It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan calendar and bible (Revelations) question?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thecry

well the mayans could have meant alot of things by ending there calender but im sure somebody can come up with many different theories but to answer youre qustion no that does not mean 2005 will be it the gregorian calender was started and restarted and so on were probably really almost in 2030

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHoracid

b/c you can already see even if you dont believe in the bible that america is gonna loose its power and b/c the things in the end time concern the judgement of israel and the future ten kingdoms the antichrist is not gonna rule the world but he will become the new america his choices affet the world

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I would not automatically rule out the possibility of the Mayan calendar having some correlation with the Apocalypse just because they were pagan. Remember the "3 wise men"? They were Magi...astrologists...and not Jewish. Based on what they saw with the stars and planets (that a Jewish King was born) they came to find the baby Jesus and give him the gifts, and worship him. I think they are the first recorded people to worship Jesus after he was born.

en.wikipedia.org...

And according to some people ( www.markbeast.com - I'm not sure about everything on the site, but there was some interesting stuff. ) 70 jubilee-cycles after God's people entered Canaan, which possibly puts the beginning of the Tribulation in 2008 (this year). The year 2012 would then occur in the middle of the Tribulation, and the end would occur in 2015.

Jesus Christ seems to be mentioned in the middle all the time, like when God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit are mentioned, He's in the middle. He died in the middle of a 7 year sabbatical cycle (3.5 years of ministry) - “In the middle of the ‘seven’ He will put an end to sacrifice and offering.” Daniel 9:27 (NIV)

Here's another site that briefly mentions this: www.kjvbible.org...

I just thought this stuff was interesting. I don't necessarily agree with everything on www.markbeast.com, but the Sabbatical and Jubilee cycles were something I was never aware of, but they seem to make sense and seem to be supported scripturally. I'm not sure of the accuracy of the calculations of years/seasons on the site, but the fact that the Mayan calendar ends around the middle of the (calculated) last 7 years before the next 1000 years with Christ reigning on earth begins, plus with all the other astronomical things possibly happening then (according to scientists), I would say that there's enough information/evidence to consider it a possibility.

When you look at the extent of sin in the world, it's hard to imagine that the end times would not occur in the near future. Our government (the U.S.), the most free country, is so corrupt on so many levels, and the level of freedom is nothing compared to what it was when it was created in the late 1700's...I would even consider the vast majority of the population on earth, including us in the U.S. to be slaves...to the monetary systems, the political systems, the entitlement systems (welfare, financial aid, subsidized whatever...all based on forcibly taking property [money usually]...commonly known as theft...from one person and doing whatever they want with it or distributing it however 'they' see fit)...God-given rights are forsaken for 'positive rights'...our freedoms/rights are systematically being denied more and more, and we no longer have the power we used to have to guarantee that our government works for us instead of against us. What made our country great was that the libertarian ideas in the minds of the people of this country in the late 1700's was that they matched very closely to those taught in the Bible.

These days people think that the ends justify the means, and stealing from someone is ok if it helps someone else, or that the government is all-knowing and knows how to raise a child better than the parents of the child do, or that unjust pre-emptive wars are somehow ok and will somehow make us safer (no man can guarantee safety) and the ability to ignore our right to privacy, or uses fiat (fake) money and manipulates the supply through interest rates and printing more of it (inflation - which is practically a hidden/deceptive tax/theft).

Unjust government intervention promotes conflict in peoples lives and economies, whereas respect for peoples God-given rights, and punishing the unjust promotes peace for all those involved.

With widespread disregard for justice or any Christian principle in todays world, we're definitely nearing the end days.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

This is all very well, but what you have to remember is, is that the mayan prophecy was an `event` occurrence, and not religious. Religion has passed on and falsified documentation, and mixed it up, either for own needs, or `chinese whisper`. I am certainly not religious. I think there are those that know of this cycle occurrence for dead cert, and yes, i agree with whoever it was, saying about bush pressing for `freedom`! After all, there are those who say we aren`t free, and if this is true, then negativity will write the next level of concienceness; Hence hard times.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
u crazy as hell 4 thankin dat

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
u crazy as hell 4 thankin dat

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thecry

the Mayan calendar and all their writings were destroyed by the Priests & conquistadores...because their culture was so un-Christian and un-Biblical

the Maya calendar has a Great Year which is 25,626 years long
the Great Year is made up of 5 each ~5,125 year long 'ages'

Each 5,125 year 'age' is definitely/ precisely; 1,872,000 days long
now if one were to consider the 'days' as a rhythm or a pulse of the Earth... much like a heartbeat pulse of mankind.
Then when you divide the number of days in an 'age' = 1,872,000 days
with the pulse of a human 72 or 73 beats per minute...

We come up with a strange & odd anomaly...

1,872,000 divided by 72 = 26,000 (appox. the duration of the 'precession' which is 25,900 solar years)
1,872,000 divided by 73 = 25,643 (appox. the length of the Maya 'Great Year' which is 25,626 years long)

The Christian prophecies are 'spiritually' esorteric
the Mayan calander prophecies are voiced or seen by shaman and calander 'Priests'...and related to the cosmos/nature cycles/ man himself

the Mayan Priests also used human sacrifice, cutting out the beating hearts of the captured enemy, so the rain, sun, crop cycles would be abundant...That's why the length of each age cycle was related to the pulse of a human heart beat = which was a secret code to the Maya Priests...

so you can extrapolate that the Maya developed their calendar in the relationships between humans and the Earth & cosmos cycles... an ongoing rhythm-pulse-continium...We thus begin a new 5,125 year age cycle, followed by 4 more equal ages = equaling another 'Great Year'(which is an approximation of the solar 'precession cycle' of the Earth

~~ not on the promise of a future armageddon or a paradise~~

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thematrix

yee witch would expane why the cristal sculls all look a bit diffrent maby its the evoloution i read that the myan calender acually ends in the year 7442 so i dont think im gonna be around to see that how old is this thread or blog or watever you call it any way

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecry
On the Mayan calendar it says something like the gods will return on dec21 2012 (the last date on the Mayan calendar), if this is true and the bible Revelations says there will be "seven years of tribulation" before Christ will return, does this mean that 2005 will be the first year of the "seven years of tribulation" and 2012 will be the last? I'm not saying there both true but if they are then they kinda coincide?

No, the 7 years of tribulation haven't started yet because the Christians haven't yet been raptured and they will not have to endure the tribulation.

Also, maybe the "mayan gods" will come back in 2012 - but that just means the demons will be back. The demons that the world thinks are aliens. The Bible tells us that Satan is the god of this world.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

there calander cycle is every 3600 years which is the cycle of the sun twin passes the our solar system.which in 2012,at the same time time our solar system will be entering the dark rift of the milkly way.which is the gravity force of the black hole in the center of the milky strectched throught the
whole milkly way.the worlds end begins in 2012.and it gonna take our solar system 7 years to pass throught this rift.type in youtube ("nibiru")

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
look people,the cycle was based on the cycle of the planet nibiru 3600 year cycle through our solar system.every 3600 years the planet swings through our solar system coming close to earth and causing cataclismic problems for earth.it is not the sizes of pluto like some claim but 5 times the sizes of jupiter.a planet the size of pluto would not cause the poles to shift.alot of this stuff is common sense.know every 26000 years our solar system pass through the milky ways dark rift.check this out on youtube.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
the great flood during nohahs time was caused by 3600 year cycle of the planet five times the sizes of jupiter.nasa has a ground telescope in the south pole with above top secret photos of the planet on its way now and will be just below the galatic plain in 2012.you think the goverment is gonna tell you the truth and panic the whole world.the bible is nothing like the preachers and bishops and others preach.the bible is a warning to man kind based off of accient civilizations long ago.revelations has so many clues relating to the mayans.the goverment has had all companys
to erase the location of the planet on google maps online map and other maps sky maps.if you found the location on any of these maps,you would see nothing but a black square cut out in the section on any sky map.
sorry my friend but 2012 is the beging of the end of man kind.some people will survive.the 1s thats been saved by god and the ones who could afford to wait it out in there moutain homes.god said,dont get use to the things of the earth for it wont last forever.2012 is the beging of end.
but what make this end worst then other accient civilations is the dark ritf.
its gravitional forces is gonna through the balance off in the solar system.
come on people this is not rocket science.look here it goes.in revelations it says the heavens will open...great solar flare off of sun ripping away atmosphere.the water dried up on earth due to sun and no atmosphere.the stars shall fall from the heavens,the asteroid belt being thrown off by planet passing and the dark rift gravity forces.remember people back then called anything in the sky a star because they didnt have a hbble telescope.although they were very smart people in there time.oh im sorry,those asteroids in the belt will hit the earth,finishing for a couple of sentences above.and one rock head towards earth in 2012 will look funny.know why?because they tried to blow it up with a nuc.but blew out some of the center,so it looks like a donut.remeber temple 1.it wasnt just an impact to collect dust.come on people.is they why we kept picking the wrong president all this time,cause we lack common sense.but finally
we have the right 1.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHoracid

i like you,alot of you here have interesting views.but think about what my friend here just said,here is a short break down.chine is the dragon thats gonna rise and try to slay the men of the earth with the help of russia and china's other evil alies.the dragon who has many horn apon its head which are there alies,10 horns which are the nations on there side.china has been growing more powerful by the year.look at us now,our country is in a finacial mess because some no common sense people voted to put bush in power.now dont get upset some of you here.because im almost sure,that some here voted for that guy.the worst president ever to take office.know some people had the nerve to try and put in mccain to continuedigging us deeper.wow!!!!maybe this world needs to come to and end because all the evil people in it.its a shame that such a beautiful planet such earth has to suffer for mans evil sin.anyway,china now is planing with its alies to try and over throw the united states.get out of her for the great city babylon.then the bible goes on to say that its the city of fornication and the it has poison the world.the usa is the golden land of milk and honey.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
um, i wasn't gonna put anything on here, but to the guy saying the heartbeats per minute thing- what significance did a minute have to the Mayans? did they have digital wall clocks? aren't minutes in our world slightly off according to the great planet spinning cycle things. also, doesn't everyone have a different heart beat? well, not everyone, but you know what i mean. honestly i don't really know anything about this stuff. but i can dig most of it, except the heart beats per minute thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Anyone interested in both
1 - the prophetic meaning behind the end of the Mayan Long Count on 12/21/2012
and
2 - the seven year tribulation and end times bible prophecies
will definitely be interested in the new (published 2013) book

End Times and 2019: The End of the Mayan Calendar and the Countdown to Judgment Day

The author claims that astronomical references in the bible make use of God's clock - the night sky - to clue us in to the dates of end times events, and that the most significant events begin December 21, 2019 - exactly seven years after the Mayan date, which is of biblical relevance.
check

endtimesand2019.webs.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
And this thread is along the same lines:

The End of the World comes on 21 December 2020
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by CircleOfDust
started on 6/27/2013 @ 04:34 PM

These may interest you as well:

I can't scratch this mental itch that EOY 2013 is actually the real 2012 Mayan end date
by CircleOfDust
started on 7/30/2013 @ 12:38 PM

Major Time Code Figured Out! (The "Time Appointed The End Shall Come")
by Stargate2012
started on 7/11/2011 @ 03:02 PM

The arrows point to 2019/2020

<< 1  2   >>

join