It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Reasons To Question and Investigate 9/11 on the 13th Anniversary.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Yet people on here with NO UNDERSTANDING of the forces think that the buildings should withstand the collapse of the floors above the impact point.

and you....'people'...put the cart BEFORE the horse......there are NO dynamics until the vertical support ALLOW it to occur....

something you nor anyone has supporting evidence of....the FIRES PRESENT failing the remaining 240 intact fireproofed vertical support on EACH tower impact floor.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: shapur
I see that you got your mind set up and completely believe........while looking at an upside down story book of a child in a school!?..

Why do truthers have to keep posting obvious hoaxes as fact?

All they have are hoaxes and silly made up conspiracy theories!

hoaxes.org...

An unknown hoaxer has horizontally and vertically flipped the image on the back of the book in Bush's hands. But in doing so, he made a mistake. Compare the book held by the girl to the book Bush is holding. The picture on the right-hand side of Bush's book has been vertically flipped in the wrong direction. (A dark blue spot is close to the spine of Bush's book, but this same spot in the girl's copy is near the left-hand edge of the book.) The original version of the photo (bottom) was taken in the Summer of 2002 while Bush was visiting George Sanchez Charter School in Houston. It was distributed by the Associated Press.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Why do truthers have to keep posting obvious hoaxes as fact?

what science are you TRYING to push here...

where is the failed WTC steel from THESE fires to give a scientific direction to OFFICIALLY claim they failed from these fires PRESENT?

NO WHERE within the 10,000+ page report.

WHERE is the scientific white paper data that supports the OFFICIAL CLAIM that a new science phenomenon where LOW TEMP thermal expansion created conditions for GLOBAL UNIFIED CONSTANT acceleration equal to g. for 1/3 of the collapse in the FIRST half of collapse?

why do they evoke a GAG order preventing themselves from PROVING this new science THROUGH science???

Prez Bush says YOU don't have to tell
edit on 23-8-2014 by lotsoftime because: typo

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Mary Rose

Your quibbling in one technical aspect pales against the massive amount of information in the case for a 9/11 conspiracy that is presented in Tarpley's book.

Hi Mary...long time no see

all they can do is "quibble" about insignificant irrelevant points to attempt to smear asking questions and DEMANDING the supporting evidence of the claims pushed as truth....it's all they have.
edit on 23-8-2014 by lotsoftime because: added

edit on 23-8-2014 by lotsoftime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lotsoftime

And I can't help thinking that it's fear-driven.

Fear of admitting to oneself that such a horrendous act as attacking your own people could take place.

It is an exercise in waking up.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I found this here years ago, it makes perfect sense and sums it up the best....

At this stage, with all of the evidence we have, it seems to me that the only people that could swallow the official story fall into a very few categories, and I mean no personal offense to anyone that sees themselves in any of the following:

What Is Cognitive Dissonance?

People tend to seek consistency in their beliefs and perceptions. So what happens when one of our beliefs conflicts with another previously held belief? The term cognitive dissonance is used to describe the feeling of discomfort that results from holding two conflicting beliefs. When there is a discrepancy between beliefs and behaviors, something must change in order to eliminate or reduce the dissonance.

1. People who would suffer some kind of psychological breakdown if they were to accept the facts. These folks rely on a standardized worldview in order to feel comfortable in their everday lives. They do not want to know the truth if it is too upsetting, and would prefer to live in ignorance of the facts then face an unsettling reality. To accept that some of the people at the very top...the people responsible for our overall safety and security..are corrupt to the degree of mass murder and treason, would upset them to the point of possible mental depression or worse. Fear is a terrible enemy.

2. People who have an agenda; these people are either paid to try and keep the lesser educated on the ropes or do so for some other reason. Some people are just stubborn and contrary and love to argue, regardless of the quality of their stand. In any case, we know that the intelligence services use shills to try and confuse the people who are seeking the truth, and their motivation is obvious;Muddy the waters enough to where some people lose interest before making an educated decision.

I have NEVER met a truly intellectually gifted person who supported the official story: The educated KNOW that the facts cannot be reconciled with the official excuses, and to try and defend the official story insults the educated mind. The people who accept the official story are more likley to be those who do not study in detail, have little formal education and cannot debate without casting aspersions and belittling those who insist on a standard for accepting facts.

There is NO DOUBT: The official story is a lie and an insult to anyone who studies the issue. To those who DO believe all the nonsense, please ask yourselves WHY

edit on 24-8-2014 by lotsoftime because: typo

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

All they have are hoaxes and silly made up conspiracy theories!

hoaxes.org...

...uhm....."Bush Reads Book Upside-Down"....scientifically supports the OFFICIAL CLAIMS pushed as truth......how?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: cardinalfan0596

Almost every single person I know, questions the 9/11 OS, and all of us were adults on that day.

Your logic is severely damaged.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: cardinalfan0596
a reply to: Flatcoat

Smarter than everyone else? nah. Above average, yeah, that actually is true based on various assessments over the years.

LOL

I've read that 10 times now, and it gets more ridiculous each time.

Given your unfailing devotion to FOXnews-ology, I would tend to disagree.

Keep tooting the self-horn, though. I like a good laugh.

"Various assessments over the years"
LOL

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Not on line for 2 days and miss bob/slip/biff back as lotsoftime no doubt he will be back later today!

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Is this the source?

originally posted by: richierich

. . . At this stage, with all of the evidence we have, it seems to me that the only people that could swallow the official story fall into a very few categories, and I mean no personal offense to anyone that sees themselves in any of the following:

1. People who would suffer some kind of psychological breakdown if they were to accept the facts. These folks rely on a standardized worldview in order to feel comfortable in their everday lives. They do not want to know the truth if it is too upsetting, and would prefer to live in ignorance of the facts then face an unsettling reality. To accept that some of the people at the very top...the people responsible for our overall safety and security..are corrupt to the degree of mass murder and treason, would upset them to the point of possible mental depression or worse. Fear is a terrible enemy.

2. People who have an agenda; these people are either paid to try and keep the lesser educated on the ropes or do so for some other reason. Some people are just stubborn and contrary and love to argue, regardless of the quality of their stand. In any case, we know that the intelligence services use shills to try and confuse the people who are seeking the truth, and their motivation is obvious;Muddy the waters enough to where some people lose interest before making an educated decision.

I have NEVER met a truly intellectually gifted person who supported the official story: The educated KNOW that the facts cannot be reconciled with the official excuses, and to try and defend the official story insults the educated mind. The people who accept the official story are more likley to be those who do not study in detail, have little formal education and cannot debate without casting aspersions and belittling those who insist on a standard for accepting facts.

There is NO DOUBT: The official story is a lie and an insult to anyone who studies the issue. To those who DO believe all the nonsense, please ask yourselves WHY

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 08/24/14 by Mary Rose because: Add

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The people who accept the official story are more likley to be those who do not study in detail, have little formal education and cannot debate without casting aspersions and belittling those who insist on a standard for accepting facts.

In my opinion, the major problem is people who do not study in detail.

I think that is the problem with my own siblings, who simply aren't interested enough to do the work it requires to educate oneself on this topic.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mary Rose

The people who accept the official story are more likley to be those who do not study in detail, have little formal education and cannot debate without casting aspersions and belittling those who insist on a standard for accepting facts.

In my opinion, the major problem is people who do not study in detail.

I think that is the problem with my own siblings, who simply aren't interested enough to do the work it requires to educate oneself on this topic.

In my opinion because of the internet people who the most technical question they would ask in their job is do you want fries with that or who has the stapler can give their opinion on something they have no background/training or experience in!
edit on 24-8-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

And I can't help thinking that it's fear-driven.

Fear of admitting to oneself that such a horrendous act as attacking your own people could take place.

It is an exercise in waking up.

Tell us then. Who? How? Why?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: lotsoftime

I found this here years ago, it makes perfect sense and sums it up the best....

At this stage, with all of the evidence we have, it seems to me that the only people that could swallow the official story fall into a very few categories, and I mean no personal offense to anyone.

Hi. Just a point. Absolutely zero of my friends question the official story. Amongst us are 2 doctors, a professor, a number of teachers, a pilot, a patent translator, a couple of bio chemists, and i'm a qualified civil engineer. All of us would describe ourselves as left leaning. None of us have an agenda, none of us suffer from cognitive dissonance. That paragraph is absolute nonsense of the highest order. Posting that as reason to doubt the official story is beyond ridiculous. I'd hazard that my group has generally above average intelligence. I'd go as far to say one of our mates is eventually heading to a Nobel prize. I don't say this to brag or to make myself sound like Charlie big shot, only to show how utterly condescending and ridiculous that paragraph has.

The problem with suggesting cognitive dissonance is that if you were suffering yourself you wouldn't know. In fact we could bring conformational bias in and state that you struggle to accept the horror of the day, that since you decided it was a conspiracy you've searched out info that agrees with your view. Again, if this was the case you'd disagree with me and be unable to see it. In cases like this the only solution is to seek logic, unfortunately for yourself the alternative propositions to the official fall down quite quickly. Thus, removing illogical ideas leaves only this, despite how unlikely you find it.
edit on 24-8-2014 by scottyirnbru because: correct quote

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: scottyirnbru

Turn your TV off and leave it off.

Read 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA by Webster Griffin Tarpley or The Terror Conspiracy Revisited: What Really Happened on 9/11 and Why We're Still Paying the Price by Jim Marrs.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

a reply to: scottyirnbru

Turn your TV off and leave it off.

Read 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA by Webster Griffin Tarpley or The Terror Conspiracy Revisited: What Really Happened on 9/11 and Why We're Still Paying the Price by Jim Marrs.

What if I read predictions by nostradamus? Why don't these chaps who are making so much from books explaining the truth pool their money, stick it with some other theorists and pay for a brand new fully independent investigation? Or is it better for them to keep printing books? You said you had an intuition about tarpley that he was telling the truth, that is an abandonment of reason and logic.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
MOD Edit
edit on 8/25/2014 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
MOD Edit
edit on 8/25/2014 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: scottyirnbru
What if I read predictions by nostradamus?

That is not apt.

The books are sound investigative journalism, something you won't get from mainstream media on a topic like this.

Do you also believe the official story of JFK's death? Jim Marrs could set you straight on that one, too.

Why don't these chaps who are making so much from books explaining the truth pool their money, stick it with some other theorists and pay for a brand new fully independent investigation? Or is it better for them to keep printing books?

Oh that assumption again - they're all writing books for the money - what the books say is crap. That is repeatedly posted like a mantra but it's not convincing. Not if one is a seeker of the truth.

You said you had an intuition about tarpley that he was telling the truth, that is an abandonment of reason and logic.

I've got news for you.

Everyone uses their intuition in judging what to believe and not believe, including you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join