It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Rally Across US In Solidarity With Ferguson

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

So you just have an issue with people calling that police force to task... still isn't making sense.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I have these stupid stubby arms.

For now I'm glad that at least one person gets what I mean.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

So you just have an issue with people calling that police force to task... still isn't making sense.

When, WHEN did I say that?

WHEN????

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Whoa, Kali.... I think you've totally missed his point here. He raises a question that I've had for years and have yet to find and answer for. I don't understand where, in his words, you got the feeling he was even close to stating the above.

I will say this.. since this is a thread on the peaceful vigil's in support of bringing this issue more attention. I do so hope that the National Moment of Silence can continue down this path. Perhaps they can engage other organizations, local, state and national elected officials and bring about a much needed change. The issue now has momentum and media attention, my hope is that they can use that to their advantage now... time will tell I suppose.
edit on 15-8-2014 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Corrected organization name

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

This was the first time I've seen you post on the topic at all...

'but why don't they protest gang violence?'

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

This was the first time I've seen you post on the topic at all...

'but why don't they protest gang violence?'

Then look at my posting history for gods sake!

You're just coming across as a hater with a bias! I've posted extensively on the subject. From peaceful protests to the crimes being committed. Not ONCE have I said anything against any type of peaceful protest!

All I'm saying is lets not stop with this tiny incident in Ferguson. Lets stop all violence against youths. Either by police or by gangs that are killing far more than the cops are!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

You think, a few people on the streets is going to change the entire social structure. If you do, your delusional ... this will end up, like all other protests in the US.

It worked during the Vietnam war. It not only helped to end the war but many of the changes that the people wanted were made into law. Peaceful protests do bring about changes.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

You're just coming across as a hater with a bias!

Funny, that's what I was I thinking.

As I said it was the first post on the topic I'VE seen and that's how you came across to ME.

People do hold rallies, vigils and marches in memory of people slain by gang violence and they do try to do something about it, sorry that doesn't support your lazy, entitled paradigm.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
And once again, I feel obliged to point out where are these vigils when a black teenager is shot by another black teenager? Or a black man is shot by another black man? It happens all the time!! Why do these people only care about one particular instance? They strike me as hypocrites who are only out to do the cool thing and get attention.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MyMindIsMyOwn

I don't think I missed anything. The post speaks to the absolute ignorance that side of field holds regarding poverty and violence.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

LOOK IT UP!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

The vigils exist. It's usually not hard to see something left in memory or perhaps quite a bit left for a time on the scene of a brutal killing. This community certainly saw this 18yr old's death as brutal enough to mourn openly, as well they should...whatever happened to ultimately cause this all to start.

What do you want to see though? According to recent statistics by year, 2011 saw 1,100 homicides by firearm in our nation, if we ONLY took firearms. That is 3 per day, 7 days a week to include every Holiday along with it. We'd have 1-3 vigils every day, without missing a single one, and never have the same vigils two days in a row...to still cover media's 24hr news cycles to a large %.

So...We see the very BIG events and the community wide vigils where media decide to report it ..but I doubt many deaths go un-mourned or unmarked in our nation. I'll bet there are many many more vigils every week in this nation than the media even knows to guess a number for.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

All I'm saying is lets not stop with this tiny incident in Ferguson. Lets stop all violence against youths. Either by police or by gangs that are killing far more than the cops are!

I must be delirious - I am actually agreeing with Beezzer!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

"A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic."
-Joseph Stalin

Not much more I can say on the subject.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Not much more needs said, fellow Bunny. I think you've done an outstanding job of making points here this morning.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join