It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Michael Brown robbing store just before being shot to be released today.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

It doesn`t matter, his buddy already gave him up to the police.he told the police that Brown "stole" cigars from the store,the storekeeper said brown stole cigars, the video clearly shows brown stealing something, case Closed.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

Whole damned situation drives me nuts.

So far, it looks like the situation might be Tawanna Brawley meets the Keystone Cops meets the Star Wars Storm Troopers.

Madness.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Investigations take time, often weeks or months to find out everything and/or have sufficient proof if a conviction is in order.

I think its seriously jumping the gun to try to establish a legal standing now... prior to any full investigation and the closure thereof.

Just saying. Patience.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I quite agree.

The autopsy report is the next big piece of news.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Problem is, he's not actually committed a crime until he's left the store, thus citizen's arrest doesn't apply, so far as I can discern.

Suspected shoplifters can be detained, on the other hand, even without leaving the store (Missouri law is a bit broader here than some other states - many require exiting the store or concealing property, which was not done here).

Detaining does not mean you lock the doors on the suspect and everyone else inside, though. It'd probably break fire code, too.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Police are not there to be jury and make decision on what they MAY do.

That is what I always thought, but I saw that case the other day where the police stole the money from a couple and told them, we take the money or we are taking your kid. It seems the law lets the police take any large sum of cash anyone carries and they don't have to have permission to search, you must go to court and PROVE your money is not drug related...all backward!! The police are jury, and judge right at the scene of a traffic stop.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.vice.com...

www.chicagotribune.com...=1

200 cases in which Tenaha police seized cash and property from motorists.

The whole thing is scary!
edit on 15-8-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: mekhanics
a reply to: abe froman

Meanwhile in Britain:

It may not have been pretty but Id say they did a successfully job without anyone being killed.

Love how on of the police went at him with a wheely bin

US cops :Shoot on sight
UK Police: Throw bins at them.

Right?
Which country needs to be trained in tazers/rubber bullets?
Both, clearly.

I'll take UK cops any day though. Of course, UK laws are a bit messed up. The whole "We don't recognize self-defense" is a bit of an issue.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Apparently the store owners or clerks didn't call the police to report a robbery, a customer did.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I tend to agree. I hadn't got all the context to the local chiefs press conference earlier, but apparently he dropped the video bombshell without even mentioning he was going to, to anyone outside his own people. No courtesy to any other agency, while some were right in the middle of the community who could have just gone ballistic over it.

Until they at least get everyone on the same page (or a couple people off the book entirely), they can't even begin to sort a proper investigation to make progress here. At least the FBI is still handling a good portion of that. They aren't in turmoil ..but might just have words with that chief after today too. That guy is just toxic. A blast to a bad past.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

Whole damned situation drives me nuts.

So far, it looks like the situation might be Tawanna Brawley meets the Keystone Cops meets the Star Wars Storm Troopers.

Madness.

Dang..the only accurate thing yet reported on this sad spectacle. LOL!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Again, agreed. Geez.....This is the reason those cops need the dash cams. I know I sound like a broken record, sorry about that, but, it sure would have answered many questions. I'm starting to lose my wits over this case. YIKES!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Do we have a hand clapping symbol down there!! No, here ya go!!
AGREED!!
edit on 8/15/14 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Just an FYI.

I think Libertygal is on to something here and here.

Here are the two videos:

(Warning. Strong language.)

Start at 6:45.

And then this one:

So we have two videos describing Brown initially fleeing and then returning to face/rush the LEO.

Very interesting videos.
edit on 15-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys
a reply to: jrod

As a very reasonable intelligent objective person and after seeing the video of Brown strong arming the QT owner/clerk I tend to believe the police instead of the young teenage black kids that have come forward.

Look bottomline is Brown wasn't innocent and shouldn't have lost his life. But the cop isn't completely and soley at fault here. The cop is human, a being that has his own emotions, fears, anxieties that play into why he reacted the way he did. NO ONE I'm sure in this entire thread has EVER been in the same situation.

It was not a QT that was robbed. If you're going to present an intelligent argument, then at least have your "intelligence" in order. And further more, the owner of the market store that was robbed has claimed that they did not in fact call the cops, it was a customer that was in the store at the time of the altercation. And after reading the fox news article, it seems as though the store owner wants nothing to do with any of this and is only cooperating per police requests. Store Owner Statement

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DexteramLucifer

Except his main argument doesn't rest upon which store was robbed or who called it in, does it?

Strange you admonish him about intelligent arguments...

In any event, after reading your link, it sounds like the owner doesn't want his shop to end up like the Quik Trip.

edit on 16-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Actually, Yes, it does. As he keeps stating specifically that it was QT that was robbed. And keeps presenting other things as facts as to why this "thug" deserved what he got. If you're going to present things in either direction at least make sure the facts you represent are true and correct. Furthermore, if you're wanting to convince someone that your argument is the correct one, would you not at least try and make sure "all" of the information that you are presenting is correct ?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DexteramLucifer

Well, several national media sources had this wrong. The rioters had this wrong too when they spray painted 'snitches get stiches' on the side of the QT.

And what difference does it make which store was robbed? Did Brown rob a store or not? That fact no longer seems in dispute and seems much more relevant than where he did it.

GreenMtnBoys merely expressed an opinion that the LEO's version of the facts seems more believable given this new development. He also acknowledges that Brown still shouldn't have lost his life. He sees culpability on both sides.

Seems reasonable to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
This gets me when the Mother turns up and tells us about her little boy just off to college an all, eyes wide open in all innocence. From the video the bloke acted like a thug and thief, not to miss out the fact that he was huge and could bully anyone. Would it be out of the question to ask if this was the first robbery where he thought he could take what he wanted without paying?

Whether people like it or not, this man's behaviour would have got him killed at some point its a shame Mummy and Daddy didn't teach him better when he was a kid IMHO. I do sympathize with her for loosing her son though I cannot imagine how sad she must feel.

I certainly don't condone police brutality and I think many of them are as thuggish and dangerous as Michael Brown, but I understand there is legislation in the USA being drawn up about their behaviour. I also don't condone how the Black Americans along with some whites think they can go on a rampage destroying businesses, looting and intimidating.

In the USA there seems to be a number of blacks who hate white people - the answer is simple, if you do feel that way, then go back to Africa where your heritage is, no one demands you live in America, its your choice, but cut the moaning. Or join with people who genuinely want change and add your ideas and energy into getting it along with the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

the answer is simple, if you do feel that way, then go back to Africa where your heritage is, no one demands you live in America, its your choice

If you don't like what is happening you could just go back to Europe or wherever your heritage is.

but cut the moaning.

Couldn't agree more.

edit on 16-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
We don't have the entire story yet. So no determination can be made. But this is following the typical pattern. The kid appears to be a thug that pushed around a store owner (or employee) and stole a box of cigars. I really doubt that was the first time...it never is. And no...this wasn't the reason he was stopped by the cop. But what this does show as new news is that the kid was violent and a thief.

The question is where you decide the story begins. Does it start with the angry cop stopping a kid on the street for no good reason...or does it start with the kid's history? What do they say...violence begets violence and if you live by the sword you die by the sword? This boy wasn't innocent in this whole thing.

Yes...there are more facts in question than answered, but just like Trayvon Martin...this kid wasn't some pure angel and may have deserved to be arrested for a theft and battery. Not an excuse for killing...but it paints a more complete picture.

And I see we also have the rioting "shoppers" out in force again last night. Yup...didn't get the point across the other times...needed another new TV I guess.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join