It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First suspected case of Ebola in Ireland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

A PATIENT SUSPECTED of having the Ebola virus is currently being treated at a Dublin hospital.

TheJournal.ie has confirmed that a room in the National Isolation Unit at the Mater Hospital was being prepared this morning for the possible arrival of the patient from the hospital where he is currently located.

However, the decision to transfer him has not yet been taken and he is currently being looked at by consultants.

The room is is being sealed with negative pressure to avoid spread of infection throughout the hospital.

It is understood the patient recently travelled abroad and is currently suffering from flu-like symptoms. They are believed to be at another hospital in Dublin where full precautions are in place.

www.thejournal.ie...

Should we be getting worried about this?

The MSM in my opinion has been downplaying this disease since people in Africa started dying.
But once it reaches Europe maybe attitudes will change.

Any virology experts out there able to shed a bit more light on how worried we should be.

We are constantly being told that it is quite poor at infecting other hosts due to its own shortcomings.
My question is, could exposure to different climates (Ireland is not sub Saharan Africa climate wise) speed up or affect possibility of mutation.

Don't want to be alarmist but
Are we facing Black Death II

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
independent is running same story now too. Hopefully it's not ebola.

But I do believe it's all been down played so far, every time I check a bbc article the numbers of infected don't seem to of changed. If I was caring for that patient I don't think I could risk going home to my family after my shift.

When it hits here the media will go crazy.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: HumansEh

A PATIENT SUSPECTED of having the Ebola virus is currently being treated at a Dublin hospital.

TheJournal.ie has confirmed that a room in the National Isolation Unit at the Mater Hospital was being prepared this morning for the possible arrival of the patient from the hospital where he is currently located.

However, the decision to transfer him has not yet been taken and he is currently being looked at by consultants.

The room is is being sealed with negative pressure to avoid spread of infection throughout the hospital.

It is understood the patient recently travelled abroad and is currently suffering from flu-like symptoms. They are believed to be at another hospital in Dublin where full precautions are in place.

www.thejournal.ie...

Should we be getting worried about this?

The MSM in my opinion has been downplaying this disease since people in Africa started dying.
But once it reaches Europe maybe attitudes will change.

Any virology experts out there able to shed a bit more light on how worried we should be.

We are constantly being told that it is quite poor at infecting other hosts due to its own shortcomings.
My question is, could exposure to different climates (Ireland is not sub Saharan Africa climate wise) speed up or affect possibility of mutation.

Don't want to be alarmist but
Are we facing Black Death II

Well, here in Denmark we are being told the same thing… that it is serious but we shouldn't worry.
Though I find it interesting that it can keep spreading so widely in terms of different countries even though they are aware of the issue.
Imagine an airborne mutation, now that would be worrying. The plague of this millennia...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I found this, stating there is no case of ebola in Ireland. Choose which one you want to believe I guess. www.irishtimes.com...
edit on 15-8-2014 by clenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It's just a precautionary investigation as you would expect from anyone with a sniffle recently back from Africa…..

Worlds a small place nowadays……….. I might have to think twice though before shaking peoples hands at work…

PDUK

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

TheJournal.ie has confirmed with hospital sources this morning that a patient who had recently travelled abroad was being investigated as having a suspected virus. He is suffering from flu-like symptoms and consultants were looking at Ebola as one of the possibilities.

still a possibility

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
That's my point!
Whom do you trust?

The HSE (Ireland's Health servive) is notoriously incompetent and inefficient and I fear would not be able to cope with an outbreak.

What I have read is that numbers of dead and infected in Africa is way above the official figures.

Stifling panic would be a main priority. - until the great and the good get themselves protected, more here than meets the eye.

Also please note the word 'suspected' in the thread title so obviously its just speculation ........for. now.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh

We won't be told the truth because the elite will want to vacate the coutry quietly, well before the public get a hint of an outbreak.

So I suspect the media will keep thjeir departure quiet, but if one watches that group of people one should be able to tell if Ebola does pose a threat and that its become airborne.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

The simple solution is to ban any and all passenger flights from Africa from entering Irish or U.K airspace or landing. This won't completely stop the spread of the virus into our country but it will retard it somewhat. Let the damn thing run its course in Africa it will burn itself out eventually, that's the nature of this particular beast.

edit on 15-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

We won't be told the truth because the elite will want to vacate the coutry quietly, well before the public get a hint of an outbreak.

So I suspect the media will keep thjeir departure quiet, but if one watches that group of people one should be able to tell if Ebola does pose a threat and that its become airborne.

so who is going to start a website "elite watch" or could we just have a forum on it here on ATS ...that would be a good indicator i like your way of thinking

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes, once the rats leave.... its lifejacket time!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I hope that this is just a false report because if it is a breakout I'm heading for the Aran islands. The health care system here is the most incompetent shower of feckers I've ever seen. You'd die in the waiting room of the A&E waiting to be seen.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
www.thejournal.ie...

A MAN WHOSE ‘flu-like’ symptoms were being investigated for Ebola in a Dublin hospital has been cleared by medics of having the virus.

The man was being treated at the hospital using protective ‘barrier nursing’ methods, used when infectious diseases are suspected. There was restricted access to the area where the man was being treated.

Luckily it seems to be all clear at this point, which is great news.

But more scare stories will pop up in Europe over the next few weeks, in todays world of ubiquitos travel I feel it is not a matter of if but when.

Ireland is Ebola free for now

But if the virus ever mutates and becomes Guinness borne....
We are screwed!

Mods you can bin this thread .....................For now. But wash your hands thoroughly afterward!
Peace - Humans Eh!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

edit on 15-8-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join