It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When The Media Treats White Suspects And Killers Better Than Black Victims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
It is depressing enough to start yet another depressing thread still I am moved to do so,but I have seen this often enough and this helps skewed justice in the courts,the following article show how Black victims,not perps or suspects is viewed by media FOX news stands out like a sore thumb on this issue but most of us knew that so nothing to see here but what about other out lets.

This is by no means standard media protocol, but it happens frequently, deliberately or not. News reports often headline claims from police or other officials that appear unsympathetic or dismissive of black victims. Other times, the headlines seem to suggest that black victims are to blame for their own deaths, engaging in what critics sometimes allege is a form of character assassination. When contrasted with media portrayal of white suspects and accused murderers, the differences are more striking. News outlets often choose to run headlines that exhibit an air of disbelief at an alleged white killer's supposed actions. Sometimes, they appear to go out of their way to boost the suspect's character, carrying quotes from relatives or acquaintances that often paint even alleged murderers in a positive light.

Here are a few examples:

www.huffingtonpost.com...
Pls go on and klik the link very important to the gist of the thread.^^^

Above we have a situation where Mr A-political random black guy going about his business listening to his music with head-phones crossed his way through two sets of protesters one pro Israeli one anti-Israeli all he needed to do was get to the mall,then Mr shirtless white guy yelling obscenities against the anti-Israeli faction accosted him,not knowing what the hell was going on he tried to avoid him,but then came Mr renta Cop and out came the pepper spray to the face and dragged off by both Mr renta cop and a Mr regular cop...Mr shirtless outta control white guy??..
Now just imagine if he had just a little of my temperament ,where I don't feel the need bow to just about everyone who got in my face,he would probably be dead his criminal record or facebook page of him clowning with friends if any would be held up as a person deserving of DEATH!! who do not warrant any sympathy...the small victory if any both the anti-Israeli and pro Israeli factions said he had nothing to do with them and they are messing with the wrong guy...walking while black sheesh!!
www.addictinginfo.org...
edit on 15-8-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

He did get lucky tho, especially when he started pulling away, that he didn't get a beat down.
And i say that cause of the police officer that showed up and started yelling at the people around.
He even got nudged when the guy pulled away, recipe for disaster most the time

edit on thFri, 15 Aug 2014 03:45:27 -0500America/Chicago820142780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

He did get lucky tho, especially when he started pulling away, that he didn't get a beat down.
And i say that cause of the police officer that showed up and started yelling at the people around.
He even got nudged when the guy pulled away, recipe for disaster most the time

Yeah but how easy it is for things to go south,Mr Renta Cop could just as easily asked what the heck was going on before pulling out his pepper spray,If that individual had made it to the police force I have no doubt that he would pulled his side arm.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Wow! I read the link and its simply appalling how blatant it is. I shouldn't be shocked, but when the headlines are put next to each other for you to compare, the agenda is clearly evident in all its sad, twisted glory. Star and flag for bringing up an important issue that all needs to see.

edit on 15-8-2014 by ForestBehindTheTrees because: corrected a typo

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

What gets me is the fact that cops use to be part of our community, they lived next door, kids went to the same schools and we all mixed together.

But something has been going wrong for some time now. My son is a plumber by trade and use to go out to fix insurance job problems. On the rare occasion he went to a 'police' house he noticed that photos were turned down. Currently I can't think of a cop living locally or being part of our community any more.

This has to be a deliberate policy and a psychology that the government is promoting, because when the sh-t hits the fan, as it might well do in the UK with our cliff/kitty interest and people find that he was part of 'an elite ring with titles", its the police who will protect parliament and our elite from a raging public.

Currently our focus is on Ebola and the mind blowing cruelty of the Islamic country, but attention moves fast, Gaza will light up again soon but our elite paedophile rings have a history to bury and that's hard with many decent minded people who think they should be dealt with by the law, names and shamed as cameron proudly shouts but only for the plebs of course.

I do think though that part of the problem is that black people project themselves as black Africans which immediately separates them from the white American population. How often does one hear a white person say I am a white, Swedish American. You don't, they are see themselves as Americans. In respectfully not challenging Black American's identity, but trying another focus on that identity that changes the way all American's think, the acceptance that black and white Americans make a total synergistic blend with all the other races who live and have American citizenship, one might get closer to Americans all together and all subject to the same laws. It is essential though that people from different ethnic backgrounds work within the police force so that people don't feel they are being policed by only one representative group with likely/presupposed prejudices.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

You made some good point here about thee militarization of the cops,and I have said in another thread that the brutality of the cops and the corruptibility of the media won't stop with Black folks for they are honing their skills for eventual use against middle class White folks when the Sheit hits the fan, already they are stomping on poor whites with no power, just recently a new word came into use..it's called Affluenza a time will come when the head lines will make it looked like what used to be called the white middle class are now criminals by default,and will be blamed for their own deaths no matter the circumstance..Hear me now quote me later

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I was born and raised in the city that I work in as a police officer. I continued to live in the city for about 5 years while working as a police officer.

I eventually moved to another city in the same county about 20 miles away. I still work at the police department in the city where I was born and raised in.

Why did I move?

It was not because I didn't want to be apart of the community. I love the community, it is my home! The people of the community are what drove me out.

Many times I would go to a restaurant off duty and the waitress or the cook would recognize me from when I arrested them for something or even wrote them a ticket. This not only made dirty looks and verbal arguements an almost everytime occurance it caused other issues. One day I was sitting near the kitchen and I heard the cook say to the waitress "hey is that extra ranch for that guy out there in the hat?" The waitress said "yeah." The cook proceeds to say "he's a cop who arrested me." At that point I hear him hock a "loogie" and spit in the dressing.

Turns out I arrested him for burglary the week prior.

On a regular basis I would go grocery shopping and run into people who recognized me. One time with my family I had a homeless man who I arrested for theft threaten to kill me. There have also been many occassions where I have had to tell my family I will meet them in another isle because I see a gang memeber who will recognize me and I do not want to chance something happening and my family getting hurt.

My car has been egged and my mailbox smashed.

These are just some of the things that I had to go through on a somewhat regular basis. I was driven out by members of the community that I risk my physical and mental health for everyday I get up to work.

So please spare me from there being some nefarious conspiracy for officers to live in different cities then where they work. It is not true.

People always go on about how the police keep to their own. Well why wouldn't we?

Try going to a social gathering and when someone asks what you do for a living tell them you are an officer. It turns out bad more often then not. They usually go on about how they unfairly got a ticket or complain about how "all" cops are dicks. It gets old.

You see the public is just as guilty at creating an "us" vs "them" mentality.

edit on 15-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Another incident I forgot to mention.

One time I went to lunch with my girlfriend at an awesome restaurant called Eddie's Diner.

When you sit down you have to walk past the open kitchen to reach the seating area.

We did and sat down. I ordered a club sandwich like I always do. When the food arrives I pull the one toothpick out that was holding the sandwich together. I then bite into the sandwich and feel an immediate stabbing pain on the roof of my mouth.

As I began to examine the sandwich I find a thick toothpick with the top and bottom picks broke off cleverly hidden in the sandwich. It hurt and made me bleed.

I complain to the waitress and ask her to ask the cook WTF? She comes back and says "sorry the cook doesn't know what happened." I chalk it up to a mistake and finish the new sandwich she brought.

When we leave I walk by the kitchen area again only to see a guy that I arrested for domestic violence only a couple of days before our restaurant visit. We made eye contact and he smirked at me.

Can I prove he did it intentionally? No. But how else would a toothpick get lodged discreetly into a sandwich and another toothpick added that wasn't?

No thanks. I will live in another city where people are less likely to recognize me.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig
Now let me tell you a little story, officer.

A few years ago, a retired cop I have known since my youth died after spending 30+ years on the force. At his funeral, the family and guests were quite surprised when several unsavory characters showed up at his funeral to pay their respects. When asked who they were. They told the widow that everyone of them had been arrested by him, and some had served prison time, but that he was highly respected, because he always showed respect for those he arrested, and treated them kindly, unless he had no choice but to do otherwise.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, we have a cop now on the force, who is the most hated cop in this area. He gets similar treatment to what you have described from what I've heard. And has talked about moving to a different city. Wonder what the difference is. How he treats people maybe?

On topic: What we all need to understand is, the media loves to stir the pot, and create tension between people based on their race, gender, political leanings, and whatever else they can find to create division. The black and white issues are just one part of that. It is up to us, as individuals, to stop listening to their banter, and start judging individuals, not whole sectors of society.

It's up to us folks. Not them.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

First time here, sorry for any mistakes
. I think a problem is that people forget police are people as well. When a few weak and cowardly people get into a position of power, chances are they will abuse that power. From the Manager at your local super market up too the people we vote for. Often times the bad sticks to our memories much more then the good. We take an entire group of people, see a few awful examples, and deem the entire batch rotten, the same thing many people accuse every member police of doing with minorities. The emotions people feel when they see things like this blinds them from the truth of the whole image. What if it was a scene of a rookie cops' first day and as hes walking the beat, some punk with a point to prove walks up and shots the rookie. Most of us would see it on the news and completely ignore it. Like most people do when they see on the news the innocent victims of war far away. I was reading an article at Mail.com, "http://www.mail.com/news/politics/3044924-turmoil-tear-gas-way-to-hope-ferguson.html#.7518-stage-hero1-2" and noticed the caption of the 8th picture. "Capt. Ronald Johnson of the Missouri Highway Patrol smiles at demonstrators..." so I looked at what could be so funny as to crack a smile at an event like this. Found it, some punk surrounded by these protesters and feeling really brave decides to flip the captain off. I am certain the Highway Patrol was not involved in shooting, and I am certain a few protesters don't care. It is not always an Us vs Them. Sometimes its them "the police minority" defending themselves from us. The often stupid and crazy masses.

Kay from Men in Black states it best.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. "
edit on 15-8-2014 by Eyemin because: added link to Mail.com

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

If you think I treat people poorly you are sadly mistaken.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You obviously didn't read my post. None of the people that did what they did were arrested for drug usage.

Theft, burglary and domestic violence.

Good try though.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Oh I'm just speaking in generalities. I wasn't speaking about the people taking revenge against you. I don't sympathize with pretty much any cops because that is part of their job, arresting people not harming anyone but themselves so they can feel better. It's sick and wrong, and cops are on the wrong side of justice in this area. Are you honestly going to tell me you wouldn't arrest or ticket me if I were to walk past you smoking a joint or did a line of coke in front of you?
edit on 15-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

So if I arrested you for a valid law that is on the books it would justify you spitting in my food, egging my house, threatening to kill me?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I just don't sympathize with you for supporting an unjust law. I'm not saying that I would seek revenge against you for arresting me.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I support the legalization of marijuana by the way. I am pretty much convinced that I support the legalization of all drugs as a matter of fact.

I could not care less what one does in their own house.

Have I arrested someone for drugs before? Yes. But it accompanies a greater offense like burglary, robbery, theft etc. I have no sympathy for thieves.

You jumped to a conclusion and pre judged me just because I am a police officer.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I think a lot of cops hate busting people for pot, the cops think it is waste of their time.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

So because that person was doing something else that wasn't a victimless crime, it makes it ok to charge them for the victimless crime? You could have easily pretended like you never found the drugs. You never answered my question. If you saw me doing drugs (any drugs, not just marijuana) in front of you, and nothing else, would you arrest me? Or would you pretend you didn't see anything or confiscate the drugs with no arrest?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

If I saw you just doing drugs in front of me (specifically marijuana) there is a 99.9% chance that I wouldn't arrest you. As for coc aine, heroin, crack I would most likely arrest you. Like I said I am still on the fence about hard drugs because I see what horrors they can cause innocent people. If I just walked away and you became violent with another person due the drug I could be held liable. Marijuana tends not to make people violent.

I feel it is okay to charge someone with possession of drugs if they are breaking into houses/cars, committing thefts and/or robberies.

In my personal experience they are committing crimes to obtain funds to purchase drugs. This is straight from their mouths. The drugs are a major contributing factor as to why the suspect is infringing on someone elses rights.

Buy stealing from others they are proving that they are not "responsible" drug users. When I charge them with the drugs it allows them to receive drug treatment through the court system. If the treatment works they are less likely to commit another property crime.

If you are a responsible drug user and do them in your home or even a friends house there would not be an issue regardless of the legality of drugs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join