It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Michael Brown robbing store just before being shot to be released today.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
post removed as it was based on mistaken information
edit on 15Fri, 15 Aug 2014 15:17:04 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
And you probably think all young black men look the same.

Can you make more of a jackass, veiled racist comment than that? Frankly you owe me an apology as you have no clue as to my background and interactions with people of differing ethnicities than myself.

There is plenty of room for error based on the camera. I have been mistaken for someone else several times. It happens.

Watch the video I just linked.

In case you missed it:

edit on 15-8-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Is presser a new thing? I hadn't seen it until a day or two ago. Just press release right?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Hey Loam.. Do me a favor? Pretend I am on such a pathetic, crippled internet connection that I can't even load Google Earth as a joke. (then realize...we aren't pretending here)

What is the street address to enter for a direct map lock onto that Quiktrip? I've looked and looked and looked until I just threw my hands up and the service I actually need data for seems to consider Canfield so small a little cow path, it's entirely silly to list it...leaving me totally lost to find a building in a city of them.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Is presser a new thing? I hadn't seen it until a day or two ago. Just press release right?

They are synonyms.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I am 100% convinced that this is Mr. Brown as the person with him is obviously his friend and eyewitness. There is no longer room for doubt.

Well one thing is clear.......Dorien Johnson did not reveal the entire context of the situation.

Compare with:

edit on 15-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: SkepticOverlord It has been noted several times already that the video in no way makes the department less crooked or less in need of a full top down investigation.

I agree. The only thing it explains is why Mike Brown may have been singled out, while walking in the street… he matched the description of the rober.
edit on 15-8-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
What is the street address to enter for a direct map lock onto that Quiktrip?

C lick on this link.

edit on 15-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Did all of you just watch the press conference of the police chief???

What a cluster#!!!

Now the police chief is saying that the police officer had no idea Brown was a suspect in the robbery when he stopped him.

No matter the outcome of this...the Ferguson police chief is incompetent.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: SkepticOverlord It has been noted several times already that the video in no way makes the department less crooked or less in need of a full top down investigation.

I agree. The only thing it explains is why Mike Brown may have been singled out, while walking in the street… he matched the description of the rober.

The police chief just said that officer Williams had no idea Brown was a suspect in the robbery.

It is crazy how badly they are screwing things up.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Meanwhile, the same community burns down his business.

And they paint "Snitches get stitches" on the building.

I believe the "Snitches get sticthes" slogan was for the benefit of Al Sharpton, that famous Federal informant, who exploits these incidents to further escalate racial tensions. Even the black community is tired of his act and he was more than unwelcome when he made his cameo appearance this past week.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Even the black community is tired of his act...

One could only pray. He is a parasite and a rabble rouser that serves no other purpose than to be using oxygen that I could be.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
post removed as it was based on mistaken information
edit on 15Fri, 15 Aug 2014 15:17:28 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
a reply to: Tardacus
Simply that the narrative that the shooting occurred immediately after the alleged robber is incorrect.

There were two hours between the incidents in question.

You are incorrect....scroll to the last page of the document you linked.....it shows the shooting and responders occurred around 12:04....minutes after the robbery.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Meanwhile, the same community burns down his business.

And they paint "Snitches get stitches" on the building.

I believe the "Snitches get sticthes" slogan was for the benefit of Al Sharpton, that famous Federal informant, who exploits these incidents to further escalate racial tensions. Even the black community is tired of his act and he was more than unwelcome when he made his cameo appearance this past week.

Or maybe it was the obvious... the owner of the QuikyMart (a different race) that called the cops on Michael Brown and Dorian Johnson after they robbed his store?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
That poster was incorrect.....if you scroll to the last page of the report you find the actual timeline....shooting occurred at 12:04 or thereabouts.

You are mistaken. Refer to the report.

The incident report is about an alleged robbery. It does not document the shooting. The alleged robbery was just before 12pm.

The police arrived at the QT several minutes later, just after noon.

The shooting was just after 2pm. It's documented elsewhere, in news reports, and even wikipedia as being after 2pm.

No the part of the report that you are referring to is incorrect. If you look where I said to look it clearly states the Canfield corner where Brown was shot and all the reporting officers that were dispatched there at the same time.

12:04 is the timestamp for the event and dispatch to Canfield where Brown was encountered and shot.

Here is a screenshot to help:

edit on 8/15/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: buster2010
He has a bottle in his hands not a box of cigars.

He has one hand with a bottle .. and with the other hand he is ASSAULTING the store clerk who is obviously much smaller than he is. When people steal, they usually don't walk out with the item in their hand. It's usually stuffed in pockets or in a shirt or in the pants ...

There is a lot of spin out there with this one. I can't wait for the real facts to come out ... which ever direction they go ...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

www.mediaite.com...

Watching the lower video without commentary, if that is indeed Brown (uncertain as Cardinal hat isn't on the deceased. it does look like Dorian Johnson in the convenience store with the individual there), then what he would have been charged with is not shoplifting but Robbery in the 2nd degree.

Robbery is the use of force and/or intimidation. Shoving the small guy and taking a few steps towards him would fall under use of force and intimidation. There is no weapon being used so it would not be robbery in the first degree; ergo, second degree.

Robbery in the 2nd degree would be a Class B Felony, whose sentencing would be 5-15 years in prison in the state of Missouri.

Not capital punishment. Even if it is Brown, he was still unarmed and was shot 6 times while running away based on distance between the police car and the deceased's body. Still would be a case of inappropriate use of deadly force by a police officer.

** This image of the deceased shows a match in the shoes. Hat may have been discarded or fallen off during altercation. I think it's likely that Brown was, in fact, the individual in the surveillance video. However that still does not equate to the use of deadly force.

i.ytimg.com...
edit on 15/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added **

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Gracias!

I finally found it by other streets on the service I needed info from. What I saw on your graphic was a Golf Club a block or so south of the street he was on, and he's been said to be in his own neighborhood, right? Well...we've also been left with the impression this was a bad neighborhood or bad part of town or something. ...with a golf club???

Okay.. I admit, it could be a real crappy golf club, so I looked up on Zillow. (a service that shows recent and current market values for property, as well as tax assessment values in higher zoom.) The neighborhood (and I don't know or want his own precise address...not important) is average to above average on home values for the city. Sales are light, but zoom reveals tax assessments and that has above average levels as I could see for Ferguson. Not by a lot, but it doesn't have to be to confirm which side of average it sits on.

Just food for thought here and factors to weigh in looking at the whole situation. This was not a ghetto neighborhood, looking at everything else here.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Hm. I'm willing to admit that I could be wrong.

Expanding my search for information, I'm seeing conflicting reports.

Some are saying just after noon and others just after 2pm.

Edit: Or the story is changing. Look at the Wikipedia for it, for example:
~2:00 p.m. shooting of Michael Brown
~12:00 p.m. shooting of Michael Brown
edit on 14Fri, 15 Aug 2014 14:47:55 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

edit2: I'd like to formally withdraw incorrect notion that the shooting occurred after 2pm. That seems to have been a separate incident. The shooting of Michael Brown occurred just after noon, as documented on twitter.

Proof that incident occurred just after noon:
DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE A DEAD BODY
twitter.com...
DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE A DEAD BODY

edit on 15Fri, 15 Aug 2014 15:19:04 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
After watching the video taken in the store 2 things I noticed. 1. the big guy has nothing in his hands as he places both hands behind his back. 2. At no point while he is at he counter does he reach in his pockets or get money from his friend. You can see he reaches in to the counter area and comes out with something, then, he turns and walks towards the door where we see the clerk trying to confront him.

The next thing I noticed from the picture vs. the video: the foot wear looks like similar in the video and picture. The pants and shirt are very similar. The thing that struck me most is, in the still picture where MB is lying face down, there is nothing of note on his back. No blood stains etc. Eye witness said he was sot in the back though.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join