It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Michael Brown robbing store just before being shot to be released today.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Witness statements don't count?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Sad thing is this black community will get NO support or sympathy from the surrounding white communities.

Actually, the black community has received the support of the surrounding white community. I live in St. Louis and can attest to your uninformed statement.

As far as the convenient store worker/owner, I feel bad for him, however he is not the only victim. The family of Michael along with every resident of Ferguson has been victimized to one extent or another

Whether Michael brown is indeed the one that stole the cigars , he didn't deserve to die over 49.00 worth of merchandise, certainly not in a surrendering position.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

No one told me anything, I formed my opinion based off of witness testimony.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Because its primary black automatically makes it a ghetto, just like the peaceful protesters were automatically rioter and looters. Just like automatically believing the cop was innocent or guilty, but really can anyone support the actions of the police thus far?

They sure got in a few days of war games against the people.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
Witness statements don't count?

They are notoriously unreliable but I do not completely discount any of them at this point. Also, we need to take into consideration the photographic evidence which shoes a deceased Mr. Brown, face down, with no visible wounds or blood stains on his back. It does not mean he was not shot in the back but it seems to contradict, at this point, the eye witnesses.

Only the full ballistics report will give the accurate story of where and how many times he was shot.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
nvm. I hadn't seen the video, i cant say that it isnt him anymore, it has to be.

edit on p5308p31Fri, 15 Aug 2014 14:53:04 -0500532204 by pimptriggs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Yeah...(sigh) I caught that too. Sadly...

Ferguson City-Data

That site gives an interactive map for shading areas of the city based on things like values, race and other factors. I was curious what it showed for that whole neighborhood, given the impression out there ... You're right. It's a Middle-Upper Middle class black neighborhood to over 80%. To me? It's a point of trivia and demographic curiosity. To some? It does seem a defining factor to how the area is described.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Because its primary black automatically makes it a ghetto, just like the peaceful protesters were automatically rioter and looters. Just like automatically believing the cop was innocent or guilty, but really can anyone support the actions of the police thus far?

They sure got in a few days of war games against the people.

But they did rob and loot on the very first "peaceful protest" night. I would say that a community that does that is somewhat a ghetto. Then to burn down the QT because the guy said Brown robbed him....yeah ghetto. Not sure how else I would classify a community that would knee-jerk react in this manner to something before any investigation is done as anything other than ghetto.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: buster2010
He has a bottle in his hands not a box of cigars.

He has one hand with a bottle .. and with the other hand he is ASSAULTING the store clerk who is obviously much smaller than he is. When people steal, they usually don't walk out with the item in their hand. It's usually stuffed in pockets or in a shirt or in the pants ...

There is a lot of spin out there with this one. I can't wait for the real facts to come out ... which ever direction they go ...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

www.mediaite.com...

Watching the lower video without commentary, if that is indeed Brown (uncertain as Cardinal hat isn't on the deceased and shoes seem different though it does look like Dorian Johnson in the convenience store with the individual there), then what he would have been charged with is not shoplifting but Robbery in the 2nd degree.

Robbery is the use of force and/or intimidation. Shoving the small guy and taking a few steps towards him would fall under use of force and intimidation. There is no weapon being used so it would not be robbery in the first degree; ergo, second degree.

Robbery in the 2nd degree would be a Class B Felony, whose sentencing would be 5-15 years in prison in the state of Missouri.

Not capital punishment. Even if it is Brown, he was still unarmed and was shot 6 times while running away based on distance between the police car and the deceased's body. Still would be a case of inappropriate use of deadly force by a police officer.

OK, let's call the store incident a class b felony. The witness said that the officer, through the window, managed to grab a 6 foot man by the neck? how could that happen unless MB was leaning down onto the car? which then implies a whole set of circumstances not being eluded to.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I wonder which department they're going to send when this is ruled a justified shooting.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You had seen the video where..apparently prior to the rioting...the St Louis County PD came roaring up Canfield Ct, right OVER the shooting scene the whole neighborhood was outside mourning with a vigil, to jump out armed for war and deafening people with sirens..before they brought dogs out.

This...kinda pissed people off. I'll be straight out in saying, if a neighbor kid was killed in the street like this, and in our moment of mourning, the people who did it came roaring BACK in like it was D-Day? I can't say how peaceful I'd remain either.

I never got a confirmation on timeline for sequence of when that vigil was run over and terrorized into being ended....but the cops were out, big as life and without any armor at that moment ..so I would say it's a safe guess, they hadn't encountered the riot they may have well STARTED by their own cold blooded actions.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

People that are not familiar with the area, and discover the large black population here automatically paint ghetto pictures all over the place.

There is not a lot of wealth in Missouri and maybe even less here in the Greater St. Louis area, but the resources are distributed better than in most large cities.

Funny how so few distinctions, between black and white were made around here in contrast with everywhere else.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Actually, I went to look at those too.

The neighborhood where he lived is the Canfield Green Apartments.

Here are some of the Google reviews of the place:

The neighborhood is out of control with break ins, robbery, drug sales, and killings. Do not live here unless u are already near death and have no voice to complaine to BBB!

And from another review:

I lived here and my apartment was robbed. The management could have cared less.

And another:

This is the worst place to stay my apt was broke into an the could care less they have so many issues they just want to get paid for soon not a thing

Doesn't sound very pleasant.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Black, white, neon ping.......doesn't matter. The area has voted in the people that were in charge of the police response.

The have the Govt they deserve.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

You had seen the video where..apparently prior to the rioting...the St Louis County PD came roaring up Canfield Ct, right OVER the shooting scene the whole neighborhood was outside mourning with a vigil, to jump out armed for war and deafening people with sirens..before they brought dogs out.

This...kinda pissed people off. I'll be straight out in saying, if a neighbor kid was killed in the street like this, and in our moment of mourning, the people who did it came roaring BACK in like it was D-Day? I can't say how peaceful I'd remain either.

I never got a confirmation on timeline for sequence of when that vigil was run over and terrorized into being ended....but the cops were out, big as life and without any armor at that moment ..so I would say it's a safe guess, they hadn't encountered the riot they may have well STARTED by their own cold blooded actions.

That I understand, but like I said....it says a LOT about the community if they will rob and loot their own. Sorry, but I don't live in a community where that is acceptable behavior, nor one where it is acceptable for a kid to strong arm rob a store clerk. Would love to see how this community is just being misrepresented, but from what I have seen of the initial incident to the reaction from them....it is a ghetto. The only reason for a police force to be that well armed is because a community is possibly a bit rougher than most don't you think? I mean I have lived all over the US and in mos of the cities I have been in, there are no police forces like that anywhere near. Granted, yes where I live now, Atlanta, there is but that is expected with the level of violence that occurs in some areas of this city.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Interesting.... Do we have anyone on ATS who knows this neighborhood by more than simple online information? Property values to the north by a few blocks and to the south by a few blocks drop. The values in that specific area look solid and healthy..so it would seem to conflict?

We need a tie breaker with local perspective.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

They voted in the Police Chief? Really?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

If this was an isolated incident of excessive force by a police in Ferguson, I do not think the community would have reacted so violently. The timeline and events leading up to the riots go back decades, the Brown shooting was just a spark in a volatile environment.

I do not think the video is conclusive, especially when it comes from the Ferguson PD. Let's say the FBI is able to use facial recognition software to match the faces, then we have some solid evidence. Right now the evidence is scanty at best. Mr. Brown is about the same height, weight and skin color.

I live in a small town of about 10,000. Within 2 miles of me, I can think of at least 10 acquaintances that are about the same height, weight, and skin color as me. The video alone does not prove Mr. Brown was the robber, and if he was it does not explain the shooting.
edit on 15-8-2014 by jrod because: i t

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Wow ..just heard the news the confrontation between Wilson and Brown had nothing to do with the video...unbelieveable. So why release the video if not to imply a connection or smear the victim? Crazy days.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
So let's see. shoplifting and petty theft get you a death sentence in Ferguson. Got it. Some of you guys are okay with that?

Horrible.

No, shoplifting, roughing up a store owner trying to protect his store, and wrestling for a police officers gun will get you a death sentence though.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join