It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police chief rips Obama remarks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The executive director of the Fraternal Order of Police criticized President Obama Thursday for his remarks about law enforcement in Ferguson, Mo.

"I would contend that discussing police tactics from Martha's Vineyard is not helpful to ultimately calming the situation," director Jim Pasco said in an interview with The Hill.

"I think what he has to do as president and as a constitutional lawyer is remember that there is a process in the United States and the process is being followed, for good or for ill, by the police and by the county and by the city and by the prosecutors’ office," Pasco added.

Pasco harkened back to 2009, when Obama criticized a Massachusetts police officer for arresting Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates, when he was attempting to break into his own home. Obama said the officer had “acted stupidly.”

"That is one where the president spoke precipitously without all the facts," Pasco said, adding that the current situation "is a much larger and more tragic incident."
Pasco said both police and members of the public are entitled to due process but said he is not convinced police have used excessive force in Ferguson.

Police chief rips Obama remarks

This guy is just sticking up for his brother in blue. He says he was not there and dont have all the facts but still quick to stand up for his union brother. He said he is not convinced police have used excessive force in Ferguson. Really a dead teen shot in the back is not excessive he should keep his mouth shut until more facts come out.And what about NOT calling in the shooting this guy and his agenda is transparent..He should be let go. my 2 cent

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8
And your 2 cents are not worth .02 cents
Nobody knows exactly what happened, everybody choosing sides is stupid.
edit on 8/14/2014 by catt3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This police man should check into what has happened. If he has then I would hope he would declare himself unfit and resign.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Actually, a president with the track record of Obama in regards to protestor arrests, establishment of "free speech zones" outside of which no protestor can assemble, and disproportionate militarized police responses in places like Nevada should honestly keep his damn mouth closed about Ferguson. The only way that blowhard has any justification to speak on Ferguson and Ferguson police actions is if he prefaces it with "People of America, I am humbly sorry for my administration's track record of militarized policing and disrespect of Constitutional rights. I have seen the error of my ways and will henceforth be an advocate for the citizenry, starting with protestors in Ferguson." As his statements stand, however, he's just another hypocritical jackass.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

"I would contend that discussing police tactics from Martha's Vineyard is not helpful to ultimately calming the situation," director Jim Pasco said

If stating that citizen's and press first amendment rights should be respected is some how a problem with police tactics then we have a very serious issue. What a clown.

link   
So this stupid cop got upset over these comments?

"I've already tasked the Department of Justice and the FBI to independently investigate the death of Michael Brown," he said, referring to the teenager police fatally shot on Saturday. "I made clear to the attorney general that we should do what is necessary to help determine exactly what happened and to see that justice is done."

"I know emotions are raw right now in Ferguson, and there are certainly passionate differences about what has happened," Obama said. "But let's remember that we're all part of one American family. We are united in common values and that includes the belief in equality under the law, respect for public order and the right to peaceful public protests."

The president said that regardless of the circumstances of Brown's death, there is no excuse for the police to use excessive force and there is "never an excuse for violence against police, nor for anyone to use this as a cover for vandalizing or looting. "Now is the time of healing. Now is the time for peace and calm on the streets of Ferguson," he said.

Obama Urges Healing, Peace In Ferguson, Mo.
Does this cop want things to get violent seeing how Obama said he wanted peace?

link   

originally posted by: catt3
And your 2 cents are not worth .02 cents

I agree. We don't know what happened and should reserve judgment until facts are available, but I think we can all agree that the police response to the protests have crossed the line and their tactics should be called in to question.

The world is watching this and I believe this is going to open the police up to a lot of scrutiny in how they treat the public.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I understand Burdman's frustration.Sheepslayer is right in keeping vigilance without pre- judging a situation we really don't have any real facts to.Ob should just shut as well, imo.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

No he is not..

Obama on the other hand is causing more of an issue.

Since Obama has proven he is incapable of being President, I guess all he has left is to now interfere in local issues.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
"Fraternal Order of Police" is connected to Free Masonry. Free Masonry is a subversive organization.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Obama on the other hand is causing more of an issue.

You must not have heard the president's remarks.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
After reading the Obama's comment on the incident, i found no inflammatory remarks or irresponsible remarks from the president. In this regards i think that police's statement is not appropriate given the heavily restrained words from obama , unlike what he said during the shooting of Treyvon.

i agreed with the police in previous obama blunder/statement in dealing with police / black issues. But in the latest incident obama didnt release another blunder to appease the black community like previous ones
edit on 14-8-2014 by buntalanlucu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Actually, a president with the track record of Obama in regards to protestor arrests, establishment of "free speech zones" outside of which no protestor can assemble, and disproportionate militarized police responses in places like Nevada should honestly keep his damn mouth closed about Ferguson

Disproportionate militarized police response in Nevada? How about the disproportionate militia response to the cries of a hysterical whiner who didn't want to pay a nominal grazing fee to utilize public land for his business like everyone else? Do you blame Washington for the militarized response to the Whiskey Rebellion?

While I find free speech zones intolerable and the very idea repugnant, I don't think their existence precludes commentary on Ferguson. Personally, I'd be more upset if the President didn't say anything at all.

We've got police arresting, strong arming and gasing protesters and members of the press following the shooting of an unarmed teenager (shot how many times? I've seen reports of possibly as many as 8 times????). The director of the FOP can go to hell.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Disproportionate militarized police response in Nevada? How about the disproportionate militia response to the cries of a hysterical whiner who didn't want to pay a nominal grazing fee to utilize public land for his business like everyone else?

Bundy's grazing permits were cancelled in favor of environmental mitigation.

He didn't pull the cattle off the land and got fines.

He refused to pay fines and get cattle off BLM land.

Bundy is the king of "NO".

The BLM failed because they couldn't get all the cattle either.

No looting and rioting.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

No looting and rioting.

Perhaps that's because neither Mr. Bundy, nor his family, nor any of the assembled "militia" had tear gas canisters fired at them? Perhaps because no one was shot while their hands were held high in surrender? Multiple times?

Hunh.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I don't understand why "choosing sides" keeps coming up. I am offended there was a loss of life. That's MY side. Everyone that's speaking up about choosing sides either doesn't appreciate the value of a life or doesn't see the full picture.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: catt3

I'm with you.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Everyone that's speaking up about choosing sides either doesn't appreciate the value of a life or doesn't see the full picture.

Wow. So you're a clairvoyant? Just saying. You don't leave us too many options. There's only two possibilities, huh? I guess I'm a horrible person.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I disagree with you on Bundy and any notion of supporting this failed presidency. That said, please don't mistake my attack on what Obama said for agreement with the FOP spokesman. I don't like what is happening in MO at all. I also don't like the fact that we've had a lecturing "do as I say, never as I do/rules don't apply to me" president once again flapping his hypocritical mouth hither, tither, and yon presuming the majority of Americans care any longer for anything he says.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I disagree with you on Bundy and any notion of supporting this failed presidency. That said, please don't mistake my attack on what Obama said for agreement with the FOP spokesman. I don't like what is happening in MO at all. I also don't like the fact that we've had a lecturing "do as I say, never as I do/rules don't apply to me" president once again flapping his hypocritical mouth hither, tither, and yon presuming the majority of Americans care any longer for anything he says.

Agreed -

Also don't forget that the team the DOJ is sending in to look at this is the exact same team involved in the treyvon martin mess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join