It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan calendar and bible (Revelations) question?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The end of times began with the reformation of Israel in 1948 but the clock began ticking in 1973 when Israel captured Jerusalem. October 1973 to Dec 21 2012 is approx 40 years. 40 years is the length of a "biblical" generation. The generation that sees the reformation shall not pass until the return of the lord.

Jan 23rd 2012 begins the year of "the dragon" in the chinese calendar. Interesting coinicidence.

The bible code indicates a massive impact of an asteroid or comet in 2012. And smaller event beginning in 2006

(Revelations 8 also talks about such an event.

7The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

8And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

9And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

10And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters

No one knows the hour of the return of Christ but you will know when he is at the door.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Just off the top of my head, if you read the book in a black and white literal fashion you would be lead to believe that there are literal beasts/monsters that end the world.

If you follow the most popular interpretation, by reading someone else’s interpretation from a book, you would believe that the beast is a one time, all powerful, human incarnation of Satan.

If you study it in conjunction with the rest of the bible and some history, you realize that beasts are countries, and that there are MANY Anti-Christ’s throughout history.

Just outta curiosity how do you know the ET’s are not in fact what is referred to as fallen angles, after all there is a class if angle known as a throne (a wheel in a wheel with eyes around the outside), and Satan is titled the , “prince of power in the air”.

Anyway, good luck to you too, but at least read the three main schools of interpretation before you make any decisions on the book. Just common sense to get all the angles, not just the popular ones. I think that I know from your other posts about how evil my country is, you might be surprised to find how right you are.

[edit on 1/12/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally by DrHoracid
The end of times began with the reformation of Israel in 1948 but the clock began ticking in 1973 when Israel captured Jerusalem

Only if you believe in Futurism. If you are a protestant of any major church, you need to check what your religion actually teaches on this, not your local pastor, your founding leader. 9 chances in 10 its historicism. Look it up and take a few minutes to read about it, you will start to understand the deception, and see how well it fits this time now.

One thing though, read it with an open mind, it’s NOT politically correct. The two main bad guys are Rome and the US. The two beasts, the last two superpowers. Check Daniel, the beasts and the statue are all about world dominating countries, not specific people (an Anti-Christ). That is not up for interpretation, it specifically says they are countries when the angle interprets it for Daniel.

Futurism has become so popular, it’s all that is spoken of any more; even I used to believe it until I did the research myself. That is why I keep pushing this point on this site, not because I enjoy typing…

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
In other words how many will accept something they should not because they believe they should be raptured prior to those things happening?
Because they don’t see an ALL POWERFULL ANTI-CHRIST?
Because there is still not a peace treaty in Israel?

I'm not fully convinced that the pre-trib rapture is an accurate teaching. In fact I'm leaning heavily to wards the inclination that it's a misunderstanding that will surprise many, many people. Read the words of Paul to the Thessalonians when he was comforting them that the second coming hadn't happened yet.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.-2 Thessalonians 2:3

The anti-Christ will not appear all-powerful at first. His rise to the top will be quite peaceful and he won't appear to be monstrous until it's too late for anyone to do anything about it. Why else do you think that Israel and others will be willing to sign a treaty with him? You know he's going to be a really nice, likable guy. Everyone has much bigger things to worry about.

You're (DrHoracid) mentioning the mountain being thrown into the sea reminded me of an article that I read earlier today. This might actually end up being it's own thread. This prophecy has the sound of a volcano (fiery mountain) sliding off into the sea. And how does this destroy ships? Sounds like another tsunami.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
First of all, if you wish to link the Mayan 2012 as being an end of times theory to that of Revelation, then it becomes important to come as close as possible to the correct CE year.

This is supposedly the 2004th year after the birth of Jesus, the number calculated based on Biblical events, feasts etc. However, Herod died in 4BCE which means that to 2005, we must now add 4 years. But, when he searched for Jesus, he searched for an infant that was at most two years old, which means that Jesus was born in at least 6BCE as we know it. adjusting the year then, this is 2005+4+2, 2011 at a minimum.

Revelation calls for 2 messengers or witnesses to prophesy prior to the beast. They have not materialized, their visit was the first 3.5 years after which they will be killed by the beast. If the Mayan December 2012 is to be linked to Revelation then, 5 of those 7 years have already passed, the beast supposedly has already reared his ugly head and killed the witnesses, yet this event seems to have gone unnoticed, and the beast has supposedly been here doing his nasty deeds for 1.5 years.

So the answer is no, there is no connection to the Mayan calendar and no connection to the Eu either, since in that case, the two witnesses have not preceded this union.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
Revelation calls for 2 messengers or witnesses to prophesy prior to the beast. They have not materialized, their visit was the first 3.5 years after which they will be killed by the beast.

Actually, there is no mention as to what part of the 7 years that they will be alive during. The Bible simply gives the number of days which = 3.5 years. It could be the last half of the 7 years or somewhere in between. This is another assumption that many have about the book of Revelation that is untrue.

"And I shall give power unto my Two Witnesses, and they shall prophesy 1260 days clad in sackcloth. - Revelation 11:3

The only other time-frame is that they are dead for 3 days. This could be at any time during the 7 year period as long as it starts no longer than 3.5 years into it. If we begin in 2006 or 2007 then we may not even see the Two Witnesses until during 2009.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally by dbates

I'm not fully convinced that the pre-trib rapture is an accurate teaching. In fact I'm leaning heavily to wards the inclination that it's a misunderstanding that will surprise many, many people. Read the words of Paul to the Thessalonians when he was comforting them that the second coming hadn't happened yet.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.-2 Thessalonians 2:3

I agree with this for the most part, but the falling away is already happening, and might even be part of what I have been fighting against. Look how Christians have suddenly become the BAD guys everywhere, especially by ex-Christians. Remember that it is to be a deception so great that even the very elect may be lead astray by it, Futurism is too well known and too simple.

originally by dbates

The anti-Christ will not appear all-powerful at first. His rise to the top will be quite peaceful and he won't appear to be monstrous until it's too late for anyone to do anything about it. Why else do you think that Israel and others will be willing to sign a treaty with him? You know he's going to be a really nice, likable guy. Everyone has much bigger things to worry about.

Unfortunately my agreeing with you ends there, again at least read some historicism. I am not just preaching any one church I support, all of the original ones EXCEPT Rome followed this line of thinking. The problem is that somewhere Futurism became more popular, or more pushed and therefore more known to the common man (can you say, “someone’s agenda”).

At the very least as a Christian you must know that Paul specifically said there would be MANY Anti-Christ’s, not one.

originally by dbates
You're mentioning the mountain being thrown into the sea reminded me of an article that I read earlier today. This might actually end up being it's own thread. This prophecy has the sound of a volcano (fiery mountain) sliding off into the sea. And how does this destroy ships? Sounds like another tsunami.

Well one thing, a tsunami would only destroy ships on the continental shelf, not those out to sea. It would pass below those. This sounds enough to me like an asteroid impact in the ocean.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I'm not fully convinced that the pre-trib rapture is an accurate teaching. In fact I'm leaning heavily to wards the inclination that it's a misunderstanding that will surprise many, many people.

Good to see not everyone has fallen for that theory...

Does anyone know how long a Mayan year lasts?
The didn't use the same calendar right? So I'm guessing their years are not the same, no?

How do we know we haven't passed it already?

Who calculated that the 26000 year period (Mayan) is up at 2012 (Georgian)?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Why is the most powerful nation in the history of the plant not mentioned in any end time prophecy?

I am awaiting the two witnesses

I am awaiting the rebuilding of the third temple.

We already have "storms and earthquakes".

The asteroid impact could be coming soon along with the stars falling like a fig tree stuff.

There is only (1) pope left on the "list" (maybe?)

What about the 200,000,000 man army and the dry bed of the euphrates?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Actually, there is no mention as to what part of the 7 years that they will be alive during. The Bible simply gives the number of days which = 3.5 years. It could be the last half of the 7 years or somewhere in between. This is another assumption that many have about the book of Revelation that is untrue.

"And I shall give power unto my Two Witnesses, and they shall prophesy 1260 days clad in sackcloth. - Revelation 11:3

Actually there is. 17:3 tells of the beast with 7 heads and 10 horns. 17:8 tells you that this is the beast which ascends from the bottomless pit. Going back to the witnesses then, 11:7 says that when they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit kills them.

If anyone wishes to claim the beast is here, then he is only here after he has killed the witnesses, because those same individuals are using a 7 year time frame, which is derived by 40 and 2 months for his power, and 1,260 days for the messengers. Consequently, the messengers come before the beast.

The revelation time has long past. the 7 heads were the churches to which the author wrote, and the 10 horns described the split of the Roman empire into 10 divisions.

The only other time-frame is that they are dead for 3 days. This could be at any time during the 7 year period as long as it starts no longer than 3.5 years into it. If we begin in 2006 or 2007 then we may not even see the Two Witnesses until during 2009.
Now you have to decide then if you wish to modify the time measurement given to suit your purpose. And if you are going to assign 84 months as a literal seven year period, then 3 days are literally 3 days. To do anything else is to open the possibility that anyone can interpret the numbers any way they like which just reduces every single interpretation to a farce.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The two witnesses that preach in sackcloth can also be interpreted to mean the Old and New Testament in a language that common man may read. If you recall correctly, Luther was the first on to put them in common language (German) and Rome tried to kill those copies, but they survived in the end.

DrHoracid

Your right if you believe in Futurism the US magically disappears, If you believe in historicism, then It shows up at the appointed time after when the first beast was wounded. 1776, the US is the second Beast.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Read the White Horse prophecy. I am St. Joseph and the world will not end it will be a rebirth of good and all will be pure again. Love will rule the world.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecry
On the Mayan calendar it says something like the gods will return on dec21 2012 (the last date on the Mayan calendar), if this is true and the bible Revelations says there will be "seven years of tribulation" before Christ will return, does this mean that 2005 will be the first year of the "seven years of tribulation" and 2012 will be the last? I'm not saying there both true but if they are then they kinda coincide?

The "gods" if often refered to "lesser gods", actual beings that pass themselves off as gods.

Whereby the Most High God, the creator, our father, the God Jesus was talking about and Jesus himself are not included in the Mayan calendar so much.

the 7 years of tribulation are based around the date of 2012.

The rapture is a false idology.

The most relivant line between the Mayan calendar and the bible is the share understanding of "Days Ending" or end of days.

Any more questions please feel free to check out my thread here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by St.Joseph
Read the White Horse prophecy. I am St. Joseph and the world will not end it will be a rebirth of good and all will be pure again. Love will rule the world.

That depends upon the term "World". It's a misunderstanding that the term "world" is associated with a replacement of the word planet.

The World that will end is that which mankind has built upon the Planet Earth.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
According too Ronald Weinland we are pretty close too the coming tribulation which all happens from april 2008 when the seventh seal is opened. By 2012 this is when God will setup his kingdom. Which is probably what the mayan calandar points too although im not certain but it does kind of make sense.

Well according too Ronald Weinland also states there will be no rapture and that traditional christianity has misinterpreted all the rapture stuff.

Check out Ronald Weinlands sites below

I also suggest listening too some of his interviews here, they explain alot www.the-end.com...

the-end.com...

www.ronaldweinland.com...

[edit on 29-11-2007 by TruthSeekers]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The Mayans were master mathematicians who tinkered with calendars that depicted cycles of the planets. They took a special interest in the movements of the planets Mars and Venus, and knew the cycles of the Sun. They believed that the Earth would reach some kind of synchronization with the universe by Dec. 22, 2012. One Mayan prophecy is that the current Age of Materialism will end on this date.
Source

Actually the Mayans thought that by 2012 something would happen to Earth and it would become synchronized with the universe.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Actually the Mayans thought that by 2012 something would happen to Earth and it would become synchronized with the universe.

Possibly the Kingdom of God which is setup at 2012?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekers

I could not tell you, if I could it would mean I am a prophet. I am no prophet. I am a mere man reading another person's work.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
It's only after factoring in other apects of Prophecy do you beging to get the larger picture of the "end of the world" in 2012ish.

There are actually about 2 dozzen that can be added, but I'll stick to two.

First you've got to realize that the end of the calander is equated to the new age and the "endtimes". After all when is the "end times" but when time ends. But that is a mute point.

There's what is known as the Pope Prophecy by one St. Malachy.

Malachy was a man on the way to rome struck with a vision of the popes from his time until the "end of the world". As the real storie goes, he was given a list of 111 popes with a last "pope" statement. Somewhere along the lines it got confused as 112 popes. However, with this world's new pope we've entered into the last of the list of 111 popes until the end of the world. The "dark pope", (dark not being evil) could be the last in the line of popes, that means the pope that's in power now, or it could be a pope put into place while the world is in the midst of trouble.

When you factor in the ages of 111 people, all dying at diffrent times, you have to realize this is far more then cowincidence that we should aline "the last pope" on the list within so close of a date of 2012.

Now if you also factor in several Nostradamus statements about the 3rd antichirst, you'll have to be sporting some really thick blinders not to understand the reality of the date of 2012.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I hate to discredit your comment, but it couldn't be further from the truth.

In actuality the Mayan calendar system, which is actually comprised of multiple different calendars, was an extremely accurate method for tracking galactic time. The Mayans were able to figure out the cycle of the sun and it's sun spots. The end of their long count, or 13 baktuns, 13.0.0.0.0, marks the end of the current sun and the dawn of the fifth and final sun. It is also the end of a 26,000 year cycle which upon completion will bring the sun and it's planets in line with the galactic center, Hunab Ku. This galactic alignment will cause the new sun to shine its intensely bright light unto the earth changing the DNA of all life including the earth itself. They did not prophesize the end of the world, but rather the birth of the new. This new birth, the 2nd creation can occur in one of two ways: Either our blindness to galactic time by living according to the false Gregorian Calendar, will cause great cataclysmic change, or the acceptance of the 13-moon calendar will bring forth the dawn of the no-osphere, a time in which all humans will unlock out ability of telepathy and be able to communicate on a cosmic level once again.

This prophecy actually coincides a great deal with the bible to the open minded reader. The bible is a largely symbolic work. The symbolism contained in the Mayan prophecy coincides with the books of Revelations and Genesis on many levels. The largest of which is the number seven. The seven forms of light which create the rainbow an the seven triangles of the serpent at Chichen Itza correspond to the seven days of creation. The mayans were in fact so in tune with galactic wisdom that they were able to break down God's seven days of creation into earthly years.

see: israndjer.blogspot.com...

There is far more to the Mayan calendar than the naked eye can perceive. Only through detailed study of it and what it actually means, can one understand it's greatness.

Now, for those that do not look at things on the spiritual level, but the material scientific level, let me make you aware of this:

Astronomers have identified a single sun spot that just popped up, that is rotating in the opposite direction of the current sun spot cycle. This is an indication that the polarity of the sun could be on the verge of reversing completely. Which does occur approximately every 5100 years. This event could drastically affect the magnetic field of earth causing major events such as earthquakes, volcanoes, and tsunamis. Could this be a coinsinence? I don't believe in that notion, so I would say absolutely not.

The Mayans were extremely intelligent, even more so than we are today. The reason is that they were able to unlock the wisdom of the universe through their highly complex calendar system.

I would suggest to you.......research it in great detail before discrediting it in any way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join