It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Klaus Kinski spoken word “Jesus Christ Saviour”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So I was searching for Werner Herzog films that I haven’t seen and came upon a film (not by Herzog) of a spoken word piece by Klaus Kinski called “Jesus Christ Saviour”. I found it on Youtube and it was pretty amusing to watch. The Hecklers add to the production, but the Spoken Word piece has an impact. This is basically if Jesus was alive today, and you don't have to be a believer to watch (i'm not).

I know he is a controversial figure and posters will be dyeing to point those parts of his life out, but this is about the performance. Here is an excerpt from past the midway point, it is in 9 parts on youtube if you care to watch.

edit on 14-8-2014 by ugmold because: clarification

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I've been a fan of Herzog films since I was a teenager. Haunting and strange. I don't ever care to dwell on the sordid aspects of celebrity lives, but Kinski was a fine actor in those movies - he was a very essential part of the Herzog effect.

Thanks for posting that video. Really compelling stuff there. I expect that back during the Reformation there must have been at least a couple of Germans who sounded a lot like that. Kinski might have been channeling some ancient ancestors.

join