It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. John Lewis - " Obama Should Declare Martial Law in Ferguson " - MSNBC - 8-14-14

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
I called for the use of the National Guard in another thread this morning. LBJ did it in 1965 to protect civil rights demonstrators from being beaten and killed. This is one of the very few cases in which I believe martial law is justified. Let them protest in peace. Let their voices of frustration and anger be heard. Do not violate their constitutional right to peacefully assemble and do not violate the journalists freedom of press. Seems fairly simple to me. Why twist this into something nefarious OP? Partisan much?

Except they are not peacefully protesting. They are rioting and looting.

If they were simply peacefully protesting, it would be another story.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: xuenchen

Where has our beloved Constitution been buried? My goodness. Do any of these elected yahoos have a clue?

They're Democrats and progressives if that answers your questions. Establishment Republicans are almost just as bad, but since they aren't the party in power, they'll at least not go running to the Feds right now.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: mOjOm

You just described the Progressive agenda to a "T".

Can't assemble a genuine rebuttal and then go off on tangents.

Gotta Luv It.

What we are witnessing in Ferguson is 100% Left-Wing Progressive.

Congressman Lewis has been exposed.

Vote Democrat !

Thanks for stepping up and proving my point. I knew you'd make a fine example. Divided we stand, United we Fall.

Keep that division alive and strong xuenchen, so far it's working out great for all of us!!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Keep that division alive and strong xuenchen, so far it's working out great for all of us!!

Oh. No need to thank me.

Congressman Lewis has spoken.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Xeuchen only highlighted the divisions; history can detail it for you.
Only the deluded can state that he is creating the division.

History never repeats.....I tell myself, before I go to sleep....

(credit to Split Endz for a very truthful statement about the delusional state of the progressive agenda)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Oh. No need to thank me.

Congressman Lewis has spoken.

On no, you deserve full credit. Congressman Lewis, as far as I know, isn't the one coming to ATS on a daily basis pushing partisan political views. That's all you my friend. You're becoming quite well known for it around here too as others have tried to point out. You've worked so hard at it, why not own it???

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakesidepark

Xeuchen only highlighted the divisions; history can detail it for you.
Only the deluded can state that he is creating the division.

History never repeats.....I tell myself, before I go to sleep....

(credit to Split Endz for a very truthful statement about the delusional state of the progressive agenda)

Really??? I'm not sure how familiar you are with his topics, but there is difference between "Highlighting" and "Pushing" Divisive Viewpoints.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

There is no "agenda" at work in the streets of Ferguson. It's one thing to talk about national stage politics in terms of agendas, but nobody sat down and discussed whether or not to have a riot and what its objectives are, nor how to exploit it. People did this for their own individual reasons, which for them reached a tipping point separately from anyone who might agree with them in principle.

There were some guys who allegedly wanted something from a convenience store but not to pay for it.
There was allegedly a cop who panicked and shot a guy who wasn't on him anymore because he was scared and angry.
There were people who had a lot of bad experiences who saw this as symbolic and wanted to make a statement.
There were people who saw disorder and decided it was an opportunity to go too far.
And now there are all kinds of people who want the violence stopped before it spreads and have all kinds of theories on exactly what the problem is and how to solve it, among whom John Lewis and all of us can be numbered.

To speak in terms of agendas is acting like this was part of somebody's political platform and that's obscuring the solution rather than leading to it.

And to speak of other members as if they were the problem, however disagreeable they may be in perception or in fact, is also counterproductive- though thats the most I can say about it while participating as a member rather than as a mod.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Everything you say is true, but there ARE people there on the ground pushing agendas, and people in the media pushing agendas, and now every incident that results in a minority getting killed during an altercation (whether another citizen or law enforcement) is being distorted into an agenda. And some of the violence and destruction there is happening to promote agendas, as well as the low-lifes just trying to get a free TV.

We have New Black Panthers and KKK joining the frey, neither have anything to do with the original incident, but are exploiting it to their own means. We have politicians making themselves important and trying to address all the racial ills at the expense of making peace in this one community. Law Enforcement has went over the top with their military-style invasion of the community, and this is just hardening the resolve of all parties.

This will not end well. Its very possible we will see this same scenario play out in LA this weekend as they protest their own shooting that took place last weekend.

Now, it is true that racial tensions in this community have been an issue for years, if not decades or even centuries (note the martial law declared exactly 150 years ago today due to outsite instigators causing issues in St Louis in support of the Confederacy). The stretch of I-55 cutting south of this community was adopted by the KKK in 2001 after they won the rights to sponsor it over the objections of the local community. St Louis pulled their sponsorship after declaring they failed to keep up the maintenance as part of the sponsorship (thankfully) but the locals never forgot it.
articles.latimes.com...

This entire thread is a microcosm of what is happening nationally.
Political and devisive? Yes. That is where we are today.

(I thought all of this was going away after January of 2009 - guess we were deluded and misguided to think that)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

um....there's nothing in your source, stating that martial law was declared....

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well Mr. Lewis,

Looks like peaceful protesting in Ferguson is happening without your Martial Law.

No incidents as of this minute.

10:45pm CST 8/14/2014

What do ya say NOW?

Hmmm.

Check your email Mr. Lewis.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Original video is censored.

here's a new one (same as old) different source....

Congressman John Lewis Calls For "MARTIAL LAW" In Ferguson Missouri

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join