It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, How's That Police State Working Out For Ya?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: smithjustinb

They don't have anything to gain from doing so unless they are taking bribes. And, so far, you have failed to show me any evidence of this occurring.

so i take you believe the government and anyone who works for it is completely malevolent.......they have the best interests of the people....can you provide any evidence of this occurring ?

I'm assuming you meant, "benevolent". No I don't think they all are that selfless. Can I provide and example of a selfless act? Of course. Can I provide evidence of a selfish act? Certainly. But, what I can't do is provide evidence of politicians risking American lives in order to directly make a profit from a weapons manufacturer. Because it doesn't exist. The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim, anyway. The OP needs to prove that politicians are directly profiting from weapons manufacturers.

"10. Lockheed Martin (LMT) -- $19.3 million
Military contracts are lucrative, and Lockheed Martin -- the country's top defense contractor -- has landed a passel of them. But big-ticket deals like the Joint Strike Fighter don't come cheap, and Lockheed has spent over $19 million in political races since 1989. Meanwhile, its yearly lobbying expenditure ranges between $7 million and $15 million. Thus far in 2010, it has spread $6.7 million around the halls of Congress.

Lockheed's support goes to Congressmen and Senators on both sides of the ideological divide. This year, two of its top five congressional vassals are Republicans Howard McKeon (Calif.) and Kay Granger (Texas). The other three are Democrats Charles Schumer (N.Y.), Ike Skelton (Mo.) and Daniel Inouye (Hawaii)."
Source

No kidding I thought it was common knowledge they gave huge money to campaigns.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Love it.

I'm all for jumpsuits, with logos of corporate sponsors. Maybe we can have a stock ticker like graphic on television as they are talking, too.

Think NASCAR. At least you would know what you are voting for and who they represent.
edit on 15-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

Love it.

I'm all for jumpsuits, with logos of corporate sponsors. Maybe we can have a stock ticker like graphic on television as they are talking, too.

Think NASCAR. At least you would know what you are voting for and who they represent.

No I think it would be better to have one of those placards over their head while they are on TV. Each politician would have a different company or companies. Could you imagine the placard for the POTUS it would be 10 feet tall and list every Hollywood Celebrity in the US.. LOL Jumpsuit thats a great idea, preferably pink!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Bahahahahahaha. And we can replace "D" and "R" with their stock symbols too.

Incase the message is missed. Lets combine our ideas.

Real men are not afraid to wear pink. :-)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
I hope all those who are anti-gun finally understand the point of having the "2nd Amendment" and why it's so important to exercise these rights.

Earlier this year we had the Bundy Farm issue, now Ferguson.

Ferguson is just the beginning .. you see the heavy militarization in all cities - in every state .. even around the world. There is something fundamentally wrong when Local Police is better armed that our US Forces.

And how did guns help the protesters in Ferguson? When do responsible gun owners EVER take on the police or corrupt government?

You're insane if you think your guns would hold up against Aircraft and Military equipment if it came to it.

But yeah.... you keep dreaming.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Its quite stunning really.

Cops running around like soldiers without training, shooting average people who at best have hand guns who only shoot robbers and such.

Such a weird situation.

As much as id like to own my own home defense weapon in the UK, i wouldnt wish that run away train of a situation on anyone. Its probably safer in Iraq at the mo!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: flyandi
I hope all those who are anti-gun finally understand the point of having the "2nd Amendment" and why it's so important to exercise these rights.

Earlier this year we had the Bundy Farm issue, now Ferguson.

Ferguson is just the beginning .. you see the heavy militarization in all cities - in every state .. even around the world. There is something fundamentally wrong when Local Police is better armed that our US Forces.

And how did guns help the protesters in Ferguson? When do responsible gun owners EVER take on the police or corrupt government?

You're insane if you think your guns would hold up against Aircraft and Military equipment if it came to it.

But yeah.... you keep dreaming.

If it's an isolated scenario then yes it would be a waste of time, but for all out tyranny or SHTF. The public has a standing army of over 300 million. The vietnamese didn't have anything close to that and did pretty well.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Bahahahahahaha. And we can replace "D" and "R" with their stock symbols too.

Incase the message is missed. Lets combine our ideas.

Real men are not afraid to wear pink. :-)

Many times I have said the same thing the difference between republicans and democrats is the spelling. We should take over media announcements to the public for information dispersal on the politicians in washington. Real men wear pink so their friends can give them sh*t. lol My machismo just gets in the way of pink and I am way too old to change now.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: johngrissom
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I guess I should hate the police because I stay out of trouble?
Does anyone honestly think in the world anymore?

Look AT ALL THESE CRIMES!!!!

CrimeReport

Is this how humanity needs to be represented? Crimes on nearly every street? Sex offenders fill the blocks of Ferguson? Yes, I understand there are corrupt cops, but they are only corrupt because they see no reason to protect humanity when their brothers and sisters shoot at them. Would you protect your fellow American if they shot at you??? NOOOO!!!

WHYYYYYYY????????????????????? Why do you PEOPLE CONSTANTLY REBEL?????
It is sickening that you people cannot see the difference between good and evil the proper way.

You speed, you threaten people, you try to force people to accept your opinions........you people constantly break the law for selfish reasons.

I have plenty of buddies who go to bars just to bow up to other dudes for no apparent reason and some of them have gone to jail. I have been recruited to shoot up a guys trailer house because he owed someone money. Did I do this? NOOO!!! It is a choice to rebel and you people have dug your graves.

Veterans on Ferguson is the biggest joke I have ever seen and this is coming from a veteran.

At the top of the page: "The general consensus here: if this is militarization, it's the #tiest, least-trained, least professional military in the world, using weapons far beyond what they need, or what the military would use when doing crowd control."

These idiots were apparently never around a combat infantry. About 75% of the United States military are the least-trained not to mention the fact that majority of our police units are prior military. These people have no right to be saying these individuals are ill trained when they are. Most of them were probably pencil pushers anyways.

We got people presently who cannot make enough shots to qualify to be deployed...if they are in a combat situation, they are merely combat fodder.

Stop being sheeple and following something that you have no idea about.

And, yes, the local police(ground pounders) is better armed than we are because of the very fact that the local populus is better armed than the military. We in the military use air strikes to rid our foes more so than the ever so hated Israel. It isn't that hard to understand.

Stop playing soldier behind your computer or at protests. It isn't doing us any good. Russia and China will evade eventually; we will be so divided, it will be easy for them to conquer us.

My suggestion...stay in freakin doors and stop looking for trouble. It doesn't help anything when you peeps could be coming up with ways to save this country before if falters within.

GET IT. GOT IT. GOOOOODDD

It's funny, because I look at that map and I question how there could be so many dots.

The answer is obvious. It's because too many things are illegal. From Marijuana possession, to Domestic Disputes [that are just arguing, maybe someone got a little spit on their face], to Teens taking naked pictures of themselves and being put on sex offender lists....

How many of those dots harmed nobody/vandalized nothing/took pictures of their own body, but were still convicted?

Also, how come if you look at that crime map for my neighborhood, there is 0 incidents, when I know of 10 houses that were broken into in my neighborhood and actually seen, as in witnessed, people get arrested for things like possession of meth.

The answer to that is, what's reported to that site is only what they want to show you...

I.E.

Police that want to have a "Low Crime Rate" will not report, and towns that get perks and extra funding because the crime rate is high, is going to report everything, including non-convictions. In other words, that crime map isn't worth a damn, it's just a state LEO propaganda tool to manipulate funding.

Onto your actual post....

Civilians on average are NOT armed more than a militant force that is actively fighting deployed troops. The average civilian doesn't have fully automatic AK 47s, live hand grenades, symtex, C C-4....

They might have a shotgun with bird shot, or a .22 bolt action rifle -- on occasion someone has a semi-automatic AR-15 -- this isn't even close to the armaments of the military opposition, so that's absolutely 100% incorrect.

Your suggestion "Stay indoors and stop looking for trouble" is essentially saying "Act like the slave you are, go to work and stay home when you're not at work."

Because that's a healthy, fun, and fulfilling life....

By reading your post, it's blatantly obvious that you've never served, so don't go around telling people you have when you definitely never have.

P.S.

You were "recruited" to shoot up someones house? Being recruited means you did it, first of all. If you didn't do it, they attempted to recruit you, they didn't recruit you.

Secondly, you have friends that go out to bars looking to fight people? Why are they your friends?

So you have friends that go out to bars to find other dudes to fight and have been to jail doing it.... AND, you have friends that "recruited" you to shoot up someones house because they owed money.

Sounds like you hang out with scum -- yet you're attempting to give advice to people? Did you report these guys when they tried to "recruit" you into a drive by? If you didn't, you're an accomplice and if they followed through with it, you're just as guilty as they are, if they killed anyone -- the responsibility also LIES ON YOUR SHOULDERS.

You're a piece of #. I said it -- and I doubt anyone could disagree with me -- I say it so blatant, because when a moderator reads this, he's going to know I'm right and leave my comment alone.
edit on 15-8-2014 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If you don't give people the proper training you're looking for disaster. Even McPoision has training so no one gets hurt. The unfortunate fact is the LEO aren't hurting themselves, they're hurting us.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Who the hell is this guy calling me a sheep and telling me to fall in line at the same time?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Jon Stewart recommended we buy out CNN, as it is for sale. After all, he thinks the public can do better. I agree.

Really expensive price tag though, considering the "talent".

Perhaps we can get serious about it, and manage it by a brand new Public Trust.

=)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Laykilla

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I guess I should hate the police because I stay out of trouble?

CrimeReport

Is this how humanity needs to be represented? Crimes on nearly every street? Sex offenders fill the blocks of Ferguson? Yes, I understand there are corrupt cops, but they are only corrupt because they see no reason to protect humanity when their brothers and sisters shoot at them. Would you protect your fellow American if they shot at you??? NOOOO!!!

It is sickening that you people cannot see the difference between good and evil the proper way.

You speed, you threaten people, you try to force people to accept your opinions........you people constantly break the law for selfish reasons.

I have plenty of buddies who go to bars just to bow up to other dudes for no apparent reason and some of them have gone to jail. I have been recruited to shoot up a guys trailer house because he owed someone money. Did I do this? NOOO!!! It is a choice to rebel and you people have dug your graves.

Veterans on Ferguson is the biggest joke I have ever seen and this is coming from a veteran.

At the top of the page: "The general consensus here: if this is militarization, it's the #tiest, least-trained, least professional military in the world, using weapons far beyond what they need, or what the military would use when doing crowd control."

These idiots were apparently never around a combat infantry. About 75% of the United States military are the least-trained not to mention the fact that majority of our police units are prior military. These people have no right to be saying these individuals are ill trained when they are. Most of them were probably pencil pushers anyways.

We got people presently who cannot make enough shots to qualify to be deployed...if they are in a combat situation, they are merely combat fodder.

And, yes, the local police(ground pounders) is better armed than we are because of the very fact that the local populus is better armed than the military. We in the military use air strikes to rid our foes more so than the ever so hated Israel. It isn't that hard to understand.

Stop playing soldier behind your computer or at protests. It isn't doing us any good. Russia and China will evade eventually; we will be so divided, it will be easy for them to conquer us.

My suggestion...stay in freakin doors and stop looking for trouble. It doesn't help anything when you peeps could be coming up with ways to save this country before if falters within.

It's funny, because I look at that map and I question how there could be so many dots.

The answer is obvious. It's because too many things are illegal. From Marijuana possession, to Domestic Disputes [that are just arguing, maybe someone got a little spit on their face], to Teens taking naked pictures of themselves and being put on sex offender lists....

How many of those dots harmed nobody/vandalized nothing/took pictures of their own body, but were still convicted?

Also, how come if you look at that crime map for my neighborhood, there is 0 incidents, when I know of 10 houses that were broken into in my neighborhood and actually seen, as in witnessed, people get arrested for things like possession of meth.

The answer to that is, what's reported to that site is only what they want to show you...

I.E.

Police that want to have a "Low Crime Rate" will not report, and towns that get perks and extra funding because the crime rate is high, is going to report everything, including non-convictions. In other words, that crime map isn't worth a damn, it's just a state LEO propaganda tool to manipulate funding.

Onto your actual post....

Civilians on average are NOT armed more than a militant force that is actively fighting deployed troops. The average civilian doesn't have fully automatic AK 47s, live hand grenades, symtex, C C-4....

They might have a shotgun with bird shot, or a .22 bolt action rifle -- on occasion someone has a semi-automatic AR-15 -- this isn't even close to the armaments of the military opposition, so that's absolutely 100% incorrect.

Your suggestion "Stay indoors and stop looking for trouble" is essentially saying "Act like the slave you are, go to work and stay home when you're not at work."

Because that's a healthy, fun, and fulfilling life....

By reading your post, it's blatantly obvious that you've never served, so don't go around telling people you have when you definitely never have.

P.S.

You were "recruited" to shoot up someones house? Being recruited means you did it, first of all. If you didn't do it, they attempted to recruit you, they didn't recruit you.

Secondly, you have friends that go out to bars looking to fight people? Why are they your friends?

So you have friends that go out to bars to find other dudes to fight and have been to jail doing it.... AND, you have friends that "recruited" you to shoot up someones house because they owed money.

Sounds like you hang out with scum -- yet you're attempting to give advice to people? Did you report these guys when they tried to "recruit" you into a drive by? If you didn't, you're an accomplice and if they followed through with it, you're just as guilty as they are, if they killed anyone -- the responsibility also LIES ON YOUR SHOULDERS.

You're a piece of #. I said it -- and I doubt anyone could disagree with me -- I say it so blatant, because when a moderator reads this, he's going to know I'm right and leave my comment alone.

I concur. thank you for stating the obvious with this guy. In his personal search for knowledge and truth, this person seems to have gone down the wrong road a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This whole thing probably started as a cop with an attitude. It was caused by everyone involved and in the area...including the cops. It was tense place with good guys and bad guys on both sides. It is a real shame that someone was killed, died, was murdered...whatever you want to call it. I wish it had never happened.

But everything, everyone and all the attitudes contributed. The citizens have probably encountered jerk cops and the cops have probably encountered jerk people. They probably had little if anything in common. It was a bomb just waiting for someone to light the fuse. I'm also pretty sure the cops disliked the "n-words" and the people disliked the "militant pigs".

We are all different people living under the misguided idea that a "melting pot" and diversity works. It doesn't...and I'm not talking about race. I'm talking about people alike in mind, attitude, goals, etc. We used to live in a country where Virginia (for example) could be represented by a Representative because everyone who lived there basically had the same situation, wants, beliefs and jobs. Not today. Today, we are all mixed together where we can't be represented because we are many different people in the same place. In this case...the cops and the community. In other places...religion, politics, income level, etc.

Equal rights, fair treatment, tolerance...ABSOLUTELY! I practice it every day and to me...it is easy and natural. But we are animals just like all the others and we prefer being with others of the same goals and beliefs. Today...other cops were brought in, including a black Police Chief (I believe). Everything calmed down. Maybe our idea of forcing something that is not in our nature as human animals...isn't a great idea. Maybe this community should have been policed by people that are more in-tune with the community. Maybe they should live in the community and know the people by their first names. Maybe all this...celebrate diversity, isn't all it is cracked up to be. I wonder...even though it may be a mess to create...how we would get along if we all lived in towns (for example) where we were all basically of the same mind-set instead of being so different. In this case...I bet there would be one more person alive.

Just a thought...not a determination.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Well here's a link to defense industry spending on elections 2013-2014:

www.opensecrets.org...

I don't know what category "small arms" would fall under but suspect it's included in this assessment.

So yes - politicians are making money from the militarized police force. Note I said politicians not 'the government'.

I don't know where prison spending would be - maybe finance lol.

Yeah - theres lot's of money to be made in the good old military/industrial/prison complex.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well, I'd feel more comfortable and accepting of a "police state" if:

1) Me and my family and neighbors and friends could legally own the EXACT same type of weapons that the police now have...tanks, drones, microwave, sonic, sniper rifles, machine guns, flash bangs, tear gas, rubber bullets plus real amo.

2) When white collar criminals and corrupt bankers and politicians get treated with the same amount of force and even brutality as the rest of the common folk.

3) When big shots that commit crimes go to the same kind of prisons as the rest of the great un washed masses and not to some federal prison or half arse half way dealy that is more like a country club.

4) When ALL those guilty of war crimes actually get arrested, convicted and sent to prison.

5) When those same militarized cops use all that force to arrest illegals that are drug lords and human traffickers.

I'm sure I can think of a few more things to add to this list later. Since none of the above will ever occur, then no, I'm not liking this "police state".

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal I know the first one on my list will get flack as a bad idea and I "get it" relevant to such if someone points it out...still, if this country is gonna get that bad... our streets patrolled heavier than what some Vets have said occurred in the war zones...then we may as well sink or swim. fish or cut bait or whatever, as, if we can't level the playing field and it even gets worse than it already is, we are dead meat anyway, unfortunately. Sure, in a perfect world, it would be better to have the old timey cop walking a beat on the streets and where you felt you could smile at each other and speak and even wish each other well or ask for directions. Now, true story....someone asked a cop for directions recently and got told, "I'm not the efing yellow pages and was so rude/crude."

I no more want to see our streets turned into war zones than anyone else but when the "authorities" come at the common citizenry with such...as someone mentioned, our puny guns wouldn't be enough anymore. When you are out gunned, the only thing left is to level the playing field or put a stop to the militarized cop crap altogether. That would be a solution but I don't foresee it happening.

And money IS made by factions and politicians and govt. to a point. Think about "Fast and Furious", Prez Johnson and his defense contract ties, maybe even Haliburton and so on. They just have better "front" covers and can hide it all better but you can bet there are those that DO benefit from all this militarization and weapons for cops or for DHS or whomever.

Ex

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom
Paranoid much???

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Jon Stewart recommended we buy out CNN, as it is for sale. After all, he thinks the public can do better. I agree.

Really expensive price tag though, considering the "talent".

Perhaps we can get serious about it, and manage it by a brand new Public Trust.

=)

I think you could get a better price on MSNBC. Their viewership is lower than a snake belly in a wagon track. I like the Political Distrust on the Hang 'em High Channel.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

CrimeReport

Bro. Not every person is a child molester, Murderer, thief, etc. The Police are supposed to PROTECT the people. Not call in the S.W.A.T team when a peaceful protest is going on due to the fact that a cop shot and killed an unarmed man. Your logic is really #ed up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join