It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Michael Brown robbing store just before being shot to be released today.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc
Attention! You are diverting from the script.
He was an honor student, soon off to college. He and his friend were on their way to his grandmother's house. They were taking her some cake because she wasn't feeling well.
Oh, and blunts... they were taking her some BLUNTS.
Big bad wolf blah blah blah...
Thus ends the fairy tale.

edit on bu312014-08-16T14:41:53-05:0002America/ChicagoSat, 16 Aug 2014 14:41:53 -05002u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Says the person accusing an innocent man - even cleared by the police - of being an accomplice to a crime.

Did he report Brown? If not, he is an accomplice. I honestly think it would be a bad visual to arrest him now considering Brown was killed.

Your vision seems a bit prejudiced.

Quite clear, I have no emotional investment with either side so I see the facts as they are and I do not have to jump through flaming hoops to try to exonerate anyone.

edit on 16-8-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here is a question for the buying smokes theory. For Michael to buy the cigars he has to give money to the cashier. The cashier has to accept the money to complete the transaction. If the cashier refuses to sell the cigars to Michael because he has an expired license then no sale can occur. Thus, Michael may have attempted to buy the cigars but could not. Michael still had some of the cigars when he attempted to leave. In the state of MO that is theft. The shopkeeper attempted to block exit to ask for cigars back. Michael does not even attempt to talk to the shopkeeper but instead attacks the shopkeeper. Thus he committed assault.

What has this got to do with the shooting? It goes to Michael's frame of mind at the time of the shooting. Remember that we have only witness testimony saying that Michael was shot in the back. We do not have any other physical evidence. There is some hearsay evidence that suggest that Michael had turned around and was approaching the officer. Again that is only hearsay evidence. Now some will say that the physical evidence is corrupted due to the police being involved in the instigation. That is just the way it is.

Unique observations are:

A) Michael's friend Dorian gave back the cigars handed to him.
B) Michael's friend Dorian has admitted that Michael was the one in the robbery video.
C) The shopkeeper was not calling the police and only gave the video to the police because he did not want to deal with the police either.

Just my observations of the information so far provided.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Did he report Brown? If not, he is an accomplice. I honestly think it would be a bad visual to arrest him now considering Brown was killed.

Quite clear, I have no emotional investment with either side so I see the facts as they are and I do not have to jump through flaming hoops to try to exonerate anyone.

An accomplice is a very distinct legal term. Do you have to report your wife if you saw her take a bag of skittles out of a store?

Don't double down on this, because you are incorrect.
An accomplice is a person who actively participates in a crime, though not the criminal offense.

Assuming Brown was guilty of theft, Johnson did not aid Brown in committing theft. He willfully withdrew from the activity in question, as he put what he was given back on the counter. He has no duty to prevent the crime, though he was at the scene. Since we know they were on foot, he did not even drive Brown there or away.

He has no duty to report the crime, but he cannot conceal it if asked. Even so, he would not be an accomplice, but might be guilty of certain other things, dependent upon relationship (Johnson was not an authority figure to Brown) or local statute (misprision is a big one, here) .

There are few hoops being leaped through here - I am arguing that there is the possibility that it wasn't theft. We shouldn't leap to that conclusion just because it appears that way. If it wasn't theft, Brown had every right to use force to escape. If it was theft, he committed assault, and thus, at least strong arm theft.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Really, he was going to his Grandma's? Because she said she passed by him in a car on her way home and was wondering where he was going...
If he was going to her house why didn't she pick him up?
What a bad Grandma...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
An accomplice is a very distinct legal term. Do you have to report your wife if you saw her take a bag of skittles out of a store?

Technically, you do. A marriage licenses does not exonerate you from observing the criminal code.

Don't double down on this, because you are incorrect.
An accomplice is a person who actively participates in a crime, though not the criminal offense.

Mr. Johnson did not report the theft until he spied with Federal Agents, he could have be charged with accessory after the fact.

Assuming Brown was guilty of theft, Johnson did not aid Brown in committing theft.

What is this 'assumption' nonsense you are pedaling? Mr. Johnson admitted there was a theft and being that Mr. Brown shoved the clerk it automatically became a felony. Why is this not registering with you? It would appear you are the only one who cannot grasp the fat came. Brown was a committed a violent felony that day.

He has no duty to prevent the crime, though he was at the scene. Since we know they were on foot, he did not even drive Brown there or away.

He has a duty, as a law abiding citizen to report the crime. What the hell planet do you live on? Try reading up on the criminal code prior to commenting. A felony was committed and not reporting a felony makes one a accessory. Do you really want to try and argue that?

Try actually looking into ALL THE FACTS before posting. Brown committed a felony, his friend event admitted as much.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Hahaha, you're hilarious. I told you not to double down on being wrong, and yet you are.

Go look up laws on reporting crime.

I'll wait.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Yeah, keep laughing:

Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both. Misprision of a felony

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, keep laughing:

Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both. Misprision of a felony

...which is not being an accomplice to a crime.
I even mentioned misprison if you read my post at all. It hasn't been edited.

That does not make him an accomplice, even if he were guilty of it. It requires concealment. You are still mistaken. Your idea that people have to report any crime that they see or they are an accomplice is wrong, save for certain situations (and I guess Texas).
edit on 15Sat, 16 Aug 2014 15:24:18 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (to) report any crime that they see (added clarification) report any crime that they see or they are an accomplice is wrong

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: crazyewok
Still the shooting is only justified if he was armed and had his gun drawn.

Maybe its my wimpy British Upbringing and weird British Values

But the police should NEVER shoot EVER unless a suspect is armed and a direct threat to the public.

The police are NOT there too be judge jury and executioner.

No, the shooting WAS justified as Brown reached into the car of the officer trying to get his gun. THAT is what the police have said happened. Trying to take an officers gun, is definitely a justifiable reason to shoot him.

Let's just hypothetically say you (as a cop) just shot a man suspected of robbery as he's running away.

What do you think the first excuse is used by a lot in that position?
My guess and it is only a guess would be "He went for my gun"
It's an instant defense, hard to prove away.

It may well be the case here the cop is 100% telling the truth but if he isn't how many
other excuses can you think of outside of "He went for my gun"

Maybe "I thought he had a weapon" is probably another, seeing as though he didn't have a weapon
he would be playing with fire using that.

Just my two cents and I'm playing devils advocate at that.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I will alter my opinion of Mr. Johnson to that if accessory since he did not report Mr. Brown's felonious behavior, which, despite your protestations, he was legally bound to do by the United States criminal code pertaining to the commission of felonies.

None of this changes the fact the Mr. Brown was a criminal and acted reprehensibly.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Again, from your link:

This offense, however, requires active concealment of a known felony rather than merely failing to report it.

The Federal misprision of felony statute is usually only used in prosecutions against defendants who have a special duty to report a crime, such as a government official.

Know your rights.
edit on 15Sat, 16 Aug 2014 15:27:22 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
A couple of other unique features to this case.

1) At the time of the Wednesday police action, both the Mayor and the Chief of Police for Ferguson were on a talk show on Channel 4 KMOV. During the show, pictures of Michael were displayed. One picture had Michael in his cap and gown. The other seemed to be a recent photograph. I assume that the family supplied the pictures. At the time the pictures seemed odd to me. In neither picture do you see a smiling Micheal. Instead Michael appears to attempting to look macho. The second picture of Michael showed just how big his biceps were. I was shocked that this was the image that was being presented. I have yet to see a picture of a smiling Michael Brown. The family now does not want people seeing pictures of Michael.

2) One of the attorneys for the Brown family has now stated that we should not be surprised if other incidents come out. This just makes people wonder more about the persona of Michael Brown.

I am just saying.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: butcherguy
Really, he was going to his Grandma's? Because she said she passed by him in a car on her way home and was wondering where he was going...
If he was going to her house why didn't she pick him up?
What a bad Grandma...

Maybe his cuzzin hooked her up with some blunts and she didn't need them any more.

I am pro 1st Amendment.
I know that police officers will do things that do not follow the Constitution.
I do not support rioting or looting.
I know that we have been misled about Michael Brown.
I am guessing that we have been misled by the police, but I have no proof of that yet.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Missouri Revised Statutes

Chapter 575 
Offenses Against the Administration of Justice 
Section 575.020 

August 28, 2013

Concealing an offense.
575.020. 1. A person commits the crime of concealing an offense if:

(1) He confers or agrees to confer any pecuniary benefit or other consideration to any person in consideration of that person's concealing of any offense, refraining from initiating or aiding in the prosecution of an offense, or withholding any evidence thereof; or

(2) He accepts or agrees to accept any pecuniary benefit or other consideration in consideration of his concealing any offense, refraining from initiating or aiding in the prosecution of an offense, or withholding any evidence thereof.

2. Concealing an offense is a class D felony if the offense concealed is a felony; otherwise concealing an offense is a class A misdemeanor. Source

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Are you still on this?
Yeah, he gets paid or receives some benefit in exchange for concealing the crime (or agrees to such), he's violating the law. Shock and awe.

Look, think about it logically. Supposing your idea true, that people not reporting are breaking the law, imagine this scenario:
You're driving down the road. An obvious police chase overtakes you. You would now be legally obligated to report that you saw someone fleeing the police, else you are guilty of something (per your suggestion earlier, being an accomplice to a crime).

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Unbelievable that anyone is still arguing on this thread. Brown was a thug and died. End of story. He didn't deserve to die for what he did but he put himself in the situation for it to occur. You reap what you sow...

He was a thug period. Nothing good was ever going to come of this waste of earth's air. If anyone thinks otherwise then please show me any evidence of it.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The guy looks in his 50's. there is no spin. A thug lay hands on someone 1/2 his size while he was stealing.

Why such machinations to justify criminal acts? This is the problem with some groups--that they will do everything they can to protect criminals.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Nonsense. You can see him lean over and pull a whole bunch of stuff out over the counter and onto the floor. These are not the acts if somone attempting to legally purchase an item.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc
Because up until something happened at the counter, nothing looked wrong.

According to the surveillance video, Brown walked in the door with Johnson. They went to the counter. There was nobody there. They stepped away from the counter. A clerk came behind the counter and they stepped back to the counter. The clerk handed at least one small box to Brown, who handed it to Johnson.

Everything looks fine at this point, then something happens and it's apparent words were exchanged.

He reaches over and grabs a box and pulls away. Some smaller boxes fall from the larger. Brown puts the larger box back on the counter, and reaches down to pick up the smaller boxes. Johnson puts his box back on the counter. The clerk moves the larger box behind the counter.

Brown gets up and pauses for a moment before heading towards the door. A clerk rushes from behind the corner to block the door, according to statements with keys in hand to lock Brown and everyone else inside. Brown shoves this clerk out of the way. He starts to step out. The clerk moves towards him, maybe says something, and Brown turns around and appears to intimidate him. Brown and Johnson leave.

Only a few minutes have passed. It does not look like he set out to steal the place.

A speculation is that, because he had just turned 18 and the ID listed in the police report is a Driver's Permit that expired nearly a year before, the clerk refused to sell him the cigars. I would like to see the truth, and it looks quite likely Brown stole some stuff from that store. Yet, it's not an absolute fact based on the video that we saw.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join