It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Michael Brown robbing store just before being shot to be released today.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I will not say it as fact because I was not there, but yes, it does appear to be him in the video. I just don't see the reason why he has to keep calling him a "thug" and making statements about black people in general when the incident is not about black people in general it is about one person and one officer, like calling him a thug and making snide remarks about black people in general will make him any more guilty and the officer's actions any more righteous. And the black folks sure as hell aren't helping their cause any either way, that much I will agree to.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
This gets me when the Mother turns up and tells us about her little boy just off to college an all, eyes wide open in all innocence. From the video the bloke acted like a thug and thief, not to miss out the fact that he was huge and could bully anyone. Would it be out of the question to ask if this was the first robbery where he thought he could take what he wanted without paying?

Whether people like it or not, this man's behaviour would have got him killed at some point its a shame Mummy and Daddy didn't teach him better when he was a kid IMHO. I do sympathize with her for loosing her son though I cannot imagine how sad she must feel.

I certainly don't condone police brutality and I think many of them are as thuggish and dangerous as Michael Brown, but I understand there is legislation in the USA being drawn up about their behaviour. I also don't condone how the Black Americans along with some whites think they can go on a rampage destroying businesses, looting and intimidating.

In the USA there seems to be a number of blacks who hate white people - the answer is simple, if you do feel that way, then go back to Africa where your heritage is, no one demands you live in America, its your choice, but cut the moaning. Or join with people who genuinely want change and add your ideas and energy into getting it along with the rest of us.

Well stated! The truth and facts are that this happens mostly in black communities where their "leaders" have instilled a sense of "we are victims" into them. Where they are played by their "leaders" so their "leaders" can maintain power and keep their jobs. Yes...Sharpton is one and Jessie Jackson is another. Psychologically...these people feel entitled to anything they want and are more than willing to steal to get it. Not all...but many want to simply leech off other people (welfare) and abuse the system. There are many upstanding black communities and people, but in this case...it is the others that rule the streets. The communities won't police themselves and are a threat to the community and outside the community. So they are policed by others. Then they still make crazy comments like "he didn't deserve this...everyone steals", etc. In reality, it sounds very much like the radical muslim problem. The majority are ruled by the violent minority and won't do anything to fix it.

Sorry folks...it isn't the police nor the "white man" keeping you down...it is your "leaders" and your own opinions. America is a great place where you can get a job, raise a family and become pretty much anything you want. If you choose to be a violent, victimized thug...that is a choice also. But the usual end result isn't very pretty. And that is where we are today. The result of how you have DECIDED to conduct your lives.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexteramLucifer

I will not say it as fact because I was not there, but yes, it does appear to be him in the video. I just don't see the reason why he has to keep calling him a "thug" and making statements about black people in general when the incident is not about black people in general it is about one person and one officer, like calling him a thug and making snide remarks about black people in general will make him any more guilty and the officer's actions any more righteous. And the black folks sure as hell aren't helping their cause any either way, that much I will agree to.

While I don't disagree with you...the reason for pointing out the kid's history and summarizing using the term "thug" is because it is part of the story. You can't simply say "cop shoots boy" without the details. These are growing as we speak. And the reason for noting that it is a black neighborhood involved in the looting, stealing, property damage is mostly because it is a fact, and the typical reaction of a black community. Not a well thought out reaction...and definitely an illegal one...but one of their choosing. There are shootings in white communities also. But you rarely see the same reaction. Sorry...but that is a fact.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

But that's just it, from what I can gather the officer did not know the now suspected thief at the time, he only saw a couple of black guys walking in the road and told them to move it up on the sidewalk if we are to believe the official story. So pointing out that he was a "thug" is of no consequence in that it had no bearing on why the officer made the initial first contact. And using that term really wouldn't bother me that much if it was applied equally across the board and just mainly to black people that you would really like to call 'n-word's.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

So roughly ten minutes. Either the cop is Robocop, or, he had no idea that Brown was the suspect.

In fact:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The LEO who gunned down Brown was unaware that a robbery occurred prior to the shooting and unaware that Brown was a suspect in such crime. Chief Jackson stated that the LEO had yet to come in prior to his encounter with Brown (had not been on duty) . Therefor the shooting was completely unrelated to the robbery.

According to Chief Jackson, Brown was encountered for walking in the street. Therefor claims implying that Brown was a fleeing robbery suspect in the eyes of the officer are moot, because he has already admitted to investigators that he was unaware of the robbery or Brown being a suspect of such prior to the shooting.

Seems what we have here is obfuscation of the truth by Police Chief Thomas Jackson. It seems the Chief thinks by releasing the robbery video, that people will assume that he was a suspect that was justifiably shot while attempting to take him in custody for a robbery.

This is a classic 101 example of how police tell lies by telling, mixing of unrelated truths. Tell two stories with a common denominator (Brown) and present them as one. Mr. Brown might as well have been bitten by a deadly snake on his way home from his crime spree.

Regardless of whether Brown is a thug, it is clear that the chief is counting on obfuscation of the truth thru massaging reality by mixing unrelated data against dead man that favors his officers case while claiming material data related to the case as classified until they've come upon a believable resolution.

Chief Jackson Brown has zero credibility left and every witness that has been interviewed thus far disputes the Ferguson PD's version of the shooting.
edit on 8/16/14 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Problem is, he's not actually committed a crime until he's left the store, thus citizen's arrest doesn't apply, so far as I can discern.

Incorrect. Attempting to remove merchandise from the property is theft. When he reached across the counter and grabbed the stores property he was in violation of Missouri statutes regarding theft or property and the shopkeeper, as was previously shown to you, was well within his rights to detain Mr. Brown.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: verylowfrequency

And people fell for it... again.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexteramLucifer
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

But that's just it, from what I can gather the officer did not know the now suspected thief at the time, he only saw a couple of black guys walking in the road and told them to move it up on the sidewalk if we are to believe the official story. So pointing out that he was a "thug" is of no consequence in that it had no bearing on why the officer made the initial first contact. And using that ei term really wouldn't bother me that much if it was applied equally across the board and just mainly to black people that you would really like to call 'n-word's.

You are correct in one aspect. However, what the video does do is demonstrate a pattern of violent behavior that gives more credence to the officers story of assault, wether he knew about the store robbery or not.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

The incident of the officer being assaulted by Brown should speak for itself, if he was indeed assaulted. Planting stills of surveillance video footage in the press packet in order to pave the way for justifying the shooting of a kid that had raised his arms in surrender seems terribly desperate. Since when is assault of a police officer cause for execution?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Is there ANY video that proves the cop killed him in cold blood or that there was NO struggle or anything leading up to Michael Brown being shot dead? I'm sorry, but the eye witness reports we are hearing that are surfacing are not credible sources. These people hate the police there, who knows, they may all be stating they "saw" something, when in fact they didn't see anything at all...

I will take a cops word over some thug any day.. sorry... And I distrust cops, but I distrust career criminals/thugs/gangbangers even more..
edit on 16-8-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

The incident of the officer being assaulted by Brown should speak for itself, if he was indeed assaulted. Planting stills of surveillance video footage in the press packet in order to pave the way for justifying the shooting of a kid that had raised his arms in surrender seems terribly desperate. Since when is assault of a police officer cause for execution?

Not cause for execution but could bring up the possibility of a justified shooting and it certainly puts doubt of the "murdered in cold blood for no reason" narrative put forth.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Since when is assault of a police officer cause for execution?

It seems to have been introduced a couple of years ago and is used on a weekly basis. Seems to be a loophole in the system due to lack of in depth investigation.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

What proof do you have that the witnesses are less than honest?

Perhaps Ferguson police should have installed dash camera in their vehicles long ago and joined the rest of the civiized, accountable society.

I live in St. Louis and know the Ferguson area well. Police brutality and corruption has been ongoing there.

The officers got the wrong man, but charged him anyway—with getting his blood on their uniforms. How the Ferguson PD ran the town where Michael Brown was gunned down.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I'll give you that one.
But I will still refrain from making a declaration of fact regarding this case in general because I was not present during either altercation and the fact that both sides have been shown so far to be twisting "facts" to fit their theory of events.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Hopefully the national attention will give us an investigation, and some accountability.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Perhaps Ferguson police should have installed dash camera in their vehicles long ago and joined the rest of the civiized, accountable society.

I live in St. Louis and know the Ferguson area well. Police brutality and corruption has been ongoing there.

The officers got the wrong man, but charged him anyway—with getting his blood on their uniforms. How the Ferguson PD ran the town where Michael Brown was gunned down.

www.thedailybeast.com...

And how do you know they aren't? The only witness that can absolutely and undeniably placed with him is his accomplice. He certainly has reason to lie. Al Sharpton has a long and well known history of creating "witnesses"--remember Tawana Brawley?

I do agree--all police cars should have cameras and in today's era of cheap and reliable recording devices, there is no excuse not to have them.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

www.thedailybeast.com...

I never said I had proof, I'm just going off my own personal beliefs, which is I trust (use that word loosely) cops more than I trust thugs... I do believe Cops want to do good, but sometimes they bend the laws/truth due to the stresses of their job today. But thugs/gangbangers offer nothing to this planet. They look to hurt, take advantage of those who can't defend themselves. They prey on the weak... I've never heard of a gangbanger doing good things in their own community, but I can find you numerous stories of cops doing good things...

When it comes to credible sources, I'm sorry, but thugs from the ghetto don't qualify for me... I will take a cops word 100 times out of 100 in this case (and I don't trust cops)... I just trust them more than thugs, who offer nothing to the world...

Maybe I sound a little jaded, but I live here in Chicago where thugs/gangbangers try to destroy this city and put fear in all the citizens lives everyday... Not good people...
edit on 16-8-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Ferguson is not Chicago, and the vast majority of Ferguson are great people. I have no reason to doubt what the witnesses said, and every reason to doubt what the police say. The cops up there have a track record of assault and wrongful arrest of the citizens. I live right next door to Ferguson, the police abuse is well and widely known.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Ferguson is not Chicago, and the vast majority of Ferguson are great people. I have no reason to doubt what the witnesses said, and every reason to doubt what the police say. The cops up there have a track record of assault and wrongful arrest of the citizens. I live right next door to Ferguson, the police abuse is well and widely known.

You stated earlier that Ferguson PD is known for police brutality, so if that's the case, I'm sure the citizens have a biased viewpoint towards them. And this event would be the perfect one, with all the national attention, to try to "stick it" to the police dept. by having all these "eye witnesses" show up stating they saw a cop kill a young man in cold blood...

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join