It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pig Pen and the Pearl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The Pig Pen and The Pearl

A son is born to a farmer's wife, and seven summers went by as he grew. For seven years, the boy spoke nothing and his parents grieved. The boys mother took him to church weekly and had everyone pray for healing, but the boy never spoke. The father was a very hard worker and when the boy wasn't at church he was watching his father or reading a book. After a few months, the boy began helping his father with task as he learned how to do them. However, one day after church the boy changed. Rather than watch his father or reading the boy would spend his spare time wandering around the pig pen. He would stop and pet one here and there, occasionally he would bend down and rub his hands in the mud. His parents began to get upset with there son as he would even sneak out there late at night. They began to worry for his safety so they tried scolding the boy when he went out to the pig pen, but nothing seemed to get through to him. He would just look at them with that innocent face and a stare. One night the mother walked into find a page ripped from her Bible with a small paragraph ripped and laying on top of the Bible, it read:

“Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and [a]by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.

“Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."

The mother went to the boy showed him the passage. The boy smiled and walked outside and began to wander around the pig pen. He was especially interested in the new drift of piglets. He would wander here and wander there and occasionally bend and study the piglets with what looked like love and compassion. The mother could not understand what the boy was doing. She began crying and pleading with God to heal her son, and she kept pleading for 8 winters as the boy grew, he continued to meddle in the mud.

One night he was outside and his mother felt the need to go pray for God to heal her son as he was wandering the pig pin in a thunderstorm. She walked outside on to the porch and looked as her son wandered the pig pen seemingly oblivious to the rain and thunder as he wandered and rubbed his hands all around in the mud. The boy stopped wandering and just stared at the ground his mother worried for his safety walked out and began to plead with him. She began begging him to come inside. He looked at his mother for what seemed to her as eternity. He then knelt down and grabbed something out of the mud. He rubbed around his hands for a moment or two then walked slowly to his mother and handed her a white pearl. The mother was awestruck as her son simply gave her a hug and a kiss and walked inside. She stood in the rain staring at the pearl for hours longer before turning in. The next day she woke to find her son with bags packed standing at the door. Confused she began to ask him where he was going. He leaned in gave her a kiss, and as he walked off on his own he yelled back to her, "I am off to find the pearls lost amongst the pig pen called the World."

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Nice story. If only it were true!

What's the significance of the boy "growing during summers" and his mother "crying during the winters"?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

It can be true. It should talk about the divorced father who is angry at the mother and how the boy uncovering the pearls can lead to their reconciliation... lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I am at work I would love to hear what you think and ill respond when I get home

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Summer is a season in which the days are longer and the shadows have a hard time finding there way. The light is most prevalent in the Summer. In Agriculture, Summer represents a growth and fullness. The boy grows not just physically but spiritually under the watchful eye of God.

Winter is a time in which that land is resting. It symbolizes loneliness despair and death. The mother feels left alone as she believes God to be resting throughout the 8 years she begs and pleads for her son. You will notice that the boy is oblivious to the weather after winter is mentioned as though he is shielded from it.

The story makes a bit more sense if you know that I wrote in a way to express how I feel about my approach with non-believers. I have heard many Christians on ATS and in person use this verse “Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces,"
many times as an excuse to ignore non-believers or shun them off as these ignorant fools, and I'll admit there are some of those out there who try at anything to discredit the Bible out of hate. Many have had problems with the Church or some facet of their life in which they believe God should have intervened, but will never admit to such things and they have no interest in truth. I believe my job is to love absolutely everyone. I am not here to change ones beliefs, but only to share what I consider truth out of love. Because even if I don't know you or have never talked to you it would be exciting to me to know that I would get to see you and rejoice in heaven with you.

new topics

top topics

join