It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Michael Brown robbing store just before being shot to be released today.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think we should be more concerned about why and how these people like the store owner can come over here and be put to the front of the line for gov. aid to open up stores. Debo was wrong for stealing but i'm sure inside he felt like the store owner took someones job.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I agree with what you have just posted. The problem I have is that Michael grabbed the shopkeeper. The instant Michael grabbed the shopkeeper he committed an assault. That is a felony. If there was a disagreement, you talk not grab and push. You cannot just get mad and touch someone in a violent manner just because things did not go your way. Think about it.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

That's pretty much how I see it too.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Naw. He just felt entitled to take what wasn't his.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

He lay hands on someone half his size. He left the premises with something that did not belong to him. Theft and assault. Period. It's that simple in spite if mental gymnastics to justify theft and assault.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc
That is literally what happened (save for the speculation) in the video.
If you call what happened in the video mental gymnastics, you're mad.

If it was theft (which it really does look like), there was assault, which turns it to strong arm robbery.
If it wasn't theft (it can't be seen whether or not he paid at all), it wasn't assault. That's been my position from the beginning.

A simple question: does a clerk hand you a pack of cigars/cigarettes from behind the counter before or after you pay?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Before; then they expect you to pay. At least in most parts of St Louis city and county. That includes North County.
edit on 16-8-2014 by feldercarb because: need breathe after before.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc Grow up in a balck neighborhood where all the officials are mostly white and the stores are mostly run by people not born in the u.s. then you may get the sense that undo pressure is being put on your community as a whole. let that simmer for 18 yrs and what you will be left with is social oppression by proxy. It is not an excuse for any crime but is something that should be addressed by the nation. I have seen it too many times in my life where someone comes over and opens up a store then defaults on the gov. loan then reopens in their brother or cousins name just to squeeze more from the gov.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I think we should be more concerned about why and how these people like the store owner can come over here and be put to the front of the line for gov. aid to open up stores. Debo was wrong for stealing but i'm sure inside he felt like the store owner took someones job.

Did you really just bring up some kind of make believe affirmative action being the avenue for which this guy was able to open a store in the United States of America, where we have no rules for who can and cannot open a store? And then suggest that the theft of jobs could be the reason that this young man decided to steal cigars?

Holy crap, my mind is completely blown. I would love to go deeper into this, but I can't really find words to describe my disbelief accurately.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb

Before; then they expect you to pay. At least in most parts of St Louis city and county. That includes North County.

Interesting. It's different here in Oklahoma, I thought it might be the same elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

I believe that the US government give "legal" immigrants money for relocation. They can pool that money to start businesses. The business tend to be service type businesses. Realize that a person from Jamaica is more likely to succeed in business than a person from a US poor background probably because they don't have that 18 years of baggage.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

From an outside view, it seems as though there are 2 sides arguing here: 1 that believes that the act of theft and assault make it OK for this young man to be shot dead, and 1 that reserves judgement until the crime is proven and that the 2 are unrelated. That is just how it seems though, and I can't believe that is actually the case.

Certainly you aren't arguing that this felonious act justifies this young man being shot dead right? I am not singling you out, but you are the last one to seemingly be making this argument. You are not alone on these boards, many other people seem to be of the opinion that the shooting and death are justified because of the theft and assault. Which both disgusts me as well as boggles my mind. We have a judicial system that separates policing of citizens and judgement of criminals for a reason.

I don't believe you are actually making this argument though, it just seems that way. You seem to be smarter than that.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I have visually confirmed that, NO the person in these photos is not wearing the same clothes.

The photo in the store shows long shorts, while the guy's shorts on the pavement are not long.
The photo in the store shows him wearing flipflops with short socks on. While the guy on the pavement appears to be wearing shoes.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve You may want to research into why so many shops are owned by peeps that are not from the u.s.

I honestly wish i just made that up but sadly it is a fact that they get gov. aid that us citizens can not to the tune of hundreds of thousands at a time.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I don't think there is anyone arguing there wasn't serious crimes committed. There are those that want to reserve judgement until they can see more evidence and those that have made their judgments already.

Who is Debo? Is that your oh so clever nic naming MIchael Brown after the character from "Friday"?

I know that immigrants can get business loans that locals may not be able to get, I just don't see how it is relevant to this case what so ever outside of some kind of prejudice.
edit on 8/16/2014 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You should go outside right now and follow his steps and see what happens. Go take some things that are not yours then walk down the middle of the street then when the police come you should assult them inside their cruiser. Get back to us and let us know how that turns out.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

What are you even talking about? It seems to me you are not taking full advantage of reading comprehension or critical thinking in regards to what I have typed here.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

lol I can't argue with that. My main point is that if you take to a life of crime it will get you in the end. Karma is real just as our laws are. Do not assult the police and expect to not be leaded. The point about the store owner is that debo would not have robbed a black or white store owner like that. The white owner would have shot him and the black owner is seen as part of the community. The reason the store owner did not report the crime is because he knew the community would have rebeled because he is not an american to most.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What I find bothersome/sad, is that I've noticed quite a few African-american's on social media sites like Facebook, who are calling out this kid and sticking behind the result and are being called an "uncle Tom" for that.... I'm sorry that bad things sometimes happen to bad people... Oh wait, no I'm not... I will save my sadness and feelings for those who are victims to thugs/gang bangers, not one who's luck seemed to run out...

Why is it that when you are an African American and go against the grain to what society wants you to think/believe you are automatically an Uncle Tom?
edit on 16-8-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join