It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch: Ferguson SWAT Shoots Tear Gas at Al Jazeera Crew, Shreds the Constitution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I know there are other Ferguson threads going on, but this news definitely deserves its own thread. What this SWAT team does to reporters in Ferguson is truly shocking and reprehensible beyond words.

Watch: Ferguson SWAT Shoots Tear Gas at Al Jazeera Crew, Shreds the Constitution

New footage has surfaced of a Ferguson SWAT team shooting at the news media with tear gas and shredding the Constitution in order to block them from filming their indefensible actions.

Not only did they shoot the Al Jazeera America crew with teargas canisters, but once the reporters fled in order to escape from the toxic fumes, they are seen taking down their cameras and equipment.

This is precisely why our Founding Fathers wrote the First Amendment in the first place: to protect the press when they are performing their duty of informing the American people.

Watch the video below (1 minute and 55 seconds long):

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Why can't citizens just pull the plug on funding the departments?

Seizing records and prosecuting for RICO and civil right violations would be the next step. And when they refuse to leave their precincts?

I will be there to join the mob encouraging them to reconsider.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

They should all be arrested and face jail time. Just because you enforce the law does not mean you are above it.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

They should all be arrested and face jail time. Just because you enforce the law does not mean you are above it.

I totally agree and that looks good on paper, but unfortunately that's obviously not the reality we live in.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Guaranteed the Officer who shot the Tear Gas at them will not have his name released, cuz they are the good guys.

edit on 14-8-2014 by ugmold because: spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Wow. Do they not realize that even though they don't like being filmed, that little stunt of theirs will assure them a place in every classroom from now on?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Oh how cute, an armored car. Why doesn't someone just steal a front end loader and flip that thing on its side with those nazis inside it. I would never advocate an attack on the police, but with self defense against military style armament being the issue it just seems like an obvious way to safeguard lives and property.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Whats even worse than what they did?

The lack of american media being stood beside Al Jazeera.

People should phone their tv cable/whatever supplier and tell them they're canceling because of the lack of coverage.

I dont have TV but if I did thats the first thing I'd do.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The media should be all over this! I know it was mentioned a bit on CNN but c'mon, telling the press to stop recording and pulling their equipment down is a flagrant violation of freedom of the press. This is wrong on so many levels.

Now for those who don't think our media isn't controlled behind the scenes, here is government in complete public view of trying to squelch any video evidence of intimidation, over use of force and corruption.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I see this as a heck of an opportunity to grab back the country. It's such a teachable moment. If I could draw, I would portray the new movement as a constitution biting the county boys in the a$$. The oathkeepers could go around and make sure all police departments understand what the 1st amendment means, for instance. Seize this opportunity to begin turning this around. It is about a well-armed police force or about the 'We The People'. This video draws a clear line, imo. If the cops think of the people as the enemy then it's time to visit that notion and sort it out before it festers any further. That display was not intelligent. A display of power only shows corruption and must be reeled in. Just my 2 pennies' worth.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

The OathKeepers are a joke! WHERE ARE THEY???????? IF this isn't an excuse to be present and vocal I dont know what is! They are filled with the same type of losers as these law enforcement entities. It's up to the American PEOPLE! I.e. all the fat, wealthy, clueless St. Louis suburbanites sitting on their couch potato rear ends! But you know what? They could give a crap! I grew up in St. Louis. West County and all the other affluent counties could give a crap what's happening to poor, black people in Ferguson. That's the truth of the matter. Hell most of these officers in these videos and doing this crap probably live in West County. Where are all the so called anti-big government, good ol boys who hate the liberals and big government? America is a divided country. Nobody cares about the poor black people. I don't think these black people are innocent…….hell the victim isn't innocent. But that's not the issue at this point. The alarming fact is the military like presence of local LE their utter disregard for the Constitution and treating American citizens like nothing more than third world terrorist insurgents.

I love all the idiots who still preach that America is the land of the free, land of opportunity, blah blah BLAH! America was finished, done stuck a fork in her 15+ years ago. 9/11 was the nail in the coffin. America is a joke! The entire globe is a joke!

The western world and western society has lost its balls! We can't even come together to form a coalition of the willing to destroy ISIS!

And as Americans we can most CERTAINLY point the finger at the loser in chief Obama! He's been an utter colossal failure to the nth degree! He's a clown! Everyone under him is a clown from Holder to Clinton to Kerry to the Pentagon goons. Can't say the right is much better. Look at the losers who've failed their way to the top…….McCain, bonehead Boehner, etc.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Where are the HEROES???????? Where are the true patriots? Where are the REAL men the REAL leaders? We live in a sheep dog society……….the sheep are surrounded by wolves at every level of government and corporate society and there are no SHEEP DOGS around?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are there any good honest leaders out there anymore? Not just leaders but leaders who are willing to put their head and rear on the line? Why isn't Rand Paul out there protesting getting his butt thrown in jail? Where is Alex Jones? Where is Jesse Ventura? Those guys are all a bunch of wannabes!

Where are all the ex Navy SEALS, MARSOC, Army, Navy??????? The same people who took an oath to protect the American people and the Constitution from enemies foreign and domestic? They will go fight and die for foreigners but are unwilling to make a stand for the American people? Oh I know where they are…….they are the losers hiding behind their badges firing tear gas at reporters. Hell most of these cops and LE are ex-military probably.
edit on 14-8-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

I don't think these black people are innocent…….hell the victim isn't innocent. But that's not the issue at this point. The alarming fact is the military like presence of local LE their utter disregard for the Constitution and treating American citizens like nothing more than third world terrorist insurgents.

I think in this statement is an important point. Most Americans are not critical thinkers, they do not plumb distinctions. For most, to pull this apart and take action based on something not clearly delineated is not going to happen.

If the heroes you elude to show up tonight, what would they do? What would be the optimal course of action? Can we guarantee all parties involved would interpret it as altruistic? Or are we dealing with humans at near their base level and need to act accordingly?

I am not trying to shoot you down. I agree with what you say mostly. Just curious as to what would improve things.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I cannot believe I just watched that - right here in America.

When are these morons going to learn there is always another guy with a cellphone camera?

Imagine all the stuff we HAVEN'T seen yet simply because the media is not reporting on this and apparently when trying they are being attacked.....Such a shameful day, this video should be front page EVERYWHERE.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype
Oh Come on Anderson Cooper is setting up his Green Screen right now to cover it, but the story might be interrupted by a deer that got loose in a Supermarket or Justin Bieber News Flash.

Why couldn't they at least shot it at Wolf Blitzer?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond
Oh how cute, an armored car. Why doesn't someone just steal a front end loader and flip that thing on its side with those nazis inside it. I would never advocate an attack on the police, but with self defense against military style armament being the issue it just seems like an obvious way to safeguard lives and property.

There is a war on the streets of the USA and the citizens are outraged. Then, they go back to their living rooms and sit down with a nice cup of coffee and watch some more TV.

In what other country in the world could police do this and not have their asses handed to them by civilians?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

This is not true. The police, nor SWAT, fired teargas at Al Jazeera. In fact, the encroaching crowd had already made them feel so uncomfortable, they had asked for help.

The teargas was fired at the crowd, and ENCROACHED the area where Al Jazeera was staged. They asked for help getting out and SWAT evacuated them to safety, then later went back and retrieved their gear for them.

www.thewrap.com...

m.huffpost.com...
Please go to the last paragraph.

fox2now.com...

ETA Links

Having phone troubles, hence posting issues.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Whoever tried that...would be dead moments later.

MM

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

Whoever tried that...would be dead moments later.

MM

You're assuming it would be just one person. Two, three, four, more. More than that. Even more than that.

It's a very good change of tack for the police to dress normally and remove any semblance of military style weapons and vehicles and likely just in time.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Disgraceful display. Criminals policing criminals. Lovely place we're creating for ourselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join