It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, How's That Police State Working Out For Ya?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO

HUGE difference in those pictures...... left side fires 5.56mm, right side fires 7.62mm

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Do we really need another thread on this? The mods shut down a thread I was commenting on because it doesn't go with the agenda of "OMG A POLICE STATE" yet let multiple threads, with the same topics, overload ATS.

Furthermore, to comment on the topic:

My town never needs officers dress like that because we try to live like decent human beings, we don't rob each other, assault each other or kill one another over nothing. We help each other out and look after each other. If you don't want a military in your town, then maybe you should try acting decent sometime instead of causing ruckus and blaming everyone else.
edit on 8/16/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut
I have been pulled over for speeding and the cop has never had there hand on there gun, nor did they go for there gun when I get my wallet outta my back pocket or go into my glove box. I even have a gun visible in my car, mind you its just a bb gun but it looks like a real gun, dont even get questioned about it.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
Let's see how that "no more free military gear" bill works out.
Bet the price of something (court,traffic infraction,taxes, various fees) goes up considerably if it passes

By a vote of 355 “no” votes to 62 “yes” votes the United States House of Representatives voted down Thursday night an amendment offered by Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) to the Department of Defense Appropriations Act (HR 4870) that would have curtailed the transfer of US military equipment to local police.

Looks like both parties blocked it

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The police in America have already been militarized…nothing new here.

Also there has been a police state in black communities across America for 40 years.

Now its all over the country...

Drugs is the first excuse they have for this police state: the Drug war

But the police state is not the cops running around the streets in this country.

How often do we even see cops?

The police state in this country is more subtle than neighborhood cops.

It goes from them all the way up to the CIA, FBI, DIA, DEA, IRS, NSA and other letter agencies all over the government.

The neighborhood cop is small potatoes...

It started in the late 40’s and 50’s with the War on communism

Then in the 60’s and 70’s came the War on crime

Then in the 80’s and 90’s came the War on drugs

In 2000 we all know of course the War on Terrorism

We won the war on communism
Lost the war on crime and drugs, and are still fighting the war on terrorism which may be the last war when the world has no choice but to come a total police state

edit on 16-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Both parties need to be taken to task by their constituents.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: smithjustinb

Well here's a link to defense industry spending on elections 2013-2014:

www.opensecrets.org...

There is also the fact that politicians are allowed to engage in insider trading.
They pass spending bills to prop up various defense contractors and then buy up a bunch of shares in those companies.

Also, the money that these major defense contractors throw at politicians via lobbying and campaign donations is tax payer money to begin with. Its a nice circle jerk.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

The level of discussion is often determined by the effort to fully comprehend, prior to making suggestions, what is actually present.

The town of Ferguson is poor and has inexpensive housing compared to the rest of Missouri. 95% of the population is black (65%) or white (30%). It is by big city standards a black ghetto. Females outnumber males significantly. Since 2007, five building permits worth $255,000 were made in a town of of 21,000+. Blacks are more than twice as likely to live in poverty compared to whites.

What I understand is that the constabulary is nearly entirely white and the leadership is only white.

This is not just crazy effing cops. It's crazy, obviously racist, politics that have ground out the civility in interactions between entitled whites with issued guns and the impoverished blacks.

It's not the guns and other armaments that have become THE ISSUE. The issue is racism and subsequent policies generated by whites in control. They have winnowed out anybody who has any drive to prosper. The town is decaying. The wages suck.

Enough banter about bargain surplus munitions as a cause. Hiring practices and wholesale abandonment of Ferguson are the roots of this cluster%%%%.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: largo

The level of discussion is often determined by the effort to fully comprehend, prior to making suggestions, what is actually present.

The town of Ferguson is poor and has inexpensive housing compared to the rest of Missouri. 95% of the population is black (65%) or white (30%). It is by big city standards a black ghetto. Females outnumber males significantly. Since 2007, five building permits worth $255,000 were made in a town of of 21,000+. Blacks are more than twice as likely to live in poverty compared to whites.

What I understand is that the constabulary is nearly entirely white and the leadership is only white.

This is not just crazy effing cops. It's crazy, obviously racist, politics that have ground out the civility in interactions between entitled whites with issued guns and the impoverished blacks.

It's not the guns and other armaments that have become THE ISSUE. The issue is racism and subsequent policies generated by whites in control. They have winnowed out anybody who has any drive to prosper. The town is decaying. The wages suck.

Enough banter about bargain surplus munitions as a cause. Hiring practices and wholesale abandonment of Ferguson are the roots of this cluster%%%%.

I can fully comprehend what is going on, thank you. I'm tired of your excuses. It takes no money to be a decent person and not rob and loot and blame others when you get caught.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You are as a child with the expression of this morality.

You have no facts just opinion.

You have no wisdom other than what you have been inculcated with.

You are using the same expressions of outrage as TPTB used in every similar scenario through history.

You think highly of your stance as you 'fully comprehend' that which is remote to you in every conceivable way.

C'mon, kid. The way to grow a world view is to agree to your ignorance about everything. Then work really, really hard to relieve that burden from your personal paradigm. Either that or become a mystic and then you can justify 'feelings' as good cause to believe something. An absolute stance in this world of spectral diversity and statistics is tantamount to admitting it's too complex for you to even try to understand actual processes.

The world is not a 'yes' or 'no' proposition. Situational responses are to be both expected and often, desirable. Lighten up, you might need that attitude expressed both to you and by you.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: largo

You are as a child with the expression of this morality.

You have no facts just opinion.

You have no wisdom other than what you have been inculcated with.

You are using the same expressions of outrage as TPTB used in every similar scenario through history.

You think highly of your stance as you 'fully comprehend' that which is remote to you in every conceivable way.

C'mon, kid. The way to grow a world view is to agree to your ignorance about everything. Then work really, really hard to relieve that burden from your personal paradigm. Either that or become a mystic and then you can justify 'feelings' as good cause to believe something. An absolute stance in this world of spectral diversity and statistics is tantamount to admitting it's too complex for you to even try to understand actual processes.

The world is not a 'yes' or 'no' proposition. Situational responses are to be both expected and often, desirable. Lighten up, you might need that attitude expressed both to you and by you.

I guess we can resort to name calling now because I'm standing by my opinion as you are yours. I guess that's what happens when you have nothing better to say. As for as your other babble goes, I'm not intelligent enough to understand your philosophical ideas as you have already deduced by calling me names. Have a great day.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Might The Posse Comitatus Act apply since these military items are in fact bought or received from federal sources, even if by proxy?
en.wikipedia.org...

Law enforcement should have no more gadgets than the average ordinary citizen is allowed. If you want to ban machine guns for citizens then police should have only special access as well.

edit on 17-8-2014 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I grew up in the inner city and I'm telling you, I was always taught that the police are the enemy and they will not give you a second chance. I thought my father was crazy when he first told me that, but years and years of dealing with "police" trying to control situations by pointing guns at me or my friends after parties, walking home, leaving a restaurant, leaving a concert, crossing the boarder... I've learned to be extremely paranoid when dealing with them to the point that I go out of my way to avoid them totally. You never know it this is the day they think your wallet is a gun and they start firing.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
a reply to: Xtrozero

You mean he didn't walk to your car with his hand on his sidearm?
Police are trained to always think you're the enemy, you want to kill them.
There is no grey area, there are no good people. im surprised you didn't get shot just going for the glove box without permission

He's doing his job. He has no idea who you are. Just because you think you're a "good guy" he's supposed to psychically intuit it somehow? Have you ever seen the Bud Dwyer video?

I'll admit that cops sometimes go too far. They have a pretty #ty job and they're just 'people' and 'people' can be both stupid and crazy.

The funniest thing I see on here is people saying it's some big conspiracy for the cops and government to take over the country and declare marshal law.
It's a cop. Pulling someone over he knows nothing about.
Do you really think he's in on some huge national/international conspiracy to take over the world and declare marshal law so that some elite society can burn the constitution written over 200 years ago and start some new rich society with middle class slaves?
Just saw lights outside. I wasn't making any noise of anything.
Trying to reason with them. Saw some strange marks on their neck right behind the ear. It's like 3 little bumps. If I put on the sunglasses they look different. I can see things clearly now.

TOO LATE... THEY'RE HERE AT MY DOOR NOW. I'VE SAID TOO MUCH....AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join