It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof That "Om" Binds Our DNA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
For a great Free program use SinGen.
very easy to use.
you can see the freqence and note, C note.
sinegen.en.lo4d.com...
edit on 17-8-2014 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

Hmmp... I get what you are presenting in the thread, and how the practice of the Mantras, or specifically the Om(Aum) is supposed kind of hum, or radiate. If that what the practice of mantras is about, because I never got into the Mantras for whatever reason, but that what kind of sounds like what it supposed do, to me anyways.

However, I was kind of think about the Om mantra, more like how people use biblical words, whether in prayer, or what ever sentences they take from that good book, that supposedly so good, its bad. Like Jesus, considering that Mantra(even though it not mantra) meant to scare demons away, or find ones way to the bosom of God.

But then, listening to frequencies could affect moods. Just like how heavy death metal, and rap music is angry, but sounds like rubbish to someone who would listen to classical, while relaxing. Yet the ears of the rocker, or rapper, would be deaf to it.

So it wouldn't be electrical(or some magnetic feat that in some quantum..wherever) interference causing the moods, is it the way the brains processes the sounds, and personality attuned to such sounds. Like specific war chants.

Does a song like this cause some neural..whatever, when the brain processes it, or is some electromotive result. Much like if I said "Kai O ken", while to me, it would be boosting, while fictional enemy brain, would say "Kai o what"?

If that made sense....

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Interesting, but I see a flaw.

You say light and sound are the same. Sound cannot travel through a vacuum. Light can. There has to be some differentiation on the "higher plane" people between sight and sound, or else they would be completely without any sort of data input were they to be placed in a vacuum. Or they just never heard sound in the first place. One has to be true, you're choice!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

some 'dance' musics like in your post are surprisingly good for soothing the mind like drugs.

listening to them for long time... makes the heart feels peaceful.
i personally like enigma.
but i dunno what's the side effect to health

i also like celtic musics esp from indie artists in youtube... same effect.. serene.

i've also stopped listening to mainstream musics since two years ago.... i find it works well too.
life feels more peaceful too.

peace

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Actually a lot of metalheads are the similar kind of personality to those who would listen to classical music. Metal can have complex song arrangements like classical music. Tastes in music is a learned trait where you learn the elements of a genre and understand its restrictions then become attuned to it.

Yes, versus of the bible or quran are also mantras. "Om" isnt just a sound it has a meaning to it and that meaning is whats supposed to give it power. Someone correct me if im off.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Aural

Yes, the raging screams sounds very serene, and enlightening. Almost like god or an angel over my shoulder screaming in my ear. Just like the gun shots in rap.

What I was meaning, in a meaningful way, was that do the mantras only work when try to believe them. Or does the sounds it self do something, without meaning. Is the Mantra, Om just meant to kind of vibrate the chest or vocal chords. Causing more oxygen to the brain, or some crap like tht.

Also you should read up on how the bible thinks about Mantras, and Jesus.

"But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking."
Matthew 6:7

Two different things in a mean way. I wonder how the Qu'Ran feels about it?
edit on 18-8-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aural

Actually a lot of metalheads are the similar kind of personality to those who would listen to classical music. Metal can have complex song arrangements like classical music. Tastes in music is a learned trait where you learn the elements of a genre and understand its restrictions then become attuned to it.

Yes, versus of the bible or quran are also mantras. "Om" isnt just a sound it has a meaning to it and that meaning is whats supposed to give it power. Someone correct me if im off.

Totally on for the first bit (metal vs classical); have even been studies done about that and I can personally confirm

Second: not exactly. Mantras don't get power from the meaning but from a kind of mental willful intention connected to the sound vibration by the chanter. To get there, the right will, you need to know what you're chanting and how to do it correctly, but that's just the starting point of the whole thing. Read for instance 'Foundations of Tibetan Mysticism' by Lama Anagarika Govinda, where he unravels Om Mani Padme Hum as an example and guideline to Tibetan wisdom and chanting.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

They growl more than they do scream in Death Metal. Growling vocals reminds me of Tuvan Throat Singing almost. I know you were likely being sarcastic but once you are used to it, it can induce a trance like state for some people. Not normally relaxing but I've fallen asleep to this kind of stuff. Not that I did not get your point of calm vs aggressive music but how music effects people is a little more complicated is what I was saying.

Muslims actually have mantras as far as I know. I've seen it mentioned on Muslim websites such as this one.

Bismillah is just one of the words we already use many times each day. But the difference between empty words and a mantra is the intention. When you say bismillah with the full intention of sweeping the floor in the name of Allah (swt), it becomes a mantra.

When you say la hawla wa la quwitta illah billah, you’re acknowledging that your strength only comes from Allah (swt) and are asking Him to make you stronger, when you say it as a mantra and with focus.

Mantra seems to be a not very precisely defined term to begin with. I suppose you could also call the prayers recited when a Catholic uses a rosarie are mantras because its filled with so much order and method that its like a spell to cast away evil.
edit on 18-8-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
"Knowledge without practice is useless" - the opposite also applies.

Any form of "pop" music is generally tuned to A440, which creates pulsing dissonances in the chords, causing negative brainwave entrainment; also, the tempos create brainwave entrainment: BPM=Hz/60 - so listening to this music at these tempos and tuning is actually contributing to the negative attitudes and activities of the listeners. They believe what they are hearing on a subconscious level, while the beat marches them on like they are good little soldiers...

just chanting, or playing a sitar, or a singing bowl, or making a track with good intentions, isn't going to cut it - you have to tune it properly, set the tempos properly, then use them properly, or you might as well not bother at all.

you can't just say "I use uplifting frequencies" - uplifting for who? which frequencies? the Schumann Resonance is great for most people, but detrimental to those with Parkinsons, they already have high Theta peaks, you could cause a seizure. I've never gone to the doctor, and had him come into the waiting room, and say, "yknow there's so many of you here, I'll just treat you all at once." sorry, i just don't trust anyone's "intuition" to "heal" me.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I'm currently forming a sound healing collective with some friends. They brought in a metal singer who "does throat singing" - but he doesn't know any mantras, he doesn't know anything about pitch or tuning or proper vocalization frequencies which are passed down for centuries in many traditions and cultures and relatively easy to find online. he barely glanced at my chart because it's a foreign language to him.
he just walks around growling all the time. it's not healing, it's not meditative. it's just noise.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yes, Im aware of how every religion has their own sayings or mantra like spells. Thing is most religions don't like each other at all, no matter how similar or where they derived their own practices from.

Roaring and growling a great way to get some energy out, just like screaming into a pillow, just it became an art form for those who arent deaf to it.

Just like how F*ck is my mantra. Sometimes I gotta to yell it, and sometime I don't. I also try to make it rumble or vibrate the sound in my chess.

So God can hear it.

Whether a person tries to use a mantra out of anger or a magical spell word, without trying to understand it practice like an ignorant child who is arrogant to the fact of the practice. To that of a patient person observing it practice is up to the practitioner, and feel more vibrant about it.
edit on 18-8-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thank you for the post. I'm new at this but quite interested.
I have a question. There are many frequency video's on You Tube and such. I've listened to a few but how do I know they are actually produced in the frequency stated? Can anyone provide names or links that can be trusted? Thank you

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bachrk

very few, and you're right, no tellin' if they are what they say or not. again, it's like buying drugs on the street, not at all advisable.
most online are created using the "solfeggio frequencies" (hoax) or information they find in online charts, which are usually Rife Frequencies (not the same) or acu-point frequencies (also not the same).
the Monroe Institute has conducted some great studies, so has the University of Ohio.
i suggest creating your own using Audacity w/ the IsoMod plug-in (for isochronic tones) or Gnaural for binaurals.
both are free programs you can download, and the help menus are all you need to start creating your own.
i also suggest searching for studies conducted by universities and neurologists for accurate info on what does what. generally, it's more about the range, not the actual frequency - i.e. university of ohio used 20Hz for dopamine production, i use 20.225Hz because it's an "E" in A432Hz tuning, and therefore not dissonant with the music i use with it.
you can also find and download the Oster Curve for the carrier frequencies with the best results, but again i pick something in tune with the track. often, i use the 5th of the scale of the key of the song, to allow the tone to be more "buried" in the mix and less distracting to the listener.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bachrk

also, once you become accustomed to certain frequencies, you can pull them up in your brain like an old song, and you'll know if ones you are hearing are the right ones, just like many singers and musicians have "perfect pitch", you can too, but at the right pitch.
after a while, you don't need the tracks anymore, you will be able to simply change your brainwave peaks at will.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

When you say throat singing are you speaking of overtone singing or just guteral growls? Im presuming its the later. I didnt claim guterals to be healing or medatative but just there is a similarity to tuvan throat singing which is used for medatative purposes unrelated. If he is a death metal type vocalist he would not be able to hit notes because its hard to hit notes when doing that. Only melodic death metal vocalists try to hit certain pitches and notes when doinng harsher vocals which is actually even harsher on the throat and quite hazardous for that matter but even then its not precice notes. Its intended to be primal not meditative. My comparison to tuvan throat singing was just how they both use deep parts of the throat and can be done similarly if someone knew how.

The medatativeness or entrancement of metal I was referring more to the instrumentals of certain subgenres rather than the vocals. This usually is the guitar and bass but sometimes the drums as well if its an even drumming pattern. There are a few subgenres that rarely use any vocals even. There are different tunings and tempos between different subgenres or even bands and songs but sadly I cant really list them as I am not good with music tuning and all that stuff. Drone Metal is one example of something I had in mind but Im not sure what you have in mind when you think of meditation as there are many forms of it and different feelings one can feel. Im speaking of personal experience.

Of course this wont be 432 tuned as a normal guitar can not be tuned the Pythagorean way without an odd shaped fret board.

I have other genres of music that effect me all in different ways for each one both instrument based and electronic based.

But really whats the difference between 440 and 432? These are both just arbitrary numbers assigned to sounds. The magical looking 432 could easily have been written as 666hz or 2hz in another system.
edit on 18-8-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Very good thread.
I had a vision the other day of an indian tribe at the waters edge and they were all singing amazing grace.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I knew what you meant - I just had to share that because it just happened last week and I found it interesting you brought that up, and my friend will have to learn to do more than growl, or go back to the metal band.
Not dissing metal at all, there is indeed a lot that is very comparable to classical, and many metal guitarists are classically trained.

As far as A432 vs A440 goes, most classical was intended for A435 or A432 - definitely NOT A440 or higher - because of the pulsing dissonances of the strings, and singers passing register. Any kind of numerological hooey you may hear about 432 is just that - hooey. You're absolutely correct about the numbers - except that the numbers are cycles per second of a wave - one cycle in one second is 1Hz - it's the "second" that is arbitrary in this situation, as humans only invented it as a measurement of time about 1000 years ago.

You can tune a guitar to A432, by just tuning it to A432. A432 doesn't mean Pythagorean, or Just Temperament or any other - A432 can be in Equal, Just, or any other...
My Yamaha acoustic humms forever tuned to it - at A440, it's a flat and duller tone. My friend just set up my vintage hollow-body to be intonated to A432 as well, and now it plays much better and doesn't slip out of tune every time i hit the whammy-bar.
You can also retune a keyboard or computer synth program by setting the master pitch to -32 cents. I have a full-sized Yamaha keyboard that it's -36 on, so check with a tuner app that displays the frequencies - PitchLab is great.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
Thanks!
Do you mean Native Americans? Either way, odd they would be singing that. Wonder what that means?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thank you so much for the instructions. Much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I think it was the tribe that made the gold in the lake by pissing in it amoung other things. I can't remember correctly but maybe argentina? I feel that what you have posted is part of alchemy that is unknown. Perhaps in your efforts to understand this dna binding there may also be some plants or substances that would aid one in regeneration? Or perhaps my mind plays tricks on me by showing me a vision that could never have happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join