It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowned Head of a Statue right in front of Curiosity! Sol 719.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Unless Mars was inhabited by a race of super mega-ultra art-loving race, I don't get why we see many statues and statue heads.. but not much else. : )

Arken.. even though personally I feel everything posted so far (not just by you) are indeed natural phenomena, I love your passion to find signs of other life. Please keep it up! Because ultimately, when some hidden gem IS found, it will be by someone like you who finds it. And I appreciate your dedication.

I have a feeling once we do find definitive proof, it won't be that rock that looks like a head... it will be the rather blobulous object next to it that we thought was just a rock. Because unless our two planets actually are connected (and I don't think they are at all), local life would be predicated on conditions on that planet. Gravity, air availability, radiation, atmosphere, and many others things, would by the catalyst that would determine the final shape and design of another entity. For example.. a few less percent of available oxygen might cause someone to evolve with nostrils that are twice our size or more.. or produce other ways to intake oxygen. A body or face that duplicates our own, would suggest to me, that their planet's makeup was identical to our own. And I really don't think Mars ever was.
edit on 15-8-2014 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Or its a rock.

Funny...I just wrote an archaeology-based piece entitled "Sometimes, it's just a rock"
True dat!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Fleabit brings up another issue, which is people expecting life on mars to be almost identical to life on Earth. Talking about finding lizards, gophers, etc, what logic is used to assume such creatures would exist on Mars? And if we ARE to assume life on mars is near identical to earth-life then the question remains, how are lizards and gophers surviving on mars, there is nothing to support them.

So then it becomes "life on mars is just like earth, in the sense it looks exactly the same, yet doesn't have to obey any requirements of it's brother species on earth" which makes no sense as the form of a creature is dictated by its environment, if there are lizzards and gophers on mars they aren't going to look anything like an earth gopher or lizzard.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
What I find interesting is that the wear pattern of the object is inconsistent with the surrounding objects. Until I noticed this glaring aspect I told myself it was just a rock. Now I'm simply in the grey area.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

You said 'lizard', so I have to come with the Mars lizard from the planet Zurcon (Mars in some ancient language):

...and yes, it can also be seen as separate rocks (which you can see if you look for them), or a blond mermaid lying on her back, or pretty much anything you want to see in there. Rock animals and faces are only good for playing, I do not think Arken believes that this is a rock sculpture. But for some evidence of possible organic-based rock fossils on Mars, there are some of those on the Mars thread (linked below). Lots of oddities are found there, and a few are tossed up on separate threads, and every once in awhile there's one which has a one-percent chance of being a possible fossil-form. Those are the ones that people on that thread love the most. The rest is playing, and we do a lot of that on the thread. So if you're serious about seeing some 'maybes' come by and ask us to gather up our best finds, which nobody has done yet.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

originally posted by: Arken
I can tell by your posts you are too emotionally attached to your idea which generally produces a form of confirmation bias. I'll leave you to it.

a reply to: Rosinitiate

So, you are an artist and a sculptor? Really? What fantastic coincidence!

Well, sorry to say this but this kind of behavior would leave humanity to the Stone Age... (irony hidden)

Thanks however for your personal opinion.

Dude not even original art?

Really?

We noth know that spawn is a mcfarlane clone and a poor one

Taken directly from the cover of a spawn issue if memory serves and if u want ill trak down the anime chick

But we both know I can find it

No wonder u cant see a statue

Keep trying padawan

And for partial redemption what issue cover did todd clone for thst spawn cover

Yeah well seeing how I was 17 when I did it and I'm twice that age now, I'd say not so bad.

Is that your opinion as an artist?

Who studied these things

But chooses to show pictures from his highschool days?

And since I know that puts u mid 30s

So u could copy in 11th grade

because maybe u had nothing to say?

And well the op does and has a good eye

He will be the one to find something

And u will still only see rock

And the seeing things in stone is nearly lifted from the sword of truth

But maybe you have never heard of it...

edit on pm820143107America/ChicagoFri, 15 Aug 2014 19:55:29 -0500_8000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
As we all know, something catastrophic happened on Mars and it lost it's atmosphere

"As we all know..."

hahahaha, seriously, i wonder what kind of people actually go through these photos and individually analyse each rock to see which one most resembles a face, to form the basis of an ats thread?

Because that's pretty much all these "discoveries" end with - a thread on ATS. Stars and flags, etc, etc.

I too can go out to the local national park right now and take multiple photos, turn them black and white, reduce the image size, and point at what looks like "eyes" and a "nose", and then have ATS users defend me because there is a "possibility" of an ancient past. Listen to yourselves.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Arken

Good Find Arken!! I always enjoy your threads on this stuff. I have been mostly on your side for these types of Findings/Anomolies! There are some more odd looking things in this photo. I will save this pic, and make some markings on it to show you where I see them. Another possible statue head, and some other oddities.
I have a Thread running that I have had a little success in as far as others seeing what I saw in the pic I posted. If ya have a minute, please take a look. www.abovetopsecret.com...
I know You at least will let me know if you also see anything there. And maybe You will spot some other anomolies as well!
Once again, Nice Job Arken!!
Later, Syx.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
nice looking statue head

looks like his pleading for release to me

being a disembodied head must be tough

funbox

This certainly looks statuesque to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Arken, you always have such interesting threads, and I'm glad this world has people like you looking for the unknown.

I was drawn to ATS because of threads like this so keep up the good work.

But I do always see the skeptics claiming 'pareidolia' and saying its just a rock... and making a point of trying to take the air out of the balloon that is speculation.

I am a fairly decent and creative artist, so I understand how many claim that's it's just your mind playing tricks. My style in fact even implements this technique in patternwork. Don't believe me? just click my signature or check out my posts in the member art forum.

The fact that pareidolia exists does not prove that there are only rocks on Mars. If we have no prior knowledge of a lifeform, then we definitely are going to require an ACTUAL open mind, and have to throw all preconceptions out the window with our biased opnions. Also the lack of atmosphere and huge amount of time and erosion are going to highly disfigure whatever artifacts remain. Tons of factors have to be taken into account for the argument of intelligent life on Mars.

Whatever the truth is, I am sure glad we got folks like Arken analyzing the tons of data. Thanks for all the effort friend!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Pretty cool rock thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliquandro
The fact that pareidolia exists does not prove that there are only rocks on Mars. If we have no prior knowledge of a lifeform, then we definitely are going to require an ACTUAL open mind, and have to throw all preconceptions out the window with our biased opnions.

Read the headline.

"Crowned head of a statue right in front of curiosity"

OP's mind seems pretty open to me. And so does yours, discounting pareidolia as purely a skeptic's way of thinking

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Fortunately your opinion means nothing to me, you can be judgmental all you want but it doesn't stop the rock from being a rock.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
That's an awfully small statue. Like about an inch tall.

It's a rock, they are all rocks. There may have been simple life on mars, when it had liquid water on it's surface, but when it's core solidified, mars lost it's protective electromagnetic field and the sun then stripped away much of its atmosphere, without adequate atmospheric pressure the water on the surface evaporated and was destroyed by solar radiation and frozen at the poles.

There was never a civilization on mars. Sorry

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
if anyone recalls that Saturday Morning show called 'LOST'...
where the family was always in a underground maze of tunnels...

the 'Aliens' there were called the 'Sleeze-Stack' (phonetically)
now that 'sculpture' on Mars....sure reminds me of one of those reptile/anthropomorphic creatures from that show

ADD

en.wikipedia.org...(1974_TV_series)

""...Land of the Lost details the adventures of the Marshall family (father Rick, and his children Will and Holly) who are trapped in an alternate universe inhabited by dinosaurs, a primate-type people called Pakuni, and aggressive humanoid/lizard creatures called Sleestak. The episode storylines focus on the family's efforts to survive and find a way back to their own world, but the exploration of the exotic inhabitants of the Land of the Lost is also an ongoing part of the story.""
edit on th31140819173316222014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I have researched the ufo/alien/abduction phenomenon for over 25 years and have seen many sketches done by experiencers and that statue/head looks very much like the sketches of what some refer to as the "Reptoids". They are usually described as tall, greenish or gray/tan and scaley and rather intimidating in appearance. That photo certainly does look like a good representation of said creatures. Thanx for posting that. Folks can laugh and scoff and such but still...there is every possibility that a creature exists that is very similar to that statue and that the "rock" is a representation of just exactly that.

"There are more things in Heaven and earth, Horatio"...Either way...no matter which side of the fence one wants to take, there is no denying that everybody likes a good mystery.
Keep on keepin on...the truth is out there...perhaps on mars!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: xxdaniel21

If you want more than a face or head...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

A rock my foot! You can CLEARLY see ALL the Features of this alien head and the crown clearly. With or WITHOUT the coloring. Could be an ancient Martian King from WAY BACK WHEN. I find this UTTERLY FASCINATING....

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Yes, it's my understanding that Mars is VERY MUCH inhabited with SIX Species of people living on its surface. INCLUDING 600,000 MilitaryTroops from the U.S. who are part of the NOT SO Secret Space Navy.

(post by maceov removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join