It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Careful What You Wish For...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

The Cedars of knowledge are the only tree humankind will ever truly need. Making this world a more tolerable, more prosperous place and transforming mankind into a self-engineering, perpetual, independent species is the only goal some of us have ever had. Liberty, Egality, Fraternity, once and forever. Amen.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I would say I experienced my request from God's perspective. How could I love anything truly without a greater understanding and for that I needed to look inward. I was humbled by it, blown away. Rebuilt to an extent. The answer in my mind to our problems is consciousness and that comes about from an effort to know. For if you knew all things you would have an absolute knowledge that in the end there can only be love and truth. When I said I loved God before it was mostly idealism. When I think of God now I can see how a parent could hurt with the child in punishing it. If you are the kind of person that it kills you to punish the child you know it's only because you want the best for the child. You want him or her to be conscious of it's actions and to think, to grow.

Mankind falls asleep easily and seeks not to know. We have to be urged along and this happens easily through painful events. When we are empowered or too comfortable in life it's easy to be casually judgmental. It's natural for us. It's one of the reasons it is so important to be humble and kind. If not our errors begin to multiply and reverberate through those we come into contact with in our lives. In that way a grain of sand causes the seas to rage. It only takes one.

I fully acknowledge that we suffer now. I think this will continue to get worse also. Not because the world as a whole is evil. It's every little piece of gossip we indulge in. Every cruel and inconsiderate thing we do compounds over and over. Currently up is down, right is wrong, a lie is the truth and vice versa. The world has embraced a lie and loved it. Hatred also. They judge other peoples errors with a lack of knowledge and find their own just. Done so at a time when humanity didn't have to suffer and great strides could have been made in our spiritual development. But people became empowered on an individual basis and embraced lies and greed. They exemplified self without reservation.

In us all is two things that govern us. One is this physical existence where we worry about food, shelter, reproduction as well as what it takes to guarantee the continuance of these. When not empowered or comfortable this physical life can be a desperate existence. Which often makes us willing to do anything to preserve ourselves. Which makes our own little world of I, me, self. Self preservation. Then there is the spiritual part of us. Love, truth, kindness. Aspects that often don't seem to make sense. As I have read it though the flesh is the test of the spirit. What do you have faith in. I am an example of having lost much faith in the physical where once I worked hard to keep it paramount. I can see where in the Bible the poor man is taken into God's care and the rich to Hell. And on this last don't think I'm indulging in religious dogma. When we pass I think we see ourselves in God's eyes and judge ourselves. In the end we all come to God regardless. As I have come to understand it.

I wish ruin for humanity. But it's not because I hate mankind. One could play an idealistic version of here and now, say once again (as in our history) that we are on the cusp of enlightenment. That has always been a self motivated lie though. Mankind has to change at an elemental level. It's consciousness has to be raised. I think we all know from our experiences what that will take.

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: Apollumi
So I wonder if you feel as though God punished you? Or do you see how he showed you how you did not love him, and what you needed to change that you may come to love him more...

I say he showed you how much he truely does love you...

I understand your point made on a lesson for mankind, but in truth we have failed far too many tests already, and I ask you do we not suffer even now?
Know you need not suffer alone instead let us all suffer together for each other until there is nothing left to suffer for...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thinking this should be more in the religious section.

Anyhow, humankind faces horror in 10 years huh.. Well not much of a loss. The human race is a cancerous lump on the plant, the quicker we are off it, the quicker the earth can heal itself and all the millions of other species can thrive.

However, 10 years? no..keep dreaming.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Do you hold love and truth in high esteem? If so why?

Considering the suffering of humanity I once wondered why God would allow it. I now think it is be design and God is the author of it. Too much effort has been spent on the spin of God as a particular culture wishes to believe in him. But I think there is a true end goal where Love reigns supreme. It's a refinement process that is going on. Pleasant, perhaps not. We should hang a big sign over the earth that says "Work in Progress".

originally posted by: WanDash
a reply to: 5StarOracle
Generally liked your OP - 5StarOracle
...but, honestly, I don't think it's our fault...if It was Set Up this way...

Looks to me as if whomever/whatever programmed this game/reality...could have made it all a little more obvious.

Where do you think all the division came/comes from?

If we started as single-celled creatures...that evolved...and evolved...and evolved...until one day, we were standing erect on two legs, with opposable thumbs...asking - "What am I supposed to do, now/next...?"
...how are We to expect/suppose that there was any/(some kind of) Unity prior...to the first bunch of people saying - "We need to get together...and...communize..." (...in whatever language the formerly disconnected people/s could each&all understand)

Conversely - If we were created by some spiritually-superior being (God, Allah, etc...)...how did They mess up so badly that...so many groups/communities of people continued to develop...unaware of...Them...and whatever "obvious edict/s" They had superimposed on our existence/reality/future... ? ? ?

In other words... WHERE is this Unity supposed to have its origin/s?
Biblically - it wasn't there...from the virtual beginning...
Evolutionarily - it wasn't there...from the virtual beginning...
Why should it be here...now?

Why does EveryOne believe something...different?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Walkingsenseless
Thinking this should be more in the religious section.

Anyhow, humankind faces horror in 10 years huh.. Well not much of a loss. The human race is a cancerous lump on the plant, the quicker we are off it, the quicker the earth can heal itself and all the millions of other species can thrive.

However, 10 years? no..keep dreaming.

The apathy and self delusion that have been created in humans is extreme. This video is about food, but I see the same theme in religion where people, say a certain garment of religion is the right and others are wrong regardless of the fruit of the faith in that person. From my point of view all human religions are simplifications of the real deal and many know the words and thinks the words are true without knowing the experience the words are trying to describe.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread...I for one am torn with the wickedness that exists here on this earth. Not that I desire wickedness..but that the wickedness overcomes my humanity at times and I call forth judgements upon the bodies of persons. And then find that my soul must repent lest I bring judgement upon myself or the world as a whole.

Yes I need to break the bonds that I have forged or perhaps have been purposed by others against me and humanity as a whole. Truly the battle will divide us to the bone and the marrow and who can know the heart until it is brought into such straits ?

Let us pray that our fetters are broken and that a good work may be done on the earth...to the saving of ourselves and others.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1-3-2016 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join