's appropreate to do so.....but I guess there's not much point in wondering....
Have you ever 'experimented' with hullucigenic plants....liquides or LCD..
did you ever have a Real trance...??
From what I gather you are well read in the' paranormal'...so I imagine you do some meditating of some sort...Have you done any yesterday befor you went to sleep...did you listen to any music..read something perhaps.....
I just want to have an idea of your state of mind befor you closed your eyes...

Nope, never done any drugs or '___', nor alcohol or tobacco. I am a good boy

Yes, I do meditate, but recently it's been several weeks where I haven't done any.

I've had dreams of flying, floating, and even astral projections, a couple of times before, but they are rare. This was unique..

No, I did not listen to any music, or read any books, and the last time I read something on levitation, was a few months ago, out of interest. Before I went to sleep, I was not thinking of anything to do with levitation meditation and the paranormal. It was a very surprising and spontaneous dream.

What do you make of it?

[edit on 5-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Interesting. It would be cool to levitate. Do you remember the chant you made my heart? It would be a cool little thing to know.

-Chris

[edit on 12/5/2004 by Legend]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Indigo..I will look into it..I have hade countless flying dreams and even once I was falling out of the sky ..I mean It was out of the atmoshere and the speed was phenomenal...I have always had lucid dreams,I even seem to observe them and ask myself things about what they show me there and than..my personal Doctor & close friend told me once that I was lucky to have such a control over them..I always thought it was a common thing..that happened to everyone..Till she explained to me that she had been travelling to Amsterdam to take lessons in learning the art of lucid dreaming.(she had also been a disciple of Osho for 4 years in the U.S.).mind you I did have a close call with death twice actually and what I felt I can barely put into words..however I can tell you I did look down at my 'physical body' sitting on the couch where I was when I almost passd away..I had 2 trances where I left my body and I flew like at speed of sound and I ran on the beech in st'trope in france and the first time it scared the life out of me..I was trembling for atleast six hours & my skin was as white as a candle,however I must add that it was brought on by a strong LCD and I had meditated on it,while listening to the song by camel,child of the universe...Two older friends of mine who saw it at the time explained to me that I had been lucky to have flown towards the light,apparenty i could have gone towards darkness and that would have been an even scaryer experience..they told me how Indians used peyote & maskaline to have these trances....but I must add that I also know of a person who was'nt quite so lucky and remained disturb from his experience..thus I suggest that no one would try this atall...

You know you should try out the 'Kundalini' meditation with the proper music and follow the exact steps..and most of all don't hold back..let go and experience it at full trottel..or the natarai..

[edit on 5-12-2004 by Horus_Re]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think this move was a bit inappropriate. As the topic criteria fits the paranormal, than it does "dreams, premonitions and predictions" it's more about levitation and sound, and how this was revealed in a dream.
Anyway, I'm not going to complain. (
)

Thanks for the advice Horus. I do not recommend you continue '___', because you may find your experiences lose their credibility, for yourself or others, as it would just be attributed to the effects of the drug itself. Also, any of these mind-altering drugs, diminish your own control over your mind, and can be quite harmful to your mental health, and even make you a target of negative spirits.

I will try the Kundalini meditation. Although, I've noticed that a lot of meditations that go by different names, in the end are all the same, and have the same purpose.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hello indigo,
I like your posts theyre very excellent, and i first remember you from the steelmarkonline forums lol. I think i may know something that coould be helpful to you. You said "Perhaps it was letting me know that there is a connection between sound and levitation." You are absolutely correct, just look at this link about some tibetan monks. It's quite interesting and is very logical actually, its part of Crystalinks, perhaps you have been to this website. Well i reccommend you read it all, apparently these amazing monks have known how to levitate objects through sound waves for a longggggg time, i wish i were a monk, such spiritual people they truely are amazing. Anyways here the link, enjoy!

www.crystalinks.com...
Best wishes,
Dani

top topics

join