It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. John Lewis - " Obama Should Declare Martial Law in Ferguson " - MSNBC - 8-14-14

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: LeatherNLace

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Show me how this can be a good thing.

I already gave an example. Here let me help you:

The Selma to Montgomory Civil Rights Marches of 1965

It also happens to be the last time martial law was declared by a POTUS...and it wasn't nationwide, it was localized to that marching route to protect the protesters.

Now, show me an example of where martial law was declared by a POTUS and it went bad.

Was Martial Law declared ?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The exercise of government and control by military authorities over the civilian population of a designated territory.

Trust me you do not want this.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Precisely...

If FactCheckers analyzed his comments they would mirror your points.

"This ain't the Congo" congressman!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Now if the crowd turned violent, started looting, or burning the city to the ground....then the use of more restrictive martial law would be necessary.

This is the part that gets me, they still have the option to ramp it up whenever they see fit.
I do think it would be a great idea for the national guard to stop the police from doing what they are doing, I just don't see it happen. I am one of those conspiracy mined people, but I have never seen the Seige

Thanks for the clarification tho.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

they still have the option to ramp it up whenever they see fit.

Not when they see fit; rather, when the circumstances call for it. Do you seriously think the citizens would intentionally ramp thing up against those the POTUS sends in to protect them? Me neither.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Still waiting for your answer on how good it will be if they declare martial law?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Highway Patrol to take over from local police in Ferguson

The Highway Patrol will take over security in Ferguson, Mo., from the St. Louis County Police, which have come under heavy criticism nationally for its tactics.

link

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Do you seriously think the citizens would intentionally ramp thing up against those the POTUS sends in to protect them?

I do, and I don't. I can't ignore the bad apples in the community that would take the good idea of marital law and turn it bad. I have been a staunch on the stance of keeping them separate from the peaceful protestors but I just don't see the fed's having the same stance.
I guess I would need to see it work out before I could believe that it could.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Still waiting for your answer on how good it will be if they declare martial law?

Then you need to pay attention to the thread, the replies to my questions to the user should have answered your question by now since I asked the same thing

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Then you need to pay attention to the thread, the replies to my questions to the user should have answered your question by now since I asked the same thing

And who are you?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Just some one that asked the same poster the same question you asked. Maybe since I acted civilly, I got an answer.
But how did the poster not answer your question when he/she stated that it would take the local police out of the equation and let the national guard protect the protestors? You may not agree with the answer, but it answers your question

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

It would be awesome! But only if they did balloon animals. Nothing is scary if they bring balloon animals.

P

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Where has our beloved Constitution been buried? My goodness. Do any of these elected yahoos have a clue?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

If you think that protesters are going to be protected under martial law then you my friend are just lying to yourself.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Make me a bike, clown.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

If you think that protesters are going to be protected under martial law then you my friend are just lying to yourself.

So again I will ask you to read the replies of the thread, as I clearly stated I don't think that would be the outcome. So go back and read the thread and I assure you that both stances of me and leathernlace will be clearly stated.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: xuenchen

Progressives sure are in a quandary now aren't they.

Is there anything that you can't twist into a partisan issue?

He can't help it. Conservatives operate with a hive mind and can't think for themselves. Therefor they assume everyone else thinks in the same way.

(You see how easy yet pointless that is??)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
Now, show me an example of where martial law was declared by a POTUS and it went bad.

St. Louis, August 14th....1861. exactly 150 years ago today!
www.civilwarmo.org...

Already noted here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Approved by President Lincoln.
And what happened after that one???

Just saying....

EDIT - as I was reading further into the politics prior to the Civil War...I think my mind blew a fuse or something. There were the Democratic and Rrepublican parties...the Democrats split over slavery rights, and Republicans trying to abolish slavery in all states and territories.

What happened to bring it to the state it is today. Did everyone switch sides? That wasn't the case in the 1960's either if you look at the voting percentages in the House and senate supporting and opposing the Civil Rights Act (more Repubs in support, more Dems against, and the prez following the direction of the wind).

The efforts of Dems to distort the true intentions of conservatives have been very successful it appears, as anyone seeing today's political distortions by progressives would think they are the ones that fought for the freedom of the slaves.

History says NO....
edit on 14-8-2014 by lakesidepark because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
We've lost the will to protest. Remember those protesters that weren't afraid to be arrested? Those protesters that sat down and waited to be arrested and considered their arrest reports medals of honor?

We want to protest then we have to do it right and be willing to accept the consequences of our actions. We have to have the conversation on the street about why we are protesting and how we are going to do it.

Support for a cause is wonderful however, if we aren't doing it correctly we are actually hurting our cause.
edit on 14-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You just described the Progressive agenda to a "T".

Can't assemble a genuine rebuttal and then go off on tangents.

Gotta Luv It.

What we are witnessing in Ferguson is 100% Left-Wing Progressive.

Congressman Lewis has been exposed.

Vote Democrat !

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join