It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Michael Brown robbing store just before being shot to be released today.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven
I am going to retract my statements regarding immunity at this time as I cannot locate the source I read earlier.

Regardless, Mr. Johnson confirmed that Mr. Brown did indeed commit a felony and there is no longer room for debate regarding that aspect of the situation.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Now is not the time to "pick a side" now is the time to take a breath, step back, and let calmer heads prevail. When you act, it is better to act smart,not fast.
a reply to: zysin5

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I am going to retract my statements regarding immunity at this time as I cannot locate the source I read earlier.

Regardless, Mr. Johnson confirmed that Mr. Brown did indeed commit a felony and there is no longer room for debate regarding that aspect of the situation.

" Because Johnson is now a federal witness, Bosley said he will not be doing anymore television interviews. "

"The lawyer would not tell Lemon whether Dorian Johnson was able to make a deal with the FBI for immunity for telling them what happened, "

Because Johnson is now a federal witness.

www.mediaite.com...

Because Johnson is now a federal witness.

take it for what its worth.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Why are people avoiding the fact that a supposedly trained police officer murdered a supposedly unarmed civilian? Whether or not he thought he was armed is no excuse in either case. I have to wonder how those who feel the victim's death was justified would feel if it was their child or sibling who died from six gunshot wounds by a police officer. I cannot believe that people justify a murder at all, let alone because the victim stole some cigars. The police department is trying to shame the victim instead of the murderer and its obviously working on the apathetic morons of our country.

I read a recent, distasteful article that I couldn't tell was a joke or not - buzzpo.com...-11545

I came up with my own tips

7 Tips to Keep Yourself From Murdering an Unarmed Man

1. Don't shoot if the suspect's hands are in the air
2. Know where your trigger finger is
3. Use pepper spray
4. Use a stun gun
5. Shoot the legs
6. Don't abuse your power
7. Remember that you're not a judge

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Now is not the time to "pick a side" now is the time to take a breath, step back, and let calmer heads prevail. When you act, it is better to act smart,not fast.

You have proved to be right in the past here. So I digress and agree. But hey I did a little better this time and didn't fall off the tracks totally!

Every time I get overly passionate about this, something happens, and I must re collect my thoughts, and you're right, take a step back, take a deep breath, and let calmer heads take the lead here..
A star for you.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Holding back autopsy reports.

Holding back dash cam footage.

Didn't interview primary witness (his friend).

But they release video that helps their case that he "deserved to die".

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ki11erCosby
Why are people avoiding the fact that a supposedly trained police officer murdered a supposedly unarmed civilian?

Two things.

First, no one here knows for certain that anyone was murdered, the rational people will wait for the forensic evidence and allow due process to run its course.

Second, this thread is not about the subsequent shooting, it is to show that Mr. Brown was engaged in committing a felony only minutes prior and what his possible mindset may have been when confronted by police.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Why are people avoiding the fact that a supposedly trained police officer murdered a supposedly unarmed civilian?

Because they want a character assassination and to rationalize his death as morally just, "well he wasn't exactly an angel anyway so it's ok for him to be shot".

You can say that about many young males growing up in a bad neighborhood where violence’s, helplessness’s, hopelessness’s and rampant underdeveloped behavior and use that to justify police being trigger happy. Everyone will just shrug their shoulders and cops keep getting away with premature killings and brutality.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats

Because they want a character assassination and to rationalize his death as morally just, "well he wasn't exactly an angel anyway so it's ok for him to be shot".

You can say that about many young males growing up in a bad neighborhood where violence’s, helplessness’s, hopelessness’s and rampant underdeveloped behavior and use that to justify police being trigger happy. Everyone will just shrug their shoulders and cops keep getting away with premature killings and brutality.

No, because the above is not a fact. All we know is a cop shot and killed a man. That's it. We do not know if the shooting was justified or not.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

So, police were arresting city council members?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
So, police were arresting city council members?

Yes.

Antonio French, an alderman of St. Louis, MO, was arrested late last night during the riots in Ferguson over the death of Michael Brown.

They also tear gassed a state senator.
edit: and shot at her with rubber bullets, too it seems.
edit on 10Mon, 18 Aug 2014 10:30:19 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

And did each of them disobey an order to disperse?

Guess that even a politician isn't above the law.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

I don't know. Did they?

You seem to be jumping to that conclusion.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I would have to lend to the idea that they were given that order.

Don't know for sure though, as I am not or was not there.

Seems that the people there still have a thirst for rioting and looting.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
We've seen in live footage that the police have opened up on nonviolent people with gas and less-lethal projectiles, so I have some doubt on that.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Sooooo, here is what we have.
When given a lawful order to disperse, this gives the LE working it the authority to remove the people(s) involved.
I shed not one single tear for people, peaceful or not, that get tagged with rubber bullets and CS.

Given to totality of the situation, where people are/were rioting and looting, the LE department deemed not to go hands on with those that refuse the order.

Now, this is outside of my feelings for the whole situation. Thems be the facts.

Those elected officials are playing the public, as they would have, or should have, knowledge of such things.

Since the LE working this whole thing really don't know what is in the minds of people there, and since there is still rioting and looting, I don't blame them for acting in the way that LE did.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
And can you confirm that a lawful order to disperse happened prior to the alderman getting arrested or the state senator getting gassed and shot at by rubber bullets?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
And can you confirm that a lawful order to disperse happened prior to the alderman getting arrested or the state senator getting gassed and shot at by rubber bullets?

That is a policy that every PD I have ever heard of in the US has.
Kind of like what drives a knock/no-knock warrant.

Now, can I confirm that?? Nope, I wasn't there.

Would I bet lunch on that? Sure would.
edit on 18-8-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I can just hope we can agree on one thing.
This whole thing has become a whole new issue.
It is more than Just Mike Brown.
Brown was just the last straw, to decades of abuse and injustice.

And I do stand and speak with all these people who have been done dirty by this system.
This system has some serious flaws. (But what system doesn't, but I think we can do better than this. A system that extorts its people daily. Turning people like Brown into common thugs. When the REAL thugs, they wear suits and ties, they hold titles like CEO, presidents, Bankers. They are the real criminals. All these little gang bangers, are nothings compared to the real Crime element in this country/world.)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: zysin5 Well things have taken a new turn. From freedom12 posted in the Ferguson what you're not being told thread: 1) After initial contact with the teens about getting out of the street he pulled over to the side of the street, then claims he heard on Police radio about the robbery and description matched teens.
2)Officer claimed teens ran after initial struggle/discharge of officers gun inside squad car. He then says teens stopped, turned around, and talked # to him. At that point M Brown charged him, officer fired multiple rounds, with first few impacts on M Brown' s arms. Then as M Brown continued to charge the officer despite being struck 4 times, the officer then fired 2 head shots dropping M Brown just a few feet short of the officer. Officer also thinks M Brown was most likely intoxicated in some form.

Really starting to look like this was a clean shooting and not a watershed moment in Posse Comitatis after all, which is ok because you can't have a criminal as the face of your ant-'police movement.

edit on 18-8-2014 by abe froman because: sp

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join