It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowned Head of a Statue right in front of Curiosity! Sol 719.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: maceov
a reply to: Arken

I imagine it with life as it STILL IS! There are SIX indigenous Martian Species that still co-exist on the planet of Mars. I'm going by the ones who have been there. I have some interesting connections. We have 600, 000 U.S. Troops on Mars as well. They are part of our "SECRET" Space Navy... Earth to Mars, our Space Navy isn't so secret anymore!!! Especially with that McKinnon fellow who found the listings of NON-TERRESTRIAL OFFICERS on the Pentagon website. LOL I laugh at all of your Pooh Poohing...

Actually those are not greys. they prefeer to be called romeo kilos. they have mind manipulation tech and almost all grey abductions are them. they do have some captive greys who broke treaty as prisoners like the ones found at roswell though.

Anyway when funbox animated the statue head that cinched it for me.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: maceov
I don't need your help to PLAINLY see that what my eyes are looking at is an exquisitely crafted face of an ancient Martian.

It wasn't to help you specifically, as you only appeared on the thread after I posted it, it was because I can (and Arken posted the links to both left and right versions) and because it may help other people seeing it, as, sometimes, things in 3D appear slightly different.

edit on 16/8/2014 by ArMaP because: added the "specifically"

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
After reading through the entire thread, I've lost a lot of faith in the future of humanity. The blind, willful ignorance of some people just blows my mind. Anyone thinking these pictures show anything but rocks needs to turn their computer off, go outside, and take a good long hike through nature. They'll probably have a heart attack from the "artifacts" that are everywhere...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Rock plus imagination

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Or its a rock.

Well I would agree but it could also be a piece of very old cheese.......

Perhaps it was to here that all the cheese from the MP cheese shop sketch was mysterious teleported too?
edit on 16/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Didn't see these pointed out yet...looks like these could be remnants of the statue that the head was attached to...

The bigger circle the body and the two smaller perhaps remnants of the statue's base...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

It could be a statue... It could be a rock...

The only way to know for sure is to go see it for ourselves.

Keep up the good work Arken... Its observations like this and the subsequent debates that will force humans to take the argument to the point of -

"Oh yeah.. lets go look for ourselves to see who wins the bet".

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Looks more like this

www.flickriver.com...

.a reply to: Arken

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Its a rock, if it was a statue as in carved out of a rock, well I doubt it.

Literally if there were any statues on mars from any previous civilization the only ones which would survive the eons and natural progression of the atmosphere or lack of one there in, would be something made out of more durable materials such as metals or the harder minerals/rocks like quartz or even diamond. And depending on the place and timespan involved even those would fade away, thought if there was any previous civilization on mars you would best find any traces of it bellow ground, which is also the case here on earth.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I know speculating about alien life on mars is fun.

But science is much better:

Curiosity 's second anniversary brings evidence of life on Mars

David Bowie's "Life On Mars" asked the question in 1971: is there life on Mars? Now, thanks to the Mars Curiosity rover, which is celebrating its second year on the red planet, we may sort of have an answer.

Of course, the question we should ask is if Mars is or ever was a habitable planet, capable of sustaining life. The answer is "maybe." Curiosity drilled into samples of rocks and found those ingredients believed key in supporting life, such as carbon and oxygen. This suggest that Mars once sustained life in some form.

Curiosity also found evidence that water once flowed on the red planet. Smooth rocks and layers of bedrock suggest the presence of rivers on ancient Mars. Curiosity also uncovered the most evidence of water on Mars when it found sedimentary rocks with clay in a crater on Mars called Yellowknife Bay.

So, in a way, you might be right. Mars may have had simple forms of life.

But microbes are terrible statue makers.
edit on 16-8-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Shoot it with the laser and drill it! in the name of Science!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Really big Microbes indeed....

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

It could be a statue... It could be a rock...

The only way to know for sure is to go see it for ourselves.

Keep up the good work Arken... Its observations like this and the subsequent debates that will force humans to take the argument to the point of -

"Oh yeah.. lets go look for ourselves to see who wins the bet".

This is exactly my way, Xcathdra.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Look at the other rocks nearby for a sense of scale, then make comparisons to the rock/ "statue head"... Pretty tiny head. Sorry guys, this is just a rock (like most of the rational members have already pointed out).

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Give me a single rock, and I'll show you a dozen faces.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arken
a reply to: HauntWok

Really big Microbes indeed....

Hahah, wow, that picture is great. I almost expect Bugs Bunny to pop up wearing that and start singing Oh Susanna.

I do think throwing out images with colored in sections like that is a bit biased, though. It doesn't give the person a chance to see what may or may not be there on their own. Instead it forces them to see what you want them to see, and once seen, it's hard to unsee and have an unbiased view.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I'm surprised this rock made top headline.

My reasoning is this:

If there was an advanced civilization here in the not too distant past (i.e. not so distant that all the structures have eroded or crumbled, where some structures remain), then there should be more of it. If this alleged statue is made of rock, and still holds its shape, then other stone structures should still remain, and not just a few scattered about, but much more.

Also the alleged statue has too many non-symmetrical features in the vertical plane to qualify as a the head of a statue.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: xxdaniel21

originally posted by: skyblueworld
As we all know, something catastrophic happened on Mars and it lost it's atmosphere

"As we all know..."

hahahaha, seriously, i wonder what kind of people actually go through these photos and individually analyse each rock to see which one most resembles a face, to form the basis of an ats thread?

Because that's pretty much all these "discoveries" end with - a thread on ATS. Stars and flags, etc, etc.

I too can go out to the local national park right now and take multiple photos, turn them black and white, reduce the image size, and point at what looks like "eyes" and a "nose", and then have ATS users defend me because there is a "possibility" of an ancient past. Listen to yourselves.

No offense, but you've quoted my sentence and then rambled on about something else entirely. you're confusing yourself and me.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Paridolia alert!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Dear Arken

Do you see my avatar? I found this statue in the bed of a river. It took me days to dig it out and days to get it out of the river. It had been there a million years. We decided to stand it on one end in our front yard. One day a visitor to our home was walking around the yard and decided to take a picture of our 700 pound statue at just the right angle and at just the right time of day so that the sun hit the stature creating shadows in certain places.

When she got home and developed her pictures she was astonished to find this figure which is now my avatar. See it's face?
See it hunched down with it's butt almost touching the ground and it's knees bent all the way in front of it? See it's arms sitting on top of it's knees? It certainly looks like an ET to me. "Yoda" maybe. Or a gnome or hobbit.

During the summer I like to swim in the river a lot. Sometimes hours at a time. In many places it is not too deep so that I can see the river rocks as I swim up the river. I inspect them if I find one that I think is pretty. or oddly shaped. When I get up river, I turn around and let the current wash me back down the river while I watch the hundreds of thousands of rocks pass by beneath me. I see hundreds of faces in the course of a summer. I have one that weighs about 50 pounds sitting in a rock garden that looks like the face of an old man with a wino nose. His eyes are shut and his mouth is sad. Tears can be seen dripping from one eye as if he is crying. He is a rock.

I have another sitting right here on my desk. It looks like a women's excited vagina. Just like an excited vagina. If I didn't know it was a rock, I think that I would just stare at it all day long.

My avatar is a 700 pound stone of what we call Oregon Jade.

Yours
Terry

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join