It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan calendar and bible (Revelations) question?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
On the Mayan calendar it says something like the gods will return on dec21 2012 (the last date on the Mayan calendar), if this is true and the bible Revelations says there will be "seven years of tribulation" before Christ will return, does this mean that 2005 will be the first year of the "seven years of tribulation" and 2012 will be the last? I'm not saying there both true but if they are then they kinda coincide?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecry
On the Mayan calendar it says something like the gods will return on dec21 2012 (the last date on the Mayan calendar), if this is true and the bible Revelations says there will be "seven years of tribulation" before Christ will return, does this mean that 2005 will be the first year of the "seven years of tribulation" and 2012 will be the last? I'm not saying there both true but if they are then they kinda coincide?

The Mayan Calendar doesn't say that. It says the equivalent of "Old Milennium gone; do you have your new calendar carved yet?"

It's just a calendar. Like the ones that hang on your wall -- only it has a 3600 year cycle. There are no Christian-like prophecies tied with it.

A number of "gurus" have "channeled messages" about this and they've come up with a lot of different things. But the real calendar simply finishes the Great Cycle and they would have had a new calendar made.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I agree with byrd. There is really nothing Christian about it.

-Chris

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Now this is an excellent question. I don't feel that this is tying two religions together. Let's say that the Mayan's astrology practices had hit on a certain truth. I don't see anything in this prediction that counters what is said in the Bible. thecry has hit on what I think is an interesting topic. If you pieced these two pieces together you get the erie prediction that the Tribulation spoken of in Revelations will start in 2005.

Why should we assume that the Mayans decided to end the calender on this day for any other reason than the fact that they believed that this was the end. They didn't run out of numbers to describe the count of days. I'm going to have to research this a bit more.

One way to know for sure. The Bible claims that Israel will enter a 7 year peace treaty. If we see Israel sign this treaty this next year, then we'll have confirmation that the Mayans may have been onto something.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Your rite Dbates,It's the time frame that I find interesting,not thier religious beliefs.But if the time frame of the mayan calendar and revelations do come together then maybe something will happen on 2012 that we might not expect.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
The Mayan Calendar doesn't say that. It says the equivalent of "Old Milennium gone; do you have your new calendar carved yet?"

It's just a calendar. Like the ones that hang on your wall -- only it has a 3600 year cycle. There are no Christian-like prophecies tied with it.

A number of "gurus" have "channeled messages" about this and they've come up with a lot of different things. But the real calendar simply finishes the Great Cycle and they would have had a new calendar made.

Actualy if I'm not mistaken, the Mayan calender spans 26000 years

And what is said to happen then is "the end of the 4th race"
Which by many is read that human kind will go extinct. Which is just a dumbass doomsayer interpretation.

It isn't ment like that. The end of the 4th race is like a person turning 18. You go from being a kid to being an adult.
Human kind, according to the mayans is supposed to go from being the 4th to the 5th race, wich pritty much means that the stage will be set for the next level of human evolution.

As many have said up to now, the human race is immature and dangerous to itself and everything else. By 2012 we are supposed to grow up spriritualy and move to an era where we can coexist with the other races in the universe in peace, instead of killing ourselves and everything else we don't understand.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I've read in a few places that the Mayan calender was so accurate, that the Dark Overlords in charge of the world (and the Church) made the Gregorian calendar a few years off on purpose to throw off all of humanity, and that we're so close to the shift now, that's why the Bush Admin is so hell bent on taking over the world. Cause they think if they just get a real firm grip on all of civilization, we won't jump into the higher dimensions.

Or something like that.

About the 26,000 year thing, that's how long it takes for our galaxy to do one full rotation around the Great Central Sun. The Photon Belt emits extra high frequencies of light in bands that the universe passes through regularly. Since we went through it last time, the Annunaki came here with their evil-doer-ways and changed our DNA so we'd be dumb and be stuck in a world of oppression/disease/starvation/slavery. No more. We're getting out of it, and fast. Children are telepathic now, many people are psychic, all due to the higher frequencies. Our DNA is changing to 3 and 4 strand, from 2.

All the stuff about the destruction of the earth was the plan back 2000 years ago. Over the past 10 years, however, the plans have been changed. We've entered the Photon Belt, and it's changed the soul level of every being on earth. The Creator (or whatever you wanna call "the one in charge") has seen to it that we've gotten help from millions of our space friends to alleviate the negativity and keep us from all dying in this huge upheaval.

(I think I have all that right. If someone else here can clarify a bit more, that'd be excellent
)

------

[edit on 9-12-2004 by coney]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The Mayan Calendar works with cycles, with one cycle of time inside another. European concepts of time are defined as linear, most older cultures see time as repeating, hence the cycles.

The Mayan Calendar does not end in 2012, it is the end of one cycle, and the beginning of another. Unfortunately the mayan astronomers were wiped out, their knowledge burned and smashed by a very jealous European Church. Otherwise we might know what the next cycle entailed. We have bits and pieces, but almost all is missing.

The 26,000 year cycle is the earths length of precession. ( it does fit into other ancient cultures, mainly astrology and archeoastronomy) and does not really fit into the Mayan calendar.

There are dates the mayans recorded which translate to several hundred million years, so it spans some vast time periods (in the past) it is a shame we do not have more of their books and codexes left.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
toolmaker, you just answered my question:
Is it possible they were interruped by the european explorers before they could begin carving the next calendar? Anything not 'set in stone' was destroyed.....and some of the stone stuff as well. Maybe the next one was still 'on the drawing board'.??

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1

toolmaker, you just answered my question:
Is it possible they were interruped by the european explorers before they could begin carving the next calendar? Anything not 'set in stone' was destroyed.....and some of the stone stuff as well. Maybe the next one was still 'on the drawing board'.??

No. The European exporers came in 1500 -1600 AD. They would not have begun carving a new calendar until the late 1990's or thereabouts... because they wouldn't need it.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The end of Myan calender is not the end. Just the beginnig. Ask Mr. mpeake!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Why should we assume that the Mayans decided to end the calender on this day for any other reason than the fact that they believed that this was the end. They didn't run out of numbers to describe the count of days.

Actually, they DID.

They counted things in cycles, and this was the point when all the cycles coincided (went back to zero.)

It's like the Chinese zodiac (you know; like are you a Tiger or a Monkey or an Ox or a Dragon). In that zodiac there are day names (same animals) and month names (ditto -- animals with colors with metals) and at some point you go through all the possibilities and you have to start over.

Same with the Mayan calendar.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally by Thecry
the bible Revelations says there will be "seven years of tribulation" before Christ will return

Originally by dbates
One way to know for sure. The Bible claims that Israel will enter a 7 year peace treaty

I would like to add that a 7-year tribulation period is only one interpretation of Bible prophecy, and it is not the interpretation that any of the main protestant reformers held.

The idea that there is a 7-year tribulation period comes solely from Jesuit Futurism and is based on the 70 week/years of Daniel. According to Futurist interpretation, the last week is to be, �cut-off� and held for some future period. The idea that there is going to be an Israeli peace treaty is also based on this interpretation. This all comes from this quote in Daniel, not from Revelation:

King James Version
Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

According to the protestant reformers, this final week of Daniel was fulfilled with the stoning to death of Stephen. The final week represents Christ�s three and a half years ministry, and that he is the fulfillment of the covenant that God made to man that he would send us a Messiah. The reason that the sacrifice is cut off in the middle of the week is that Christ was crucified after 3.5 years of his ministry, therefore becoming the ultimate sacrifice and rendering the Jewish sacrifice invalid from that point onward. This is also shown in the New Testament with the fact that the temple drape to the Holy of Holies was rent in half; this is where the blood of the yearly sacrificial lamb would be sprinkled for the sins of the Hebrew nation. The next 3.5 years is the time that the remaining disciples where allowed to preach the word of Christ before they where similarly persecuted. This persecution and the beginning of the, �end times�, began with the stoning of Stephen, three and a half years after the death of Christ. This is the Historic view on the prophecy of the last week of Daniel.

So I guess my answer is no, IMHO this would not be the beginning of the tribulation period, because it has all ready begun. Things are supposed to continue to speed up as we approach the end of the world; however, and in fact seem to be doing just that.

As an interesting side note, if you believe that the Psalms are a yearly prophecy from 1901 to the end of the world from Israel�s perspective, then this could be a very bad year indeed. Psalm 105 written by Moses is about the 10 plagues of Egypt...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
One way to know for sure. The Bible claims that Israel will enter a 7 year peace treaty. If we see Israel sign this treaty this next year, then we'll have confirmation that the Mayans may have been onto something.

Allright. This is getting very interesting now. Before you read the rest of this comment you need to make sure that you are caught up on Javier Solana. Now if you're caught up on Solana let's jump into the interesting stuff. Arafat is dead, and we now have a Palestinian leader who is willing to negotiate with Israel, and Sharon seems willing to negotiate with the Palestinians. Of course helping this all along is a powerful figure in Europe who is going to make sure this peace happens

Solana meets with Abbas, vows EU will do it all it can for Mideast peace
Europe is ready to do everything possible to help realise the dream of Middle East peace, EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana said after meeting the incoming Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas.

"I have been meeting with Israelis and Palestinians for a long period of time and I can say that this is a very happy day, as I'm sure it is for all Palestinians," said the Spanish diplomat.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I find all of this very interesting. Of course this all could be a coincidence, but wait! Check this out! The EU has a 7 year budget plan and plans to use this as a tool to lure Israel and Palestine into a peace agreement. There will be significant economic benefit for those who join and go along with the treaty.

So if they do this it would would be exactly what was foretold in the Bible. The Treaty is called the European Neighborhood Policy and will begin in Jan 2007 and be in effect for 7 years. So if you start at 2007 and go for 7 years that puts you at the end of 2013. So maybe the Mayans were off a year. That or maybe things get really weird that last year and they didn't count it.

And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week(week of years), but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate (Daniel 9:27 New American Standard Bible).

What Herb Thinks (From Fulfilled Prophecy)
I know it's hard for some to see. That's because it's hard to understand what's really going on in the EU. On January 1, 2007, when the EU's next seven-year budget term begins, the EU will have six new funding instruments with which to function -- including one drawn up by, and for, Solana. At the same time, Solana is scheduled to become the EU's new Foreign Minister and Vice President of the Commission. He will have almost complete control over the EU's foreign and security policy and be the most powerful man in the EU -- and possibly the world.

Friends, it's all coming together. A perfect fit for what we Bible prophecy believers have been expecting. Beginning January 1, 2007, Solana will have at his fingertips everything he needs to confirm a seven-year covenant with many -- a covenant destined to be broken.

One more thing we can watch for if this is the guy is when he subdues three kings in the 10 king alliance. "he shall subdue three kings" (Dan. 7:24) If you read the thread I referenced earlier, you'll see that the suspicious party in this case is the Western European Union. So possibly between now and 2007 three leaders from the WEU will be subdued. We don't know what that means exactly, but I'm assuming it's a peaceful toppling of these three kings since he is able to strike up a peace treaty after this. Then in 2007 the peace treaty begins and we can count down 7 more years until the end.

You're probably thinking I'm off the deep end on this one, but I have to say that this is a pretty good theory. It's not a crackpot "I had a vision" theory. We're talking about text written thousands of years ago that appears to be taking place now....*Begin disproving now*

[edit on 11-1-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecry

No, I don't believe so, because the seven years that the Bible speaks of are seven Jewish years, which are not seven Julian years.

I have worked this backwards. And will be glad to share my numbers with you.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
p.s. My spreadsheet is at home, so I won't be able to give the exact calculations until tonight. But I worked this two different ways and it falls in the first week of January 2006. As a matter of fact, one way I calculated it it fell exactly on January 1, 2006.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Is it not possible that the reason those things are happening is because the enemies team wants people to fall for the great deception that came from the first beast just like prophesied?

Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy if you catch my drift…

IMHO the end times are well under way, and the slow moving prophecies of futurism are going to catch many a Christian off guard. How many Christians are going to be willing to receive the national ID or an RFID simply because they have not seen the futurist prophecies come in the time or order that they expect?

In other words how many will accept something they should not because they believe they should be raptured prior to those things happening?
Because they don’t see an ALL POWERFULL ANTI-CHRIST?
Because there is still not a peace treaty in Israel?

If nothing else hope for the best (a pre-trib rapture), but prepare for the worst (Christians are here to the bitter end and persecuted more then ever in history). This only makes sense to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The calendar as we know it is like the georgian calendar made by the romans after jesus...all those months have the name of a roman guy back in the antiquity...
The mayan calendar was made by the mayans who had much more connections with the paranormal than us and they have very high knowledge (that is why they were all killed by the europeans) they saw time in another way...the end of the 3D world in 2012 in the roman calendar..not the END of the world, just a world change after the earth shift in another dimension....
In the bible, the revelation is like the end of the world as we know it.....(I'm not christians but I'm curious and I read the entire book of revelation) we see at the end of the revelation that people of earth will be free (free from 3D) and all the dark

That's it
Amelia

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally by Amelia
I'm not christians but I'm curious and I read the entire book of revelation

No offence you cannot just read Revelation and understand it. Revelation was purposely made to rely on symbols and hints from the entire rest of the Bible, especially Daniel….
If you want to understand it you have to start at page one of the Bible, unless you just want to follow someone else’s interpretation from some cliff notesy kinda book.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I just do my own interpretation by what I understand
I used to be a christians when I was a child and teen and we learned bible at school...I'm not that ignorant of the bible
Bible is a good tool for prophecies, like I said, any kind of document can help you understand, just take some and leave some....

I always tell myself that the angels in the revelations are the Ets in a spacecraft who come to save us...maybe that is silly hehehehe

Keep searching for the truth!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join