It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowned Head of a Statue right in front of Curiosity! Sol 719.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
This doesn't negate the theory that there could have been advanced civilizations on Mars though.

Although I don't think there was any civilization on Mars, I agree with you, we can only consider this particular case "solved".

But it shows, once more, that we should never trust any "artefact" that is found too far away or that is too small to get real detail. Sure, the fact that we don't have more detail shouldn't stop us from looking at the photos, but it should make us think twice before jumping to conclusions.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Not jump to conclusions? Not dive off the deep end of the gene pool? You do realize this is ATS, right? lol

I find that seldom does Logic play a part, and when Logic is brought forward in a discussion the messenger is usually toasted over hickory coals post haste at worst, ignored at best.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Been away for a while and just popped back for a read finding myself reassured that you are still trawling those satellite shots for evidence of another life - keep it up mate, you do find some very interesting things :-)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: amazing
This doesn't negate the theory that there could have been advanced civilizations on Mars though.

Although I don't think there was any civilization on Mars, I agree with you, we can only consider this particular case "solved".

Besides, all the old machines are sunk in the deep caves near the equator. It was the only logical place for anybody still alive to migrate after the atmosphere faded. What's probe is closest to the low areas on the equator?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
What's probe is closest to the low areas on the equator?

Does this (taken from Wikipedia) help?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Nice one

And to think this made the top headline.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

edit on 19-8-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Arken
I think it's a great find whether or not it's a carved statue. People are so easy to criticize from their keyboards. You want answers right? So when someone does all he can to try and make a connection, with what little he has, why criticize him without even making a counter to why your critique is right?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: Another_Nut

Fortunately your opinion means nothing to me, you can be judgmental all you want but it doesn't stop the rock from being a rock.

Lol you are the one who wanted to start talking opinions

Remember yoir first post

Something like

In my opinion as an artist who studied these things

Your opinion as a failed high school art student is laughable

The fact you are over 30 and trying to hock some bad knockoff artwork as your own is more sad than...

Well

A guy looking at rocks all day

So see its not my opinion that is in question

Its yours

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
Does this (taken from Wikipedia) help?

Curiosity is actually pretty close to the equator, but it's heading in the wrong direction. It needs to go down, not up! Haven't they ever heard of the old Klingon saying, "The higher the fewer?"

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It is an interesting photo but unfortunately that is all it is. As it is on Mars and we only have photos to review no one can confirm one way or the other that this is a rock or mask. Same can be said about the bone recently posted or the mars bunny before that or the image of a tiny man running on the surface before that.

The only people who can confidently say it is X are basing it more on belief that solid facts.

Keep em' coming though I always like your threads!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
How big would that rock/statue head be?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join