It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The real Men in Black..."

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I thought I would link to this U.K Guardian article, though of course it covers a lot of well trodden on here, but interesting nonetheless...

LINK

edit on 14-8-2014 by jamdan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This could have the potential to be an excellent thread - Jamdan.

I'd read the article you linked and compose a thought out OP with the gist of the article and your thought on the article. I'm not inclined to do it for you.

Use your editing window to flesh out this thread. What are the points in the article you agreed with or disagreed with? What content about the article would you like your fellow ATS members to discuss about the thread?

~ CdT

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jamdan

All know that the ET stories of today are fabrication but if there has ever been real presence from other beings, no one can deny the things that have happened in history suggesting that.

However, using 'The Guardian' as some trustworthy source? Of course other than the side of denying of foreign presence what else would you expect? Just because there are nearly all cases - some fabricated and some imitation of a UFO with flash lights and such.. does this account for everything?

What is this article trying to say - close your eyes, all is Dotty's and co fabrication. This is a disinfo on its own if the article is just telling you to close your eyes.

I am not fan of highly stretched stories of aliens that look funny when making assumptions of something is not certain to be here, but I dislike even more seeing such kind of articles that tell you 'we created the UFO myth' but at the same time without the help of such liars that need to burn in hell like Dotty, there are so many things that may lean the history of mankind in the direction of foreign presence. Perhaps this is the way to hide it? By creating mythos, making people give up after seeing what waste of time it was - when media creates an article to say how much it was all fabricated and to ignore it.

The Guardian does this excellent, TL: DR - all is fabricated, Dotty helped a lot, nothing to see, ignore the topic, all is a myth. *yawn* MSM, do you expect them to ruin their prestige with mysteries? Screw mainstream media, they just write what they are dictated to write.
edit on 14-8-2014 by CollisioN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The Bennewitz story has always intrigued me. Very interesting read, but I will agree with CDT. This has the potential to be a great thread on ATS. It would just take a little time and effort.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Make yourself proud OP and polish this thread to become such a shiny unmissable target for readers.

When someone like CdT comments on your thread about it, you should take inspiration

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
There is already a very good thread covering the issues covered in the link you provided here:

Mirage Men is Out

Now believe me I am not against people creating a new thread on a topic we've already covered on here. If it offers something new or interesting.

But it also means you have to make a bit of effort on creating some content of your own, giving your own opinions and perhaps asking a few pertinent questions to create a good debate.

This isn't Twitter. So my advice is to use the time you have left to beef up your opening post with a serious edit or let it float away into obscurity.

I apologise if I seem to be coming over rather heavy here but many of us are fed up of a seeing a couple of lines of text and a link or a youtube video. It maybe ok on other social media but it's plain lazy on ATS.

So take a look at some of the other threads on here , learn to use BB Code to improve the visual presentation (there is an excellent page here : www.abovetopsecret.com...) and learn to write a few decent paragraphs of your own. It's not too difficult and will certainly bring more people to your threads.

But the choice is yours.

edit on 14/8/14 by mirageman because: The movie Mirage Men has nothing to do with me by the way. Any link to me alive or not is purely coincidental

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Well, that's awfully big of you. In my haste to link to the article I failed to write down my thoughts. I'll mull it over in my own time, it that's alright with you, and compose a reply later.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamdan
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Well, that's awfully big of you. In my haste to link to the article I failed to write down my thoughts. I'll mull it over in my own time, it that's alright with you, and compose a reply later.

It was a simple suggestion. In most cases people want their threads to be looked at. The one's with great presentation are the ones that grab people's attention. If you don't want to put the time and effort into a thread then don't bother starting one in the first place.

Also keep in mind that not everyone has access to these sites for one reason or another and by you offering tidbits into the OP they can still make a comment. Just some food for thought.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well, I'm glad the subjects referenced are still alive and have some traction for discussion. The topic is not only fascinating, imo, but probably even relevant in ways that are presently hard to conceptualize or consider.

Btw...Doty wasn't involved in Serpo my butt. That he was isn't even debatable. Pretty much same goes for another person interviewed by Pilkington: Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green.

edit on 14-8-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CollisioN

Indeed, I do believe the Guardian to be trustworthy and I assure you I am discerning in my choice of media outlets.
So far, the advice I have been given on proferring this link (bended of the knee) to the high court is to open my eyes...or close my eyes. Not sure really, but thanks for the mini-lectures on forum etiquette.

Who knew...

edit on 14-8-2014 by jamdan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Most of the men in black dont know the truth anyway - they abuse the UFO topic when ever they need to but they dont know what they are talking about either.

Its all just people running around chasing down other people who run around trying to "uncover" the truth.

There are so many cover ups that i dont think any one really knows whats going on any more.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamdan
I thought I would link to this U.K Guardian article, though of course it covers a lot of well trodden on here, but interesting nonetheless...

LINK

The thing about is - WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT? Why would they dupe the general public into believing in ET? I didn't see a good reason in the article, but I did read thru it quickly. The only reason I can see for doing it is to muddy the waters so real encounters just get buried with the slew of false encounters.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22
Ive suspected for years now the same thing - that aliens were a construct pushed by a grander conspiracy.

I used to believe in them wholeheartedly but the more I researched the more suspicious I got. Did you know that the Rockefellers had a UFO advocacy group that actively tried to convince scientists that aliens were fact? Without even a body as proof? Thats not science.

Also remember the comic The Watchmen. At the very end the villain Ozymandias genetically engineers fake aliens and kills millions of people with them. The next day the Soviets and Americans agree to a one world government solution. There's your answer.

Aliens serve as a distraction from real political conspiracies.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
Ive suspected for years now the same thing - that aliens were a construct pushed by a grander conspiracy.

I used to believe in them wholeheartedly but the more I researched the more suspicious I got. Did you know that the Rockefellers had a UFO advocacy group that actively tried to convince scientists that aliens were fact? Without even a body as proof? Thats not science.

Also remember the comic The Watchmen. At the very end the villain Ozymandias genetically engineers fake aliens and kills millions of people with them. The next day the Soviets and Americans agree to a one world government solution. There's your answer.

Aliens serve as a distraction from real political conspiracies.

Well regarding your last sentence, not many people think about or consider aliens, alien being, UFOs or anything related on a daily basis. Many never consider them at all. I'd go so far as to say the vast majority of people walking the planet don't. So how does this fit with your last sentence? Not claiming it isn't so, but what is the conspiracy as you see it?

(post by Poppcocked removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
First off, I dont know whether aliens exist or not, but I find it absurd that people make so many claims about aliens when its never been proven they even exist, and I find it absurd how much effort people put into 'researching' it. Because I was one of those people.

Think about all the conspiracy theorists in the world. Sure lots of them are schizophrenic, lots are fantasy-prone individuals who believe anything, some are propagandists and some are just dumb... but many are intelligent people with journalism skills who expose real world conspiracies, like corruption and murder cover-ups and such. Imagine how many crimes people could get away with if that talent is wasted on something that might not even be real? You would want to distract as many people as possible with something frivolous, distract them from real issues.

UFOlogy is chock full of believers. They are filled with religious fervour, it has become like a cult. Ancient Astronaut theorists believe in things just as absurd as religious beliefs yet claim religions are wrong. So I thing aliens are sort of like the next era of religion, something that is controlling populations. Not to say that religion is inherently wrong, but it was always USED to control masses. I think aliens could work the same way. Like I mentioned in the Watchmen, fake aliens were used as a 'common enemy' to unite the world under one government...

Not everyone considers aliens on a daily basis, but more people believe in them now than ever before in history. When I was little I didnt believe I KNEW, because tv told me so. So many child cartoon has aliens. It becomes normalised.

When you think about it, there is a vast history of making people believe in aliens. Roswell is full of psychological warfare... think about how the army invited a reporter to the crash scene. HOW DOES THAT MAKE MILITARY SENSE? There are 3 options: it was a secret air force project, it was a secret soviet project, it was extra-terrestrial. No matter which, they would not have wanted to publicise that. But they deliberately did, gave the man a firearm against protocol, published an article in the newspaper, then later retracted it and claimed they never said that. That is classic psychological warfare, it would cause people to believe in an alien cover-up. It seems to me if they actually wanted to cover up aliens they would have done so. Sorry for writing so much.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jamdan

the ones around military bases are probably military or ex military guards
another group might be 'alien' origin, or 'off planet' visitors
very secretive
i wouldnt know anything about it personally

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Looking through the article I do get the impression that it is a disinformation campaign designed to confuse. Claiming that cattle mutations are a result of from underground nuclear fracking experiments is just as bad as the military continuing to release stories that Roswell was some 'top secret' weather balloon.

If you do choose to look further into mirage men then view from the position of social engineering and a disinformation campaign rather than factual information about the UFO situation.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

I think you're way overestimating how many people this is an issue for. Most people never give it a thought - I'd say like more than 95% of the population. Probably a few percentage points higher than that too. So no, it's not used to control the masses. Not even close. The masses don't think about aliens and UFOs. They think about feeding their families and getting a job or what's for dinner or when is the new iPhone coming out. That's first world nations. The rest are just trying to figure out how to survive.
edit on 62906Fridayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 63007Fridayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
And I think you're underestimating things, but you havent been on ATS as long so I believe it...

As we speak there are people posting about rocks on Mars they are certain are statues of reptilian heads, and dozens of people are supporting them. There is an unscientific TV show called Ancient Aliens that is the most popular show on the history channel. There are countless movies coming out about alien invasions. There are endless videos on youtube claiming to show aliens but are nothing more than lights in the sky. When the Norway Spiral and the Jerusalem lights happened there was coverage on the news for weeks about aliens, even though there was no evidence of aliens.

Decades ago aliens were a fringe belief, modern day it is the norm. Even the Vatican said its possible. Complete 180?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join