It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson police name Darren Wilson as officer who shot Michael Brown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedog1973
a reply to: sheepslayer247

You seemed to be able to keep up with the flawed information. oh Snap.

I'm trying my best. I have a lot of things I'm working on while trying to keep up on this story. I do apologize.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Attention!

I have been shown that there may be an error here!
Here is a link to antediluvians post
It turns out that the Ethical Society of Police say that the President is a different person than the shooter.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: zysin5
a reply to: govmule

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. I agree with you.
As you said. Lets just say for hypothetical speak here, Mike robs for some cigars. And gets shot over it.
They are saying it is Legal for a cop to shoot a fleeing felon.
Yeah but is Mike a felon for stealing some cigars? Total Bull to me here.

NO matter what, he should not have been shot.

But cops are legally allowed to shoot any fleeing "felon".

Such twisted webs they use in the legal and terms.. And people wonder why others get so upset, and maybe just maybe have some compassion for those out here who are getting screwed by a system who is going to screw us one day. Kill one of our friends, our family.

I say let's wait for the investigation.

Right now, you have one side of the story from Michael Brown's friend. Now if it turns out to be true that Brown robbed that store and his friend was with him...then the friend has a little credibility problem because he hasn't said anything about the robbery.

From what I know, and I may have missed other information, Brown's friend that was with him is the only witness...and he is the one telling everyone that Brown had his hands up and running away when he was shot. Is he telling the truth? I don't know...but what I know is that we currently only have one side of the story. The only part of the story we have from the police side is that it does seem like the officer was injured enough to have to go to the hospital.

We don't know the whole story yet, I don't know who is at fault or who is innocent...or if possibly neither side is innocent. From my point of view, nothing that the police have released today has contradicted anything or created any type of web of lies.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

originally posted by: retiredTxn

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Here's a link to a page with still of the QT camera footage.

Link

The stills only show an altercation and I can't tell if it's MB or not. I don't see a weapon drawn.

You won't see a weapon drawn. A 'strong arm robbery' is one where force and intimidation are used rather than a weapon.

I must have misread it. I though it was an armed robbery. My bad.

It was strong armed, as in physical. What was stolen was a $43.00 box of Swisher cigars. He had them on the counter and the clerk said you have to pay for those, and he supposedly picked up the clerk and shoved him aside and grabbed the box and left the store. They are going to release the complete store robbery vid later today.

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Attention!

It turns out that the Ethical Society of Police say that the President is a different person than the shooter.

So there are two Darren Wilsons on the police force? What a muck up. If that's proven to be the case, then it is a mistake. Would like to see something more than Facebook?

Anyone?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Libertygal

Attention!

So there are two Darren Wilsons on the police force? What a muck up. If that's proven to be the case, then it is a mistake. Would like to see something more than Facebook?

Anyone?

Yes.
Apparently the Chief of Police needs to take a class in Public Relations?
Very poor work on his part in the press conference.
You have to wonder.
53 people on the force and there are two Darren Wilson's?
edit on bu312014-08-15T10:24:28-05:0010America/ChicagoFri, 15 Aug 2014 10:24:28 -050010u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

Your Darrel Wilson (black) is not of the Ferguson Police Force. It's a different guy. There are several sources in this thread. See my post above.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
The link is working fine. I will just post the pic. Someone replaced the pic of one article with a badge, but now, it's back. I downloaded it anyway.
Brb.

Darren Wilson from the link above

They just stated there was an accomplice. An accomplice named Johnson. This is why they waited to interview Dorian Johnson. They let him talj, talk, talk, on television. Then, brought him in for questioning.

Also, one of the reasons they witheld info, so Johnson would bury himself. Accomplice to a murder is a bad, bad, thing.

Boy, that single picture completely changes the idiom of many, many people. What's Sharpton going to say now?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Do you guys know there's a second eyewitness? Her story is similar to Johnson's.

link   

This is nothing like Trayvon's situation.

This is a police action where Trayvon and Zimmerman was vigilantism. I think Zimmerman should have been found guilty of murder for killing Trayvon, an armed civilian killing an unarmed civilian...that is murder. This case is much more complicated because it is a police officer and the possible assault of a police officer. In this case, I'm leaning towards siding with the police but still waiting for their full account of the situation...with Trayvon I was always against Zimmerman.

For anyone on either side of this issue to try to equate this to Trayvon's situation is attempting to use emotion instead of logic and facts.

link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Read the whole thread. That is a different Darren Wilson.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Do you guys know there's a second eyewitness? Her story is similar to Johnson's.

Just because MB robbed a store for some cigars, it does not justify the shooting in my opinion. But I'll still wait and see what comes out. There is a lot of confusion and disinformation going around.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Attention!

Anyone?

No, the one from the Ehtical Socitey of Police is on the St. Louis police force, not the Ferguson police force.

It's kind of a common name, not sure why it is surprising.

This is just another case of internet detectives jumping the gun and coming to the wrong conclusion...like they almost always do.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

The only way this is similar to Trayvon Martin story is that young black men are suspects before they are thought to be innocent and people (cops or not) are more willing to shoot and kill a young black man than a white person. It's illustrative of the systemic racism in this country.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Read the whole thread. That is a different Darren Wilson.

It's not clear as of yet. Didn't MSNBC coin the phrase "white Hispanic?" I guess we'll have to wait and see the officer's photo.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Your Darrel Wilson (black) is not of the Ferguson Police Force. It's a different guy. There are several sources in this thread. See my post above.

I went back and edited the posts. Thanks for pointing it out. Apologies for the error.

I do agree they should have done a better job with the press release.

Thanks for letting me know, so I had time enough to edit the posts.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

No I didn't it.

Shouldn't the same skepticism be given to this witness since she has waited so long to claim she was a witness? People seem to be passing judgment on the police for not coming forward with information about this robbery until now...so why shouldn't people be skeptical of a witness who doesn't come forward until after this has become a national story?

She confirms that Brown was fighting with the police officer though.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I would expect the MSM to say that the person that robbed the QuikyMart was not Michael Brown too...
But his accomplice already admitted to the FBI that they had been to the store.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

There was more than just one witness, I have seen video testimony (that is easily found on the net) of a 27 year old black woman who saw the shooting, she basically describes exactly what MB's friend said happened, I doubt she was in on the robbery also? It is also reported that several cars were stopped behind the officers vehicle while he engaged MB and blocked the road so that means there are at least an additional two more witnesses, that makes four. I suppose the next thing people will say is all the witnesses were black so they are being racist in their testimony. It is no wonder why the black community is tired of this, so am I.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Didn't MSNBC coin the phrase "white Hispanic?"

No. Not at all. A white Hispanic is a person racially white and of Hispanic descent. Like someone whose ancestors are from Spain, but was born in Mexico.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join