It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson police name Darren Wilson as officer who shot Michael Brown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: sheepslayer247

It doesn't matter that the cop was black either. My suspicion is that he's a police officer first. If there's a "black kid" on the street, he's a suspect to a cop. I mean, that's the mindset in many areas these days. So, it still could very well be a racial issue. The profiling of young black men is at an all-time high. Doesn't matter who's doing the profiling.

For reference...Ferguson Mo stats.

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: zysin5
I doubt MB was involved in the robbery, however, lets assume he was. So the story is, he robs a QT store, then walks down the middle of the street, a police car shows up, he does not run, but instead attacks the officer and tries to take his gun. Does anyone see a problem with this scenario? I am not sure what the Ferguson police department is trying to pull, if they are trying to cover this up or make excuses that is plain old corruption.

Lets continue assuming MB robbed the store and boldly walks down the street and attacks the officer. MB reaches for the officers gun but fails to get it, the officer as reported shoots him once from the car at close range, MB begins to flee. The officer gets out of the car, shoots MB in the back as reported, MB stops turns and raises his hands. At this point the altercation should be over, the amount of force required for public safety and the officers safety has been met, MB was stopped and surrendered while injured. At this point lethal force is no longer required, however, the officer decided to execute MB by shooting him multiple times until he was dead, one shot was reportedly to his head. I don't care what anyone says, that is murder. I was a trained in law enforcement in the military, I understand the use of lethal force.

Until the police stop this kind of brutality and unwarranted use of force this will only escalate in the future. I see police with this type of attitude all the time, they think they are above the law, they can bark out any command and you must instantly obey them or you will be beaten. The problem is, police lie and cover these abuses up and nothing is done about it. They never stand trial, they never lose their job, they even get paid while being investigated on leave (investigated by their own department wink wink). This officer must be tried for murder if the evidence shows it, otherwise we get the same old same old.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Here's a link to a page with still of the QT camera footage.

Link

The stills only show an altercation and I can't tell if it's MB or not. I don't see a weapon drawn.

You won't see a weapon drawn. A 'strong arm robbery' is one where force and intimidation are used rather than a weapon.

I must have misread it. I though it was an armed robbery. My bad.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Wiz4769

I'm confused here. If MB robbed the store with a weapon, why was there no weapon found on him at the scene of the shooting? Also, even if he was a suspect was there any reason for the officer to completely empty his weapon on him?

Either way, you're right that people should have waited to pass judgement in this case.

Dorian Johnson ran home and got rid of it.

link   
I wonder if the cop was in the hospital. I hear jaw injuries aren't fun. Probably hurts when they're broken.
edit on 1520140820141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

OK I'll just throw some wild crap out there.

If you want to know what happens talk to a dispatcher.

If someone is in the hospital and the family is with them near people who would want to cause them harm perhaps it would be a smart decision to not release their name. Perhaps hospital staff lives in those neighborhoods and can't be trusted.

edit on 1520140820141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Either way, you're right that people should have waited to pass judgement in this case.

I agree. And I include myself. We'll have to see what the pictures, videos, and other reports say. But I have an EXTREMELY hard time believing that a suspect was able to get close enough to Warren, unimpeded, to push him back into his car. Someone has some 'spainin' to do. If he was that incompetent, the officer shouldn't be on the street.

I'm holding judgement on the whole shooting situation...I have always said I will wait for the investigation to be completed.

By why is it hard to believe that Brown would be close enough to the police car to push Wilson back into his car? Have you ever been stopped by the police on the street? They usually pull up right next to you.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

Darren Wilson wasn't black, nor is he the president of the Ethical Society of Police. There is a Darren Wilson who is the president of the Ethical Society of Police, but it's a different person. The ESoP has already clarified that it was just a coincidence on their Facebook page. Facebook Page

Greetings community members of St. Louis, MO and all those across the nation. The Ethical Society of Police has been closely following the events surrounding the unfortunate police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO.

As a result of public outcry and a demand for justice, the Ferguson police officer's name was released and happens to be, Darren Wilson.

The first thing we would like to assure the world is that this is a horrific coincidence.

May I assure the world that this is not the President of the Ethical Society of Police's Sergeant Darren R. Wilson who is African-American, and happens to be an 18 year veteran of the St. Louis Police Department.

Best,

Woozy

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You won't see a weapon drawn. A 'strong arm robbery' is one where force and intimidation are used rather than a weapon.

I must have misread it. I though it was an armed robbery. My bad.

I missed that part too.
Thanks for the heads up.

Strong-arm robbery is a term used to describe a situation where the offender used any degree of force to complete the act. Strong-arm robbery is technically a term used to describe the crime of "Robbery by sudden snatching." This crime's definition is detailed below: 812.131 - Robbery by sudden snatching

Source
edit on 15-8-2014 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Yes, Darren Wilson, huge profiler. The black head of the ethical society of police officers himself a huge racist, makes sense to me. Open and shut case.

In one day MB has gone from an innocent black baby to a criminal killed justifiably. But why pay attention to the evidence? He's clearly the victim.

Oh yeah, Why isn't anyone upset that Brown attacked a black man? Where's the justice for the cop?

Brown has been Trayvonized, damn the ample evidence, full speed ahead. When will this wanton slaughter of innocent little black angels stop?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Not good des - I know .

You must however look at the "local population" stat.
You can then see how very - skewed - this is.

2014 guys !!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Woozy
Thank you for sharing and clarifying that there is yet another Darren Wilson and it is not the head of the ethics society. My goodness, what a shock it must have been for him to see his face plastered all over the media! This definitely seems like the police purposely did not clarify this themselves to ensure this case becomes even more complicated! I have no set opinion on this matter with the one exception that the police have handled this badly from the beginning.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Woozy

Ok, so he's not black?

I'm at work and it's kind of hard to keep up with this. So excuse me if I'm a bit confused.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Good job, Woozy. IO just found out he is white.

The officer was identified as Darren Wilson, who is white, and has been on the police force for six years.

Source
edit on 8/15/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Those stats are quite clear. There isn't even a justification for the disarity in arrests white/black. It leaves only one very obvious conclusion. Pity it doesn't show the conviction rate.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: govmule

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. I agree with you.
As you said. Lets just say for hypothetical speak here, Mike robs for some cigars. And gets shot over it.
They are saying it is Legal for a cop to shoot a fleeing felon.
Yeah but is Mike a felon for stealing some cigars? Total Bull to me here.

NO matter what, he should not have been shot.

But cops are legally allowed to shoot any fleeing "felon".

Such twisted webs they use in the legal and terms.. And people wonder why others get so upset, and maybe just maybe have some compassion for those out here who are getting screwed by a system who is going to screw us one day. Kill one of our friends, our family.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

You seemed to be able to keep up with the flawed information. oh Snap.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Maybe for some it was a racial issue and really at the core, it is... just maybe not a personal racial issue between the cop and Brown. I don't recall hearing or reading much about protesting racist cops but rather cops in general using excessive force far too often lately. If truly, the cop did nothing wrong (and the pictures do seem to match) then the entire police department screwed itself from the get-go by their handling of it which is all too common, "run along citizen" comes to mind. The Ferguson community rightfully expected answers and got tear gas instead.

Cops are not meant to be judge, jury and executioner. If the cop was stopping them because they matched suspects in a robbery then there is no way Brown should have been close enough to threaten the cop.

Besides who robs a store in their own neighborhood with no mask on, in broad daylight... for some cigars? That really makes no sense.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

Brown has been Trayvonized, damn the ample evidence, full speed ahead. When will this wanton slaughter of innocent little black angels stop?

When will people stand up to the gang bangers that are shooting up and killing their own little angels on a nightly schedule?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Heh so you get the race card again if this is true, but it does not change the rest of the info iMO. Video of him robbing store, do you know how bold and mean you have to be to just strongarm rob somebody? With the other arrests he has on his record, all violent I might add, things are still going downhill for Brown. But I myself will hold off until all of it comes out and is combed through.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: zysin5
Once a person commits a felony, injurying a police officer, he becomes, in almost every state, killable by lethal force, unarmed or not. He had also attemped to wrestle the gun away from the officer, it is not yet known if it was before or after he struck the officer. Regardless, attempting to take the officers' gun in itself is a deadly threat.

I think there is still not enough information, nor, can ANY of the alleged witnesses be trusted at this point. It has just been proven that, for the most part, they all lied.

I have also said, since day one, the officers's race was hidden for a reason. Now, the New Black Panthers, Al Sharpton et al, and the entire Black Greivance Industry, and even our dear leader, all look just a wee bit foolish.

Making judgements without evidence is a huge mistake.

This was following the same path that the Trayvon incident did, and the same players took the same sides. I emplored with the readers of ATS to withold judgement until more information came out, and, I still do.

I think more will come out. Much more. This is going to a Grand Jury, a pleasure that George Zimmerman was not allowed. Instead, a Special Prosecutor wad assigned, he was not afforded his rights due to demands of the public.

Well, the public makes mistakes. Let the FBI , DOJ, etc., do their investigations.

Too many of you still sound ready to hang this man, and seem totally ignorant of the laws. He is still innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way around, yet, the Chief of Police is being forced to try this in the media, anyway.

Don't fall into that trap, because, seriously, the next time, it could be you, your spouse, father, .. or George Zimmerman.

None of us knows enough, YET, to make any judgements. We do know enough, however, to quell some of the crap that has been being spewed.

Each of you also has the power to speak out against such crap, too.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join